MLS - September 24 - Toronto (RBA)

I wonder if there's a power outage or something at Red Bull Arena. This can't be for the weather -- tonight is going to be better than tomorrow afternoon.

It's raining tonight and tomorrow.

I'd much rather the match be tonight. Getting back after a 1 PM match is cutting is close to Yom Kippur because the Sunday PATH schedule is terrible.

I am sure options were limited, but I cannot believe rescheduling during an NFL window on Sunday is ideal for attendance. Not to mention right before Yom Kippur.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
I am sure options were limited, but I cannot believe rescheduling during an NFL window on Sunday is ideal for attendance. Not to mention right before Yom Kippur.

This probably just happened a really short time ago. I doubt they had time to really consider things. This had to be done very quickly in hopes of making sure fans were aware before they started their trips.

By the way, I feel really bad for the organization here. More weird stuff happens to this team from a business side ...

They hate playing at RBA. They know we hate when they play at RBA. They have only one league game scheduled there this season after Decision Day gets moved back to Citi Field.

Now that one game has dreadful weather all weekend, and a water main breaks outside Red Bull Arena, forcing a postponement.

Now the fans are even more annoyed with the RBA situation, this draws more attention to it, and they are forced to postpone a game on only 3 hours notice when fans are close to beginning their trips to the stadium. What a brutal situation for them. There will absolutely, undoubtedly be people who show up to the stadium tonight wondering where everyone is.

MLS could have done a better job working with the team to find 17 dates at Yankee/Citi Field, but instead they were forced into RBA games, and now this happens.

By the way, I feel really bad for the organization here. More weird stuff happens to this team from a business side ...

They hate playing at RBA. They know we hate when they play at RBA. They have only one league game scheduled there this season after Decision Day gets moved back to Citi Field.

Now that one game has dreadful weather all weekend, and a water main breaks outside Red Bull Arena, forcing a postponement.

Now the fans are even more annoyed with the RBA situation, this draws more attention to it, and they are forced to postpone a game on only 3 hours notice when fans are close to beginning their trips to the stadium. What a brutal situation for them. There will absolutely, undoubtedly be people who show up to the stadium tonight wondering where everyone is.

MLS could have done a better job working with the team to find 17 dates at Yankee/Citi Field, but instead they were forced into RBA games, and now this happens.
Yeah, fuck MLS and Harrison Water & Sewer Department

You'd be shocked to see what the broadcast booths look like there. There are wooden planks on parts of the floor. Sitting in your seat, it's a great stadium. But it really is a shithole. You'd think no one has played there for years.
At least RFK had raccoons to give it some charm while RBA is just a shithole.

I'm looking at the bright side: come 1 p.m. tomorrow, we'll have the results from D.C., Montréal, Charlotte and Chicago. If things break our way (which would be a miracle, I know, given the way this season has gone, but bear with me) we leapfrog D.C. United and draw level with Montréal on points.

Our friends from over the border have the tiebreaker advantage on wins, though; to get past them we need to win more games, and they have one in hand.

But first things first. We need these three points.

Last edited:
i worry a bit about the mentality. this is an important game for an important 3 points. the boys have been focused mentally on preparing for this and now they have to cool back down and then get hyped again. that's not easy to do sometimes... TFC on the other hand, has none of that pressure nor stress. this could potentially make things interesting...

Last edited: