Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Jul 16, 2014
The only games that concern us this week are:

Saturday 7:30: Revoltings v Houston

Sunday 5 pm : Orlando @ Seattle

and peripherally:
Sunday 7pm: Philly v Chicago (we would like a tie)

Need Houston to steal one in Boston, and Seattle should take care of business at home vs Orlando. We have a game in hand on both these teams.

Reactions: Sabo
The only games that concern us this week are:

Saturday 7:30: Revoltings v Houston

Sunday 5 pm : Orlando @ Seattle

and peripherally:
Sunday 7pm: Philly v Chicago (we would like a tie)

Need Houston to steal one in Boston, and Seattle should take care of business at home vs Orlando. We have a game in hand on both these teams.

I don't know about Seattle, they've been pretty shit of late.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Also what happened to the disciplinary report for this week. It hasn't been updated on MLSsoccer.com since August 6th. There's a game today Don Garber, you need to update this.

MLS: where a team (Montreal) that has played five fewer games than another (DC United) gets a bye week. I really wish they'd fix the schedules so there is only, at most, a one or two game difference between the teams. I know Montreal had to move some matches because of the CONCACAF Champions League, but the BPL manages to keep teams within a game or two despite having their own Champions League, the Europa League, plus two domestic cups.

Also, scheduling is one of the reasons I'm not sure Montreal is a playoff team. They're going to have a lot of games down the stretch where they'll either have to play backups or overworked starters.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
MTL isn't playing this weekend? They played the voyagers cup (canadian USOC equivalent) against the whitecaps Wednesday night.

My father really wants to see Red Bull Arena, so I'm sucking it up and seeing Red Bulls vs. Toronto with him. I'll be rooting for an uneventful 0-0 tie. Or for Seba G to just to fuck over the Red Bulls.

NYRB getting ready to host Toronto over on the MSG network. Should be a good game to watch.

Actually, there are a few good matches tonight. After the Red Balls:
  • Vancouver visits SKC
  • Galaxy at FC Dallas
  • Portland at Real Salt Lake
Wifey & daughter are out of the house until tomorrow, so it looks like I have an enjoyable evening ahead. ;)

5 minutes into the NYRB match and Giovinco is a frakin monster, another half empty RB Arena where they'll announce a crowd of 20,000 and Shep Messing is a bitter scumbag. Wonder who it was from NYCFCwho pissed in Shep's cornflakes?

Veron seals it with a goal at 90'+3. 3-0 final.

Very entertaining match. Comments that are going to be made over on mlssoccer.com by Toronto fans are going to be just as entertaining.

Severe thunder & lightning storms on and off all night up there.
Now I understand the lights went out.

Just give the MLS Cup to SKC. Seriously? Down 3-1 to Vancouver and they win the game in the 90+3' with 4 minutes of stoppage time.

NE win 2-0 after a 3 hour rain delay
Shit. Or double-shit, o guess. I kept trying to Watch on MLS Live, but it wouldn't come back after weather delay.

More and more likely that 45 will be the minimum points for us to sniff a spot. On a positive note, I do think if we get there, somehow, some way, we will slip in. I just can't qualify or quantify the feeling.