MLS - April 24 - Toronto (Home)

I personally thought SJ was very poor yesterday. The offense was amazing and it sounds insane after scoring 5 goals but we gotta put more of those chances away. After scoring 5 unanswered there's no way the end should have been as stressful as it was. SJ better wake the fuck up and our defense can't be that bad. That Bradley goal on the fk was embarrassing.

I personally thought SJ was very poor yesterday. The offense was amazing and it sounds insane after scoring 5 goals but we gotta put more of those chances away. After scoring 5 unanswered there's no way the end should have been as stressful as it was. SJ better wake the fuck up and our defense can't be that bad. That Bradley goal on the fk was embarrassing.

bradley goal was 100% gloster losing the physical battle and then just letting him go. pretty pathetic.

reaction saves on a free and clear header like that are few and far between. i didn't think johnson was great either. definitely not his best game. but he started out the same last year too and came up HUGE in the playoffs and the final. so he gets a pass from me. especially since we aren't playing with a consistent or best backline.

bradley goal was 100% gloster losing the physical battle and then just letting him go. pretty pathetic.

reaction saves on a free and clear header like that are few and far between. i didn't think johnson was great either. definitely not his best game. but he started out the same last year too and came up HUGE in the playoffs and the final. so he gets a pass from me. especially since we aren't playing with a consistent or best backline.
Also we had four guys on the wall in case of Pozuelo going for a shot instead of a cross. Down a man that's three less people (imagine at least two on the wall) marking in the box.

I guess I would add that none of the Toronto goals from yesterday were as easily saved as those few ones from the first half of last season when SeanJohn was really struggling. Barring additional evidence, I don't see the situations as all that similar.

Reactions: FootyLovin
south american stare and Parks with the family

ooxt76xq5c4g0wzlzh5t.jpg

Hell of a match of the boys. We go to games to be entertained, and hell, I'd say I was definitely entertained.

Looks like, offensively, we have started to find a groove between Talles, Taty, Santi, and Thiago. Love to see it but then I get sad as it is going to suck when Taty leaves this summer. Hope we have someone lined up to take over as striker. Love Heber, but not sure if he has the starting fitness/confidence in him after his injury. Hope Heber's okay with his head injury at the end there too, weird that he was subbed off being that he just came on. I assume he was bleeding or got a decent knock?

Shout out to the pizza rice balls from Arancino's, highly recommended.

Even though Citi Field is a further trip from me in Westchester, it is a much better experience vs. Yankee Stadium. Sightlines from 104/105 were okay, but the food and beer options, ease of parking, ability to tailgate, and spacious corridors make it a better gameday environment for me. Was a bit windy in the corner though, wasn't a fan of that. Cold ass breeze through 104/105.

Hell of a match of the boys. We go to games to be entertained, and hell, I'd say I was definitely entertained.

Looks like, offensively, we have started to find a groove between Talles, Taty, Santi, and Thiago. Love to see it but then I get sad as it is going to suck when Taty leaves this summer. Hope we have someone lined up to take over as striker. Love Heber, but not sure if he has the starting fitness/confidence in him after his injury. Hope Heber's okay with his head injury at the end there too, weird that he was subbed off being that he just came on. I assume he was bleeding or got a decent knock?

Shout out to the pizza rice balls from Arancino's, highly recommended.

Even though Citi Field is a further trip from me in Westchester, it is a much better experience vs. Yankee Stadium. Sightlines from 104/105 were okay, but the food and beer options, ease of parking, ability to tailgate, and spacious corridors make it a better gameday environment for me. Was a bit windy in the corner though, wasn't a fan of that. Cold ass breeze through 104/105.

My bet is that Talles is the replacement at striker with Santi moving to LW and Pereira at RW. Thiago backing up both wings and slotting in when Sanit has to cover the middle for Maxi.

Chris Gloster should never see the field again.
Chris was supposed to come into the game vs. RSL until Thiago Martins was injured and Vuk had to be subbed in. I'd like to see him in a 11 v 11 match.

Gloster needs more time with the II squad... a lot more time. He is just LOST on the field for the 1st team. he's OK going forward and seems to deliver a decent cross now and then, but his defensive awareness, positioning, and physicality are just not up to playing 1st team games. He can make up for the physicality with better awareness and positioning, but the way he just let bradley rush through him without much of a fight is discouraging. As Ronny always harps - this team succeeds when everyone does their job and does it to the best of their ability. Gloster failed at his defensive job twice and twice it turned into TFC goals.

I think he can improve, but it's entirely on him. And the fact that he seems to me like he's not super fit doesn't seem like he has it in him to improve much. Hope he can prove me wrong.

def can hear the subway horn in the BTS video! thankfully they didn't stop doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
He arguably might be having the best season out of our attackers and he only has one goal.

Per fbref, he's second on the team in npxG+xA with 3.3. Taty leads at 4.0.
My bet is that Talles is the replacement at striker with Santi moving to LW and Pereira at RW. Thiago backing up both wings and slotting in when Sanit has to cover the middle for Maxi.
I'm not arguing, but I want to jump in with a word for Thiago Andrade. It seems like he has unlocked another level in the last few games. Taking the npxG+xA measurement Soup referenced on a per-90 basis, he is all but tied with Taty (0.95 and 0.94). Talles is 0.70. If you prefer actual to expected, then for non penalty G+A per 90 he leads the team with 1.34. Skipping over the very low minute Pereira and Heber, you get next in order Santi, Talles and Taty at 0.75, 0.71 and 0.61 respectively (excluding PKs really affects Taty).

It's super early, and Andrade has lowish minutes for someone who has played regularly. But he's has been flying everywhere since the second half against Seattle and getting results. I also probably think that Talles's game vision and general skill set seems deeper and stronger. But Andrade is coming on strong.

I'm not arguing, but I want to jump in with a word for Thiago Andrade. It seems like he has unlocked another level in the last few games. Taking the npxG+xA measurement Soup referenced on a per-90 basis, he is all but tied with Taty (0.95 and 0.94). Talles is 0.70. If you prefer actual to expected, then for non penalty G+A per 90 he leads the team with 1.34. Skipping over the very low minute Pereira and Heber, you get next in order Santi, Talles and Taty at 0.75, 0.71 and 0.61 respectively (excluding PKs really affects Taty).

It's super early, and Andrade has lowish minutes for someone who has played regularly. But he's has been flying everywhere since the second half against Seattle and getting results. I also probably think that Talles's game vision and general skill set seems deeper and stronger. But Andrade is coming on strong.

Thiago was asked about this in some interview (not sure which) and he said he feels more comfortable playing out wide paired with taty and talles. Not sure what he meant by that cause I always figured him to be playing wide anyway, but whatever the reason, he said he feels like he has more freedom to play and it feels better.

he's definitely stepped up his performances lately and it's been a joy to see our front 3/4 go at defenses.

Thiago was asked about this in some interview (not sure which) and he said he feels more comfortable playing out wide paired with taty and talles. Not sure what he meant by that cause I always figured him to be playing wide anyway, but whatever the reason, he said he feels like he has more freedom to play and it feels better.

he's definitely stepped up his performances lately and it's been a joy to see our front 3/4 go at defenses.
My guess would be he was asked to cut in centrally or try to fill in some space in the middle, but now with the way the lineup is he's able to fill space out wide more than centrally?

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo