Manchester United Fans - The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can do what they want mate, it's their city & their club.
You have no right to tell them what they can or cannot do in their community.
Why would they model themselves on Utd anyway? They're not exactly known
for being passionate fans.

Fair enough. You are right, and I have no wish to TELL them what to do in there own community / country
Like you I came here to find out about and Follow NYCFC.

I want NYCFC to go well, I don't want to see another Chivas, Supporters can support who the hell they like, they only have to answer to themselves. But as much as the City V United history has no place in a NYCFC forum, surely the NYCFC fans can see that anything United has no place in a City Group Business.

They did the group no favours in Europe did they ?

So if guys leave this kind of crap off the forum, and to be honest there is nothing like as much now as there was at the beginning... I promise never to mention United again, unless specifically asked a question. In fact this was the only quick example I can find now but there was loads the other week. Its a weak example but..

(song chant suggestion, I appreciate its from an adaptable song)
3. Jason Kreis Blue & White Army

Tune: David Moyes Red & White Army (among others)

User: @@MyBoyCity

After my third or fourth and last post (and counting) I was called a Rag. And that was on a thread about me specifically.

I am on BM, and not your forum, (just found BM first and got used to it) is there some kind of rivalry between the two forums, or do you work together in the main ?

Just from your answers I get the feeling of bad blood.

After my third or fourth and last post (and counting) I was called a Rag. And that was on a thread about me specifically.

Yes. It's a forum tradition. Every new poster on Bluemoon gets called a rag. It's probably also why you also saw no-one question that comment, in spite of the number of people who claimed to already know you.

You are my favorite MCFC fan so far. You sum up the matter clearly and concisely, right to the point of it. Good on you.

Thanks mate. I'm just trying to look at it from your perspective.
The best way to look at it is imagining Bluemoon being overrun with
Melbourne Heart (Melbourne City now) fans, telling us how Sydney are this & that,
telling us about their games 3 years ago etc. & whilst I have some interest in them
(I have more in NYCFC, because of the city), I'm not bothered enough to
talk about them all the time & I'd imagine the City fans of Bluemoon getting
annoyed.

Like I said before, the MCFC fans here don't mean any harm, but they are acting
like you're all new MCFC fans who need lessons on us, which obviously isn't
the case at all. Even though I am entirely grateful to Sheik Mansour for delivering
what I never thought I'd get to see; being a City fan in Manchester, I still have little
interest in Abu Dhabi the country as it's not really relevant to me apart from them
bank rolling my football club. I suspect you all feel grateful towards the Sheik & MCFC,
but I guess, like myself, nearly all of your interest is in what they're doing in your
local area, to your football (soccer) club.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I'm just trying to look at it from your perspective.
The best way to look at it is imagining Bluemoon being overrun with
Melbourne Heart (Melbourne City now) fans, telling us how Sydney are this & that,
telling us about their games 3 years ago etc. & whilst I have some interest in them
(I have more in NYCFC, because of the city), I'm not bothered enough to
talk about them all the time & I'd imagine the City fans of Bluemoon getting
annoyed.

Like I said before, the MCFC fans here don't mean any harm, but they are acting
like you're all new MCFC fans who need lessons on us, which obviously isn't
the case at all. Even though I am entirely grateful to Sheik Mansour for delivering
what I never thought I'd get to see; being a City fan in Manchester, I still have little
interest in Abu Dhabi the country as it's not really relevant to me apart from them
bank rolling my football club. I suspect you all feel grateful toward the Sheik & MCFC,
but I guess, like myself, nearly all of your interest is in what they're doing in your
local area, to your football (soccer) club.

Very eloquent.

Whilst I do not believe the NYC fans "need lessons" or should take identity off us in any way shape or form, I do think that whilst NYC are defining there UNIQUE identity, there should be some things that unite the group.
I hope the NYC fans realize this group set up / scale is as new to us as it is them.

Tiger jones......
What I mean by NYCFC fans never understanding is.....
I take my little girl to school,and rags ram their success down my throat.
I take my little boy to school,and rags ram their success down my throat.
I go to work and rags ram their success down my throat.
I come home from work and take my boy to scouts,and rags ram their success down my throat.
I take my girl horse riding,and rags ram their success down my throat.
I go to the pub,and rags ram their success down my throat.......it's been a constant barrage for over 30 years of abuse by rags towards city fans.
The tide has well and truly turned and all of a sudden WE are buying the league.I get shit because we spent £36 million for aguero,overpriced they reckon...but they spend £30 million on camel gob in 2002 and it's a bargain,£28.1 million in 2001 for veron,£25 million for anderson in 2007,the list goes on,but yet city are buying trophies.
Them parasites have been doing it for decades and now the boot is on the other foot,they don't like it,they want it stopping...their arrogance is second to none,hence their song"we're man united,we do what we want".
Unless they win it they don't want to acknowledge it....utter parasites,the lot of them.
Unless you've lived in manchester and been blue,you'll never understand the shit we have put up with.....

Rant over........sorry :)

Very eloquent.

Whilst I do not believe the NYC fans "need lessons" or should take identity off us in any way shape or form, I do think that whilst NYC are defining there UNIQUE identity, there should be some things that unite the group.
I hope the NYC fans realize this group set up / scale is as new to us as it is them.

I know you've got the best intentions mate, just be wary that NYCFC fans will
grow tired if we keep talking about us & comparing them to us.

New York is one of the great cities in the world, it's very diverse & is home to
some of the best Americans there are, from what I've read/heard anyway.
They don't require our help to form their own fan base. You can tell how
happy & proud they are to now have a club in the city, for the city of New York.
Everything will come natural to them & the club will reflect the city itself
just like Manchester & MCFC, Utd are like Red Bulls, they don't play in Manchester
& quite frankly they don't care if there's Londoners filling that shit heap stadium as
long as it's full, whereas the Sheik emphasises on how he wants City to remain powerful
locally. One of the great things is that Sheik Mansour makes his clubs affordable to watch,
City have the best value in the EPL by some distance, so the vast majority of New Yorkers will
hopefully be able to see their club play in the flesh.

There's a bright future for Manchester & New York, & it's blue.

Reactions: Kinkladze
I know you've got the best intentions mate, just be wary that NYCFC fans will
grow tired if we keep talking about us & comparing them to us.

New York is one of the great cities in the world, it's very diverse & is home to
some of the best Americans there are, from what I've read/heard anyway.
They don't require our help to form their own fan base. You can tell how
happy & proud they are to now have a club in the city, for the city of New York.
Everything will come natural to them & the club will reflect the city itself
just like Manchester & MCFC, Utd are like Red Bulls, they don't play in Manchester
& quite frankly they don't care if there's Londoners filling that shit heap stadium as
long as it's full, whereas the Sheik emphasises on how he wants City to remain powerful
locally. One of the great things is that Sheik Mansour makes his clubs affordable to watch,
City have the best value in the EPL by some distance, so the vast majority of New Yorkers will
hopefully be able to see their club play in the flesh.

There's a bright future for Manchester & New York, & it's blue.

At no point (I hope) have I compared them to us.

I have asked questions to try to help me understand the sports culture over there, and I have explained my personal views on United so they got a flavor of the rivalry. I know my views on the club are irrational, but no more irrational than the vast majority of Citys support. This was never about trying to get them to hate United as much as we do. Maybe I have not been clear enough. It was always about asking the question of how ONLY THOSE THAT SUPPORT UNITED, rationalise it with supporting NYCFC. You couldn't do it, I couldn't do it.

But then again I followed (rather than Supported) Cosmos because Tueart was there for a while, but now I have a club to align myself with in America, who are rivals to Cosmos I am quite happy to switch. So I don't really suppose in most cases it is much different. So I was trying to find out just how strong those that support United now actually view there support to be.

I know it makes no difference in the long run.

The warzone is surely for controversial debates though?
Not 300,000 threads on MCFC, we're all on Bluemoon so can
debate MCFC 24 hours a day on there with people who actually support
MCFC.

An idea for the moderators on here would be to just have a "Manchester City thread",
so we can put everything in there, that way, the NYCFC fans who are
sick of hearing about MCFC can just avoid 1 thread.

Not telling you how to run your own forum but they do a similar thing for
other clubs on Bluemoon.
We've managed to corral most of the MCFC-centric stuff here. We aren't going to outright ban the 'ManC is ultimate number 1" talk because it sets a bad precedent but I do tend to keep a closer eye on those threads.

Based on our current Guidelines if this were posted in any other section it probably would've been removed. Warzone workd because it allows people to vent wothout fear of heavy moderation.

At no point (I hope) have I compared them to us.

I have asked questions to try to help me understand the sports culture over there, and I have explained my personal views on United so they got a flavor of the rivalry. I know my views on the club are irrational, but no more irrational than the vast majority of Citys support. This was never about trying to get them to hate United as much as we do. Maybe I have not been clear enough. It was always about asking the question of how ONLY THOSE THAT SUPPORT UNITED, rationalise it with supporting NYCFC. You couldn't do it, I couldn't do it.

But then again I followed (rather than Supported) Cosmos because Tueart was there for a while, but now I have a club to align myself with in America, who are rivals to Cosmos I am quite happy to switch. So I don't really suppose in most cases it is much different. So I was trying to find out just how strong those that support United now actually view there support to be.

I know it makes no difference in the long run.

Don't get me wrong mate I hate the red fuckers with a burning passion &
like I said I know you're on here with good intentions, my point is just lets not
talk about MCFC & that lot from Trafford too much on here, because to New Yorkers,
City & Utd don't really mean much.

Here's what you and some of the others don't seem to understand: This isn't about you, your allegiances or your history. No one here cares about how deep C v U is. If we did someone would have posted "True ManC fans, how can we be more like you?"

But that never happened. So someone had to write a manifesto about why he hates a soccer team. How about we've got real problems here and we try to focus our negative energy towards those issues and use Sport as a way to forget our problems. Why shit on the rivals any futher than banter? Monday morning he's gotta go back to his shit job making shit money. Now he's got to worry about some jackass spitting on his car because he prefer red over blue?

Complete nonsense.

I hate the Devils and the Flyers and much as the next guy. As an anonymous group they're cockfaces...but in the end we know we're all the same. Our history as New Yorkers, Yankees, or Americans runs far deeper than a sports rivalry.
I've posted maybe twice on Bluemoon; it is a horrible place, full of people who will jump on you if you do not tow the line.
so similar to here then :cool:

We've managed to corral most of the MCFC-centric stuff here. We aren't going to outright ban the 'ManC is ultimate number 1" talk because it sets a bad precedent but I do tend to keep a closer eye on those threads.

Based on our current Guidelines if this were posted in any other section it probably would've been removed. Warzone workd because it allows people to vent wothout fear of heavy moderation.
So you admit to keeping a closer eye on the MCFC fans. That's how that comes across.

I have a co-worker who is a rag. Decent enough sort for a rag anyway. He told me flat out he would give up watching football before following NYCFC because it is owned by MCFC. You know what? I admire him for it.

Yea I absolutely do. Those discussions tend to be very volatile. Next to spam, MC discussions get the most reports.
There is a reason for that. Butt-Hurt rags, scousers, etc that hat the fact that when ever they will put kit on in the future they know they will be seeing Man City staring back at them in the mirror.

Keep living in a dream world. There's nobody hating Manchester City here because of allegiances to other teams. They're hating Manchester City because of the 4-5 people who have reading comprehension problems and can't see that United, Liverpool, or anyone else have nothing to do with this. Nobody brings up anyone in England but those people. This is an MLS forum for an MLS club based in New York. This entire thread is based off the fact that the forum is overrun with United fans or something. I know of one, and he's the VP of our supporter group. Deal with it.

I have a co-worker who is a rag. Decent enough sort for a rag anyway. He told me flat out he would give up watching football before following NYCFC because it is owned by MCFC. You know what? I admire him for it.

I already like your co worker. I understand him.

I am on BM, and not your forum, (just found BM first and got used to it) is there some kind of rivalry between the two forums, or do you work together in the main ?

Just from your answers I get the feeling of bad blood.

No bad blood, no working together, no nothing. Have had run-ins with other smaller places, but that was just highly amusing, and did not end well for them.

Yes. It's a forum tradition. Every new poster on Bluemoon gets called a rag. It's probably also why you also saw no-one question that comment, in spite of the number of people who claimed to already know you.

I see. Well, in return, I was very polite offering much love and stuff.
An initiation of sorts, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.