Mls Week 2 Matchday Thread

Was that "red card" worthy. The defender looks as if he fully gets the ball before contact is made with the opponent (i.e., the defender did not have to drive through the opponent to get the ball).
Nah, not worthy at all.

But its the fact that he was the last defender so if its a foul, it should be a red. Some refs will ignore that and give a yellow but not this ref.

And some refs don't care if you got the ball or not, if its dangerous, its a foul. I don't think it was a foul, so it was a terrible call in my mind.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Guys, if we don't win tomorrow....

Orlando will be alone at the top of the Eastern conference for the week lol

Columbus is really good, and TFC suffered the previously mentioned garbage red. Basically, shit happens. And in MLS regular season, shit happens a lot.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
My impression is that for the first two weeks of this MLS season, more goals are being scored by defensive mistakes as opposed to being earned by offensive prowess (e.g., I'm not saying what a great play by that forward or midfielder but rather, what was that defender / backline etc. thinking). I know this is subjective, but the season feels much more skewed to gaffes and miscues than usual.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Evans gave away a terrible goal after whiffing on a header. Wondo sinks it in the back of the net.

Really sketchy penalty given to RSL for the equalizer at 3-3.

Last edited:
Had to step away with the GF but it looks like last night got REALLY crazy.

Philly should have won @ RSL?
10 men Sj beats Seattle at Seattle?
Dallas destroys Skc
And Columbus rips Toronto a new one.

Good stuff. Only predictable by how unpredictable it all is.

There's a fair amount of parity in the league. Any team making a costly mistake can fall behind and then lose because the other team holds on and doesn't make that mistake. There's an element of luck too but mental focus and preparation are critical.