MLS Cup Playoffs - November 21 - Atlanta (Home)

Looks like tickets are on sale Wednesday at 10AM!
View attachment 11544

I'm afraid to think about what pricing they're going to attempt.... If they want a full and packed stadium, they should keep it relatively lower. This game is set up perfectly for a huge crowd. Playoff game against Atlanta, another big team in the league, on a Sunday afternoon, not evening.
Maybe I didn't receive the email yet. but I still can't believe the team has charged people for the playoff game, but still hasn't sent out an email about the pricing. Maybe I misheard Matt Goodman, but I thought he said the team would do a better job communicating with its fans. Charing fans and still 24 hours later not telling them is just so NYCFC management. I still don't understand how NYCFC Management thinks a regular season HRD is more valuable than a playoff game.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ticket balance dropped, bonus credit gone, also have a paid invoice for playoff tickets, no tickets listed under my events.

Payment date is 11/13 so maybe they'll show up then. Not particularly happy.

Copy and pasted email from the club re: tickets:

City Members,

I’m proud to say that, for the sixth consecutive time, NYCFC is on its way to the Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs! We’ll kickoff our playoff campaign at Yankee Stadium as the #4 seed against Atlanta United on Sunday, November 21 at 3:00 pm ET. We are so excited to have the opportunity to play this knockout match back in the Bronx, in front of the greatest fans in MLS! Thank you again for your dedication and passionate support of the team this season.

We are reaching out to share key ticket info for City Members around our 2021 playoff campaign.

Playoff Pricing – As in years past, we will be implementing our pay-as-we-play system where you will be charged for playoff matches, as we advance.
  • For the match on November 21, the price of your 1 seats is **. Though this is a hugely exciting game for the Club, we have decided to treat this game as Tier 2 pricing to ensure City Members have the best value.
  • You will have the opportunity to opt out of your playoff strip and by doing so are forfeiting your seats for all NYCFC 2021 playoff home matches. You will have until November 12 at 4:00pm ET to exercise this opt-out option and will not be charged for any playoff home matches.
  • If you would like to opt-out of your playoff strip, click here.
  • If you choose to opt-out, you will still have the opportunity to purchase individual game tickets to any 2021 home playoff match.
If you do not wish to opt-out, you will have your seats to all Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoff matches that NYCFC hosts.
  • As stated above, your first-round tickets will be $42 and will be charged on November 13 at 6:00am ET.
  • Payments will be processed using any remaining credit on your account before debiting your card on file. Please note bonus credit issued during the 2020 rollover period will not be eligible to be used on playoff tickets.
Bonus Tickets/Home Field Advantage – We all know we have a real home field advantage and outstanding record at Yankee Stadium... 49 wins, 15 draws (including Sunday) and only 6 losses over the past 6 years to be exact! Over those 6 years, we have a goal differential over 100+ at Yankee Stadium -- including a 25-4 goal differentiation this season alone! We want to encourage ALL City Members to bring out family and friends – anyone who will be loud – to help amplify even further our incredible fan atmosphere and continue to protect our house!

As a sign of appreciation to our Members that make Yankee Stadium the toughest place to play for opponents in the MLS....here’s what we are going to do for you!
  • For every Member that does not opt out of their playoff strip, we are going to match the same number of tickets that you currently have on your playoff strip for the round 1 matchup on November 21*.
    - If you have 2 City Membership seats that are opted-in to the playoff strip, you will receive an additional 2 tickets for our Round 1 match on November 21st
*Please note that if you opt out of your playoff strip you will not be eligible to receive bonus tickets. All bonus tickets will be located in the most comparable seating location possible, pending availability. All premium ticket locations will be located in our Delta Sky360 Club. Bonus tickets will not be eligible for resale or return and are not eligible to be relocated. All tickets, including bonus tickets, will be available to be managed through your Account Manager on Saturday at 10:00 AM.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

City Members,

I’m proud to say that, for the sixth consecutive time, NYCFC is on its way to the Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs! We’ll kickoff our playoff campaign at Yankee Stadium as the #4 seed against Atlanta United on Sunday, November 21 at 3:00 pm ET. We are so excited to have the opportunity to play this knockout match back in the Bronx, in front of the greatest fans in MLS! Thank you again for your dedication and passionate support of the team this season.

We are reaching out to share key ticket info for City Members around our 2021 playoff campaign.

Playoff Pricing – As in years past, we will be implementing our pay-as-we-play system where you will be charged for playoff matches, as we advance.
  • For the match on November 21, the price of your 1 seats is **. Though this is a hugely exciting game for the Club, we have decided to treat this game as Tier 2 pricing to ensure City Members have the best value.
  • You will have the opportunity to opt out of your playoff strip and by doing so are forfeiting your seats for all NYCFC 2021 playoff home matches. You will have until November 12 at 4:00pm ET to exercise this opt-out option and will not be charged for any playoff home matches.
  • If you choose to opt-out, you will still have the opportunity to purchase individual game tickets to any 2021 home playoff match.
If you do not wish to opt-out, you will have your seats to all Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoff matches that NYCFC hosts.
  • As stated above, your first-round tickets will be $42 and will be charged on November 13 at 6:00am ET.
  • Payments will be processed using any remaining credit on your account before debiting your card on file. Please note bonus credit issued during the 2020 rollover period will not be eligible to be used on playoff tickets.
Bonus Tickets/Home Field Advantage – We all know we have a real home field advantage and outstanding record at Yankee Stadium... 49 wins, 15 draws (including Sunday) and only 6 losses over the past 6 years to be exact! Over those 6 years, we have a goal differential over 100+ at Yankee Stadium -- including a 25-4 goal differentiation this season alone! We want to encourage ALL City Members to bring out family and friends – anyone who will be loud – to help amplify even further our incredible fan atmosphere and continue to protect our house!

As a sign of appreciation to our Members that make Yankee Stadium the toughest place to play for opponents in the MLS....here’s what we are going to do for you!
  • For every Member that does not opt out of their playoff strip, we are going to match the same number of tickets that you currently have on your playoff strip for the round 1 matchup on November 21*.
    - If you have 2 City Membership seats that are opted-in to the playoff strip, you will receive an additional 2 tickets for our Round 1 match on November 21st
*Please note that if you opt out of your playoff strip you will not be eligible to receive bonus tickets. All bonus tickets will be located in the most comparable seating location possible, pending availability. All premium ticket locations will be located in our Delta Sky360 Club. Bonus tickets will not be eligible for resale or return and are not eligible to be relocated. All tickets, including bonus tickets, will be available to be managed through your Account Manager on Saturday at 10:00 AM.
Yup, just got this email too. Which means I now have *three* extra tickets instead of just one! If anyone needs a face-value ticket in the 200s let me know.

Just got an email, looks like for everyone who is not opting out of their City Member playoff strips, they’re getting bonus tickets for Sunday’s match, in a comparable location to our usual seats. So since I have 2 tickets on my account, I’ll have 4 tickets to Sunday’s match. Pretty cool.

Looks like they’ve already added the bonus seats to our account. Also tickets will be available to manage starting Saturday.

817A8304-DB09-4CCC-85A6-F403C0CF73CB.jpeg

Last edited:

City Members,

im assuming they not expecting many sales? thats potentially alot of extra tickets given away.

Jumping back in to note that I got an email tailored to non-STH but multi-game plan holders (or whatever the hell I'm called) I'm being given early access to buy, apparently as of right now. But when I click the link to my account, there are no events to purchase. Meanwhile, I'm checking with my family to find out how many tickets I need.

If you check your City Member account add on section, you can buy add on tickets to Sunday’s match right now.

Just got an email, looks like for everyone who is not opting out of their City Member playoff strips, they’re getting bonus tickets for Sunday’s match, in a comparable location to our usual seats. So since I have 2 tickets on my account, I’ll have 4 tickets to Sunday’s match. Pretty cool.

Looks like they’ve already added the bonus seats to our account. Also tickets will be available to manage starting Saturday.

View attachment 11547
I love that! Let's get a rocking house!

They gave me 2 seats in the Delta Suite even though my tickets are in Champions. So I can give 2 tickets away, but I can’t sit with those people, even though the Champions seats are 80% empty every game.
They literally get everything wrong!

Looking for: Potentially up to 4 tickets for playoff game. lol

(If anyone has extra and can't find anyone, i'll gladly take them. But if you have people to bring, please bring them instead. I am happy to purchase my own tickets so others can have a free opportunity to come to a game!)

Reactions: Victors87
Looks how somehow we are going into this game as underdogs.
View attachment 11539

I'm fin with that. Let them salivate all over Atlanta.
Yeah. This pundit has us losing 2-1.

Yeah. This pundit has us losing 2-1.
While this guy has us losing, ETR and Doyle think we have an edge over an Atlanta side that has won only 1 game against another playoff team out of either 14 or 17 tries. Their back line is skiddish so we just have to go at it hard!

They gave me 2 seats in the Delta Suite even though my tickets are in Champions. So I can give 2 tickets away, but I can’t sit with those people, even though the Champions seats are 80% empty every game.
They literally get everything wrong!
Yeah they gave me the same section but 8 rows behind lol. I get the sentiment but it is a bit awkward.

This is a good deal.

Do note the fine print, however. You will not be able to "sell" these tickets. I assume transferring for free through the app is okay, but worth checking.
This is correct, I talked to my rep about it. Transfer is fine, won’t be able to sell.

Based on the news to Keaton Parks and the suspension of Zelalem, I think we'll see this lineup (please let Medina be on the bench)

-------Santi---Taty---Thiago---
---------------Maxi--------------
--------Alfredo--Sands---------
-Malte-Chanot-Callens-Gray-
------------Johnson------------