MLS Week 22 - 2018

Twellman’s “Brad@ rant was mildly entertaining. I liked that they gave it a shot.

It’s not popular, and I don’t think he’s a great analyst, but I just kind of like Taylor. Which is probably a big factor in explaining why Taylor is where he is.

Hell, when you consider who is named Taylor, might explain why all of them are where they are.

It's funny. They showed a clip of that rant on SportsCenter and the anchor said, "Oh Taylor, he should have his own show."

DO THEY NOT KNOW ABOUT MLS REWIND?

Reactions: Shwafta
No matter how bad you think Orlando is, that last prediction is extreme. The math is terrible even if Orlando doesn't get one more point in its last 13 games. San Jose has been sub-dismal.
I think you said the same thing to me early in the season when I was first to say Toronto was missing the playoffs.

I think you said the same thing to me early in the season when I was first to say Toronto was missing the playoffs.
I remember I disagreed, and it's looking like I'm almost certainly wrong. But I doubt I said it was hard to make the math work. It's always easier to make the math work when you predict a team does poorly. OTOH, asking a team with 2 wins in 20 games to overcome a 10 point deficit in 14 games is hard math.
And back on the other hand, the reason I acknowledge now that Toronto probably doesn't make it is the math is now hard for them to do so.

I remember I disagreed, and it's looking like I'm almost certainly wrong. But I doubt I said it was hard to make the math work. It's always easier to make the math work when you predict a team does poorly. OTOH, asking a team with 2 wins in 20 games to overcome a 10 point deficit in 14 games is hard math.
And back on the other hand, the reason I acknowledge now that Toronto probably doesn't make it is the math is now hard for them to do so.
You may be right and I’m now wrong, but you’re also fast to dismis. Odds and probability are always right until they’re not, and statistics say that they’re not a very real percentage of the time.

Edit: i also expect SJ to make some moves this transfer window whereas Orlando pretty much is tapped out with the ability to do anything thanks to Kreis & Co.’s brilliant transfers over the offseason that bankrupted their coffers.

Last edited:
You may be right and I’m now wrong, but you’re also fast to dismis. Odds and probability are always right until they’re not, and statistics say that they’re not a very real percentage of the time.

Edit: i also expect SJ to make some moves this transfer window whereas Orlando pretty much is tapped out with the ability to do anything thanks to Kreis & Co.’s brilliant transfers over the offseason that bankrupted their coffers.

Kreis the destroyer of clubs. Bless the rains we cut ties with him when we did before being dragged into the abyss.

Kreis the destroyer of clubs. Bless the rains we cut ties with him when we did before being dragged into the abyss.
We were in the abyss. It took multiple years to revamp the roster he created.... and there’s only one more pawn that needs to be dispatched before we can say his evildoing has been eradicated.

Reactions: Shwafta and adam
LAFC have no impressive wins. Their record is solid, but the best they have done against quality teams or in derby games is to draw. If you want to count the USOC win against Portland, that was mostly their starting unit against a heavily rotated Timber team. LAFC saved their squad rotation for Minnesota the following weekend and were blown out.
They go to Harrison next, and host SKC after that. Would love to see them get a result against the Red Bulls but I'm not counting on it.
They also lost Mark Anthony Kaye for a while as he has to has ankle surgery

Reactions: mgarbowski
What’s with the RB lineup? Injuries? Failed fitness tests? Surely they aren’t so confident of their play vs Columbus that they’re trotting out a B-squad????

Not sure why Melia came off his line there for FCD's second. Too much risk there and nobody there to support Barrios who was too wide to really be dangerous if Melia was still in net.

Reactions: Gotham Gator