MLS - September 24 - Toronto (RBA)

i worry a bit about the mentality. this is an important game for an important 3 points. the boys have been focused mentally on preparing for this and now they have to cool back down and then get hyped again. that's not easy to do sometimes... TFC on the other hand, has none of that pressure or stress. this could potentially make things interesting...
This may make it a trap game, you think? It's entirely possible. Some pundits think it's a trap game going in.

To me, that just means it's a great test. I loved what we showed against Orlando. Time to prove that's who we really are, and not the Sideways Squad we've been for most of the year.

Reactions: moogoo
Just returned from a round trip to Harrison, NJ. Traffic was surprisingly light tonight....
I picked the wrong week to start unpluging from social media on weekends. Received "Tune In" emails from the club at 10am and 3:15 and as a STH, am genuinely curious whether they sent an email about the postponement. I didn't get one.

Just returned from a round trip to Harrison, NJ. Traffic was surprisingly light tonight....
I picked the wrong week to start unpluging from social media on weekends. Received "Tune In" emails from the club at 10am and 3:15 and as a STH, am genuinely curious whether they sent an email about the postponement. I didn't get one.
Didn’t get an email either. Crazy!

Didn’t get an email either. Crazy!
The fact they didn't send out an email immediately is crazy.

I did see the tickets saved on my iPhone change but that was around 7-8 PM, well past when one would be at the stadium.

B bjb Email the club about the roundtrip to Harrison, NJ and tell them you want any bridges/tunnel tolls reimbursed.

The fact they didn't send out an email immediately is crazy.

I did see the tickets saved on my iPhone change but that was around 7-8 PM, well past when one would be at the stadium.

B bjb Email the club about the roundtrip to Harrison, NJ and tell them you want any bridges/tunnel tolls reimbursed.
I can't be the only one who made the trip in that case.

Wasn't totally for naught- had dinner at Razza on the way, I'll add that to my tab when I email my rep tomorrow

And good point about the tickets, I downloaded them from the Ticketmaster app when we finished eating around 6:30- gametime still said Sat 7:30 so I drove out to RBA as planned

Can anyone recall any non-competition delay based postponement (i.e. moving an MLS game for extra rest before a CCL match) in our history?

He was trolling us.

I don't know what the fuck to say about this anymore - like it's not possible for someone to play at both positions.

Even if you think that Magno is best at striker, you can still start him on the wing and then move him inside when Bakrar is subbed off. Lots of players do this. Heck, even David Villa started quite a few games for us on the wing.

It's not just that his answer is wrong about Magno's best position. It's just illogical all by itself.

Reactions: Revfugee
Didn’t another game at RBA get moved because it was so wet the field was unplayable? I think 2021.
Yep, I believe RB wanted to play in the slop and NYCFC was like “no way”. The game was moved because the pitch was unplayable.

A far cry from the days Henry was here and RBA had grow lights to make sure the surface was pristine.

Reactions: mgarbowski
This is exactly as it should have been.

Could change a lot of narratives the way our late 2021 run did.

Of course we have to take into consideration how freaking dire TFC is. But the boys stepped up, never let up, and all three goals were well taken.

That Julian goal showed everything our scouting team sees and hopes for. Wasn’t an exact copy of the Thiago Andrade goal against DC at RBA but it rhymes. Hopefully it won’t be his only major highlight. If he keeps it up he gets sold up within 2 windows.

I think it’s time to start giving Jasson full credit as a solid chess piece.

And Talles is actually a midfielder. Who knew?

Also mega credit for the clean sheet. Birk and Thiago seems to be figuring it out weekly.

Finally, Tayvon had a great match.

There was only one acceptable result out of this game, and we got it. Good on the boys for doing the deed in a high-pressure game like this. Toronto is dreadful and this one had to be three points.

We probably only need two wins out of our last 3 games against a likely Messi-less Miami, at DC, and home for Chicago. Definitely starting to feel like we're getting momentum and will get over the line, but it will almost certainly be a white-knuckle experience on Decision Day.

There was only one acceptable result out of this game, and we got it. Good on the boys for doing the deed in a high-pressure game like this. Toronto is dreadful and this one had to be three points.

We probably only need two wins out of our last 3 games against a likely Messi-less Miami, at DC, and home for Chicago. Definitely starting to feel like we're getting momentum and will get over the line, but it will almost certainly be a white-knuckle experience on Decision Day.
Given our poor tiebreaker status, I am not sure 6 points does it. It helps that our fellow travelers are all playing poorly, but it hurts that we all mostly play each other. Somebody has to bank some points in those games. Root for ties.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
This was the exact kind of game psychologically fragile teams lose -- a wounded opponent easy to take lightly, a rescheduled game at an unusual time in an uncomfortable venue in front of a sparse crowd in bad weather, high stakes in the standings and a reshuffled lineup.

But we came out on the front foot and got the job done in an efficient, professional manner. A very healthy sign, especially since we must win two of the remaining three, and probably all three if we truly want to get safely over the line. Only a mentally tough team can do that under normal circumstances; given the season we've had -- all those draws! -- it's heartening to see the squad is fully ready to compete.

Let's effin' GO. 💪