Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Maxi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ring

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Pirlo

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
I am amazed by the missed hand ball (1st half) in the box that Geiger didn't call. The ball was redirected downward at an angle someone's chest couldn't do.

I though Wallace looked gassed around 70-75. Harrison looked like he still had something in the tank. Lewis should have come on the left side. Would have like to see a sub in the midfield. Need to work on tapping the ball into the net. We should have won this game like 3-0 at least.

Felt bad for Chanot. He got hit like a dozen times which result in zero cards.

For the most part, I though the defense looked great. The fact that we have only let up 2 goals in 3 games with Pirlo as the 6 leads me to the conclusion that.

In terms of Harrison as an attacker, I thought this was one of the best games he has ever play. He owned the right side even with the immediate double team. It just sucks we weren't able to really capitalize on it enough to get 3 points.

I though Wallace looked gassed around 70-75. Harrison looked like he still had something in the tank. Lewis should have come on the left side. Would have like to see a sub in the midfield. Need to work on tapping the ball into the net. We should have won this game like 3-0 at least.

Felt bad for Chanot. He got hit like a dozen times which result in zero cards.

For the most part, I though the defense looked great. The fact that we have only let up 2 goals in 3 games with Pirlo as the 6 leads me to the conclusion that.

In terms of Harrison as an attacker, I thought this was one of the best games he has ever play. He owned the right side even with the immediate double team. It just sucks we weren't able to really capitalize on it enough to get 3 points.
Agree on Harrison. He was great and there was one overlap by White that was perfectly dished off and white crushed a perfect cross. Don't think RJ would have kept it on the field.

The ref really needs to protect Chanot. He's a huge dude and can play physically, but being kicked in the Achilles is a foul every time, and it was obvious their players didn't like getting schooled by a CB on the ball.

Agree on Harrison. He was great and there was one overlap by White that was perfectly dished off and white crushed a perfect cross. Don't think RJ would have kept it on the field.

The ref really needs to protect Chanot. He's a huge dude and can play physically, but being kicked in the Achilles is a foul every time, and it was obvious their players didn't like getting schooled by a CB on the ball.
Yeah I got to eat crow about White. He was even better today than last week. I don't know if he is the long term solution at RB but if he continues like this we can at least call him serviceable. Looked better than any time Jason Hernandez played RB.

Last edited:
Yeah I got to eat crow about White. He was even better today than last week. I don't know if he is the long term solution at RB but if he continues like this he can at least call him serviceable. Looked better than any time Jason Hernandez played RB.
Thought the same exact thing during the game. And he offers height on set pieces. And he may be faster than Hernandez too. His overlaps looked legit.

Yeah I got to eat crow about White. He was even better today than last week. I don't know if he is the long term solution at RB but if he continues like this he can at least call him serviceable. Looked better than any time Jason Hernandez played RB.
Thought the exact same thing. The photographer played really well today. I was terrified of the thought of him marking Piatti... but outside of the chance at the end of the first half Piatti wasn't a huge part of the game.

I also don't agree with the Maxi hate... Not talking about his miss that was atrocious and inexcusable. But he is the trigger to our offense going forward. He is everything that Pirlo is not. Makes dangerous passes and breaks up the press.

President's Suite Report:
It's a great deal, especially since I only put in 1-2 entries every game that they offer it so it cost me very little.
But, it's clearly not the Real President's Suite. it's maybe his second suite. It's a basic 16 person suite, and everyone there was a guest of somebody or an employee given a perk or an employee sort-of working. There were a couple of families, someone who was a friend of an employee visiting from Indiana, a club employee who transferred from Manchester 2 weeks ago, etc. It's pretty obviously not where Patricoff hosts real VIP guests.
Which is not to be dismissive of it. It seemed like 17 club employees came and introduced themselves to me and my wife and a few of them said "oh, you're the Cityzen's winner." They all made it clear we could call on them for anything during the afternoon. Plus there was a hospitality/Legends employee who kept all the food in order and refreshed supplies, etc. And it was damn nice to be indoors. There were 2 rows of seats just outside the suite available, but with the weather most everyone stayed inside except some kids who went out because they're kids.
I never spoke to Patricof, and I'm pretty sure someone screwed up. He did come by before the game. I got there one hour early, at 1pm because I knew I would get at most a few minutes with him and I wanted to give him every opportunity at his convenience. It turned out we were the first people there. Anyway, he came by some time between 1:30 and 1:45 and went up to this one family who he seemed to know. He spoke to them for 3-5 minutes, and I figured he was going to do a circuit of the room, and by this time at least 2 employees had identified me as the sweepstakes winner. So I turned to be ready for him to approach us when he finished with that family, and he said goodbye to them and walked straight out the door. I never saw him again until we left and were on the same elevator with him.

President's Suite Report:
It's a great deal, especially since I only put in 1-2 entries every game that they offer it so it cost me very little.
But, it's clearly not the Real President's Suite. it's maybe his second suite. It's a basic 16 person suite, and everyone there was a guest of somebody or an employee given a perk or an employee sort-of working. There were a couple of families, someone who was a friend of an employee visiting from Indiana, a club employee who transferred from Manchester 2 weeks ago, etc. It's pretty obviously not where Patricoff hosts real VIP guests.
Which is not to be dismissive of it. It seemed like 17 club employees came and introduced themselves to me and my wife and a few of them said "oh, you're the Cityzen's winner." They all made it clear we could call on them for anything during the afternoon. Plus there was a hospitality/Legends employee who kept all the food in order and refreshed supplies, etc. And it was damn nice to be indoors. There were 2 rows of seats just outside the suite available, but with the weather most everyone stayed inside except some kids who went out because they're kids.
I never spoke to Patricof, and I'm pretty sure someone screwed up. He did come by before the game. I got there one hour early, at 1pm because I knew I would get at most a few minutes with him and I wanted to give him every opportunity at his convenience. It turned out we were the first people there. Anyway, he came by some time between 1:30 and 1:45 and went up to this one family who he seemed to know. He spoke to them for 3-5 minutes, and I figured he was going to do a circuit of the room, and by this time at least 2 employees had identified me as the sweepstakes winner. So I turned to be ready for him to approach us when he finished with that family, and he said goodbye to them and walked straight out the door. I never saw him again until we left and were on the same elevator with him.
That's pretty shitty that the president didn't mingle in the president's suite for even 15min.

What kind of food did they provide?

Was the view ok, or were you too far away?

Were you able to get any info out of the concierge staff working the room? Surely there had to be some folks of reasonably high stature/position?

Nothing to add except:
  • Pirlo didn't have his best game but is still probably our best option there IMO. Cognitive bias will always mean we remember the missed tackles or the set pieces or the decision to pass instead of shoot, but I still don't think anybody else makes the midfield tick as well. Or helps our defense keep possession. Also, the decision to play Maxi through instead of shooting was a couple feet away from being absolutely brilliant.
  • Crowd was piss-poor. I was embarrassed. Football as entertainment product all over again. Dear NYC, you may not always get what you put in, but you never get more.
  • ETA: watching Callens ghost past Oduro was a joy. We play such a high line now that we have pace in defense. That gives Montreal very little space to play. Vieira is finally playing football the way he wants.

My issue with Pirlo this game specifically is that his passing seemed poor. And maybe if I watched it again, it would just seem poor for the normal Pirlo levels, but when that's what he is good at, it was disappointing. Especially since he isn't offering a whole lot via dead balls or long distance shooting

Nothing to add except:
  • Pirlo didn't have his best game but is still probably our best option there IMO. Cognitive bias will always mean we remember the missed tackles or the set pieces or the decision to pass instead of shoot, but I still don't think anybody else makes the midfield tick as well. Or helps our defense keep possession. Also, the decision to play Maxi through instead of shooting was a couple feet away from being absolutely brilliant.
  • Crowd was piss-poor. I was embarrassed. Football as entertainment product all over again. Dear NYC, you may not always get what you put in, but you never get more.
  • ETA: watching Callens ghost past Oduro was a joy. We play such a high line now that we have pace in defense. That gives Montreal very little space to play. Vieira is finally playing football the way he wants.
1. That's a bit too forgiving. He was no better than a Jacobsen today.

2. What? It was fucking freezing and sleeting on everyone. I completely don't buy that it's the crowd's fault or responsibility to do anything. How are those of us who showed up at fault because we got a hard luck draw?

3. Yes, we looked superior to Montreal in all facets. Our defense wasn't bad at all.

My issue with Pirlo this game specifically is that his passing seemed poor. And maybe if I watched it again, it would just seem poor for the normal Pirlo levels, but when that's what he is good at, it was disappointing. Especially since he isn't offering a whole lot via dead balls or long distance shooting
I'm all for Maxi, or really anybody else, taking the dead ball kicks. Pirlo hasn't really delivered in that department, save for the funky set play type free kick and those require so many more variables clicking that they can't be attributed to his brilliance.

Reactions: gbservis and JayH
Yeah I got to eat crow about White. He was even better today than last week. I don't know if he is the long term solution at RB but if he continues like this we can at least call him serviceable. Looked better than any time Jason Hernandez played RB.
Totally better. I posted last week that he didn't suck. When I re-watched, I realized I was wrong. He did suck a little less than normal, but he was still pretty poor. I think I'll feel different when I rewatch this one. I believe he had an actual solid match except for completely losing Piatti a few times.

Reactions: Kjbert