MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

I also just did a chat with T-Mobile, the agent claimed the "MLS Season Pass offer will be available soon," but didn't give me a date for that availability.
Based on the second image above, it should be available from tomorrow... Which isn't Tuesday but whatever? 😂 As long as I get it again I don't really mind. Hopefully before first game of the season as well...

Reactions: ZYanksRule
This has been a journey.

Big oof.
Sigh. guess I have to shell out more money for yet another streaming service.
Seriously, now it's ESPN, Paramount, MLS.... I've cancelled fubo already bc it's insanely priced and not enough other games, but that's where i get some of my EPL.
I'm spending easily 3-400 on just trying to watch games. insane. This is why people sail the seas.

Reactions: Gene
We have a ton of streaming services, but I haven't the slightest idea what they cost. I pay the cable bill every month and I told my wife and kids if they want the streams they have to pay for them.

Off the top of my head we have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube, Apple+, Peacock, MLB and another one that's UK based (but not Brit Box). I'm not happy with having to pay for MLS, but in the long run I guess $79 for the season isn't a bad deal. And I say that as a guy who uses the service to watch live matches only. I never watch that 360 program or replays and rarely watch the pre game show.

• Angry
Reactions: Shwafta
We have a ton of streaming services, but I haven't the slightest idea what they cost. I pay the cable bill every month and I told my wife and kids if they want the streams they have to pay for them.

Off the top of my head we have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube, Apple+, Peacock, MLB and another one that's UK based (but not Brit Box). I'm not happy with having to pay for MLS, but in the long run I guess $79 for the season isn't a bad deal. And I say that as a guy who uses the service to watch live matches only. I never watch that 360 program or replays and rarely watch the pre game show.

The whole streaming thing, at this point, is turning into the same cost as the cable bundle. It continues to blow my mind that, as a cable subscriber, I keep losing content to streaming services. I pay enough for my cable that I should get the same service as streaming customers. There needs to be a way to service both sets of customers.

1708540292926.png

Not sure why, but I can't see the yearly option. I would much rather the 99/year option than the 14.99 monthly which ends up being 179.88.

View attachment 13187

Not sure why, but I can't see the yearly option. I would much rather the 99/year option than the 14.99 monthly which ends up being 179.88.
Maybe your T-Mobile sub was structured as Monthly? This says your current sub expires on Saturday. Maybe if you wait until it is over? But even that doesn't make sense. You should be able to switch.
I'm sure this was helpful.

so I gotta wait for it to lapse so i can re-subscribe on the new way. great.

so you get to watch saturday and then pay for the annual on sunday. that'd be my guess. since you are still an active subscriber, it should have a renewal option in your account settings, no?

so you get to watch saturday and then pay for the annual on sunday. that'd be my guess. since you are still an active subscriber, it should have a renewal option in your account settings, no?
That's the thing, that screenshot _is_ the renewal option. So I'll have to wait for it to lapse as the other comments say. Just strange that it has to be done that way.

Reactions: moogoo
That's the thing, that screenshot _is_ the renewal option. So I'll have to wait for it to lapse as the other comments say. Just strange that it has to be done that way.

hey you're getting match week 1 for free! consider it a bonus :D

• Haha
Credit where credit is due. It appears apple has fixed it's spoiler issue. Had to make sure the setting was correct on all devices this morning. And also still need to avoid accidentally scrolling to where the highlight thumbnails basically tell the story of the match. But otherwise, seems fixed.

Credit where credit is due. It appears apple has fixed it's spoiler issue. Had to make sure the setting was correct on all devices this morning. And also still need to avoid accidentally scrolling to where the highlight thumbnails basically tell the story of the match. But otherwise, seems fixed.
The highlights thing is what bugs me though - can't they make highlights blurred until you click them? Or something similar. When you have spoilers, it still defeats the purpose when I have to block the bottom part of my screen to avoid seeing accidentally

Reactions: JCMore
The highlights thing is what bugs me though - can't they make highlights blurred until you click them? Or something similar. When you have spoilers, it still defeats the purpose when I have to block the bottom part of my screen to avoid seeing accidentally

The full game replay should be the first thing you scroll past, not the last. That would solve the highlights issue.

Reactions: FootyLovin
The full game replay should be the first thing you scroll past, not the last. That would solve the highlights issue.
1708620870436.png
This is an example of the chicago game full page. The highlights are still showing up on the page. That should not happen, as now I have to make sure i avoid looking at that part. Shouldn't be this way.

View attachment 13191This is an example of the chicago game full page. The highlights are still showing up on the page. That should not happen, as now I have to make sure i avoid looking at that part. Shouldn't be this way.

i was hoping apple and/or mls would have put more effort into refining the UI during the off season, but it seems they didn't do much of anything. as far as i can tell, nothing has changed? layout could be improved a lot. we should be able to subscribe to teams to make it easier to find their live games and game replays directly from the homepage without scores and highlights spoiling anything. scores OFF should be default.

etc etc. lots of things they could have improved in the off season but did not. disappointing.