New York City Fc Surpass 15,000 Season Tickets For Season; Open 400 Level At Yankee Stadium

Wait, really?? Where did you read this?
Internet+quotes+the+internet+never+lies_6351a4_3862592.jpg

In regards to the home opener, "Now with more than 30,000 sold, we have decided to open even more seats." We've got some ways to go for a complete sellout.

Reactions: Kjbert
Are they counting the 9 game plans too in the 15k? Also, the season ticket online site has a lot of sections with 1 seat left and others with less than 10, it's very annoying.

Are they counting the 9 game plans too in the 15k? Also, the season ticket online site has a lot of sections with 1 seat left and others with less than 10, it's very annoying.
15k season tickets means 15k season tickets.

I just want a great atmosphere, rather have 20,000 fans who are truly into the game, making it noisy as possible something special then have a completely full stadium with dull uninterested people there. Look at 75,000 fans at Manchester United stadium but that place sounds like a library don't want that.

Reactions: Fabio
From the thread when we hit 14,000:

This was posted roughly a year ago and not all of the teams make their season ticket numbers public:

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...ings-toronto-fc-leiweke-bradley-defoe-dempsey

Here are some of the 2014 numbers:

#1 Seattle: 34,000
#2 Toronto: 17,000
#3 Portland: 15,300
#4 SKC: 14,000
#5 Vancouver: 13,000
#8 RSL: 10,500
LAG: 7,500
Colorado: 5,000

Interesting that LAG is so low since they are often around 27K capacity right?

LA is a pretty terrible, bandwagon sports town. I don't know if you watched the Galaxy game against Chicago on Friday, but there were thousands of empty seats. LA couldn't be bothered to show up for the Champion's home opener.

It really makes me wonder why they want to put a second franchise there. The existing franchise is the best in the league, and they can't sell out consistently.

Reactions: Kjbert and Drainyoo
It really makes me wonder why they want to put a second franchise there. The existing franchise is the best in the league, and they can't sell out consistently.
They have a situation similar to the Red Bull they are the "l.a." galaxy but they are in the Boondocks of LA. A hard to get to suburb in L.A.

Yes, but they are sharing the same field for the intermediate term, and the franchise fee could be paid by anyone.

My only guess is to increase support in the country's second largest media market, but that seems short sighted.