New York City Fc Surpass 15,000 Season Tickets For Season; Open 400 Level At Yankee Stadium

Jesus Christ that's the capacity of the ground ffs.how can we get more in ?
As homer Simpson would say doh !!
There is currently over 10,000 on the season ticket waiting list
The new south stand with an extra 6200 seats and extra pitch side seats are due to be finished by august .taking capacity to around 53,000.
The north stand starts next another 6.200 seats
Then the east and west stands eventually ,the plan is it will be the biggest club ground in the UK around 75,000 ish from memory .
Please don't let your hatred of city getvin the way of facts .
What?

No hatred... just a nice number to beat. Beating the Yankee average of 42k would be great too (Yankee fan here).

Get over yourself.

What?

No hatred... just a nice number to beat. Beating the Yankee average of 42k would be great too (Yankee fan here).

Get over yourself.
I hope you fill the stadium and have a great first home game mate.
One thought that's occurred is I read Orlando gave tickets away to ensure a sell out,that would be a massive kick in the teeth if NY did the same to the fans who have already bought tickets .

Reactions: Kubah
I hope you fill the stadium and have a great first home game mate.
One thought that's occurred is I read Orlando gave tickets away to ensure a sell out,that would be a massive kick in the teeth if NY did the same to the fans who have already bought tickets .
NYCFC is not doing anything too crazy. Sure they have a few giveaways, but nothing outlandish like OCSC. Whatever the attendance is, it is going to be legit. Very exciting to show that NYers will support soccer.

Most NY sport teams are in a bad spot right now (bad owners, bad players, bad fans), so I think NYCFC can really make a dent a crowded market.

NYCFC is not doing anything too crazy. Sure they have a few giveaways, but nothing outlandish like OCSC. Whatever the attendance is, it is going to be legit. Very exciting to show that NYers will support soccer.

Most NY sport teams are in a bad spot right now (bad owners, bad players, bad fans), so I think NYCFC can really make a dent a crowded market.
So will NY have 3 teams then ? Are cosmos still going .you can still buy cosmos gear over here in the sports shops
We used to have a chairman at city who would always give the gate as say 30,000 when there was nearer 50 000 in the ground ,the crowd used to burst out laughing when they announced the attendance. Extreme creative accountancy gone mad it was

So will NY have 3 teams then ? Are cosmos still going .you can still buy cosmos gear over here in the sports shops
We used to have a chairman at city who would always give the gate as say 30,000 when there was nearer 50 000 in the ground ,the crowd used to burst out laughing when they announced the attendance. Extreme creative accountancy gone mad it was
Haha, sounds like the Yankees... They have priced out so many regular fans that the lower seats (the more expensive) ones are usually empty. But of course they say they "sold out".

Brooklyn Nets (basketball) have the same problem... the only reason that arena sells out is because out-of-towners and tourists come to cheer for the opposing teams. Embarassing being a Nets fan sometimes.

Cosmos are hanging in there. My friend works for them... they barely get 7k to their games. They did sign Raul, so there's that. My dream would be for them to buy out the Red Bulls and give the NY area a real rivalry.

Haha, sounds like the Yankees... They have priced out so many regular fans that the lower seats (the more expensive) ones are usually empty. But of course they say they "sold out".

Brooklyn Nets (basketball) have the same problem... the only reason that arena sells out is because out-of-towners and tourists come to cheer for the opposing teams. Embarassing being a Nets fan sometimes.

Cosmos are hanging in there. My friend works for them... they barely get 7k to their games. They did sign Raul, so there's that. My dream would be for them to buy out the Red Bulls and give the NY area a real rivalry.
No the other way round mate the chairman was saying there was 20,000 less in and keeping the money.
What sort of crowds are the bulls likely to get then ?
Bradley wright Phillips was at city as a kid but wasn't good enough but he seems to be doing OK for himself now
I'm sure most people in the UK think Pele's still playing for the cosmos how come the have dropped so low ,have their fans jumped ship to the bulls then ?

Reactions: Kubah

Is that really why those seats are empty? I had always thought that they were likely owned by businesses and wealthy individuals who just skipped a lot of games and didn't bother to resell. That or people who elect to spend the bulk of the game in the restaurants. But it is certainly true that the prices are ridiculous, and that the cheap seats, especially the bleachers, are usually much more full than the area behind home plate.

No the other way round mate the chairman was saying there was 20,000 less in and keeping the money.
Bradley wright Phillips was at city as a kid but wasn't good enough but he seems to be doing OK for himself now
I'm sure most people in the UK think Pele's still playing for the cosmos how come the have dropped so low ,have their fans jumped ship to the bulls then ?

The Cosmos of today share a name with the Cosmos of the 70's, and that's it. They didn't drop, they bought the name and started a team in a lower league, while acting like it was a smart, principled decision.

The Cosmos of today share a name with the Cosmos of the 70's, and that's it. They didn't drop, they bought the name and started a team in a lower league, while acting like it was a smart, principled decision.
So did the fan base jus upsticks and follow the bulls then ?

Ah ok... BWP did great with Henry feeding him the ball... let's see how he does on his own. I think a regression is in order. Cosmos disbanded for about 30 years... this is a new incarnation with the Cosmos brand. Pele is still involved though.

Is that really why those seats are empty? I had always thought that they were likely owned by businesses and wealthy individuals who just skipped a lot of games and didn't bother to resell. That or people who elect to spend the bulk of the game in the restaurants. But it is certainly true that the prices are ridiculous, and that the cheap seats, especially the bleachers, are usually much more full than the area behind home plate.
Well the only realistic buyers of those seats are the wealthy or corps. But it was never that bad in the old YS. I am pretty sure that the new YS had a 20-30% increase in tickets across the board when it opened. That's a lot if you are buying 82-game season tickets.

I actually don't care not being able to sit there, but at least fill them. If you can't go, just donate them to the troops. Would love to see 50+ military people having the best seats in the house for free. When people see how jammed NYCFC's lower area is compared to the Yankees I think it'll open eyes.

So did the fan base jus upsticks and follow the bulls then ?
No Red Bulls back then (MLS only goes back 20 years)... There was no major soccer in the area. People still played for recreation and there were some local teams, but nothing with any real following. Dark days...

Don't know how its done in the states but any attendance you see quoted for a EPL game is the number of seats sold not the number of people in the stadium which can easily vary by up to 10,000 at times

There was no overlap. The Cosmos folded in 1985 or so, and the Metrostars (who became the Red Bulls) didn't start playing till MLS started in 1996.
So its probably fair to say then a good slice of bulls fans used to be cosmos fans then.? So red bull just rocked up and rebranded the metrostars bet that went down well then

Most of the Legends seats in the most expensive area behind home plate and closet to the field are owned by very wealthy individuals and corporations. They don't always show up and the re-sales on Stub hub are outrageous $$. It's not like the old days when you could go sit in empty seats lol.
I have a partial season plan in Sec 122 , it's good enough since i would never be able to afford Legends seats and i prefer to eat in the Steakhouse before a game anyway . I've been in Legends a few times , it's nice and everything except Alcohol is inclusive.

Last edited:
H

My friend works for them... they barely get 7k to their games.
7,000? Man you're way off. They announce they're getting 4-5K per game and reading posts from guys who actually go out to Shuart say they don't get half that.

Reactions: BxLio91
7,000? Man you're way off. They announce they're getting 4-5K per game and reading posts from guys who actually go out to Shuart say they don't get half that.
Let's take a look at 2014...
Highest home attendance
League: 7,906
(April 13 v. Atlanta)
All: 9,364
(June 14 v. Red Bulls)
Lowest home attendance
League: 3,091
(May 12 v. Minnesota)
All: 1,851
(May 28 v. Brooklyn at Belson Stadium)
Average home league attendance
League: 4,835
All: 5,028

Well how about 2013?
Highest home attendance
11,929 vs. FTL (3 August)
Lowest home attendance
5,409 vs. CAR (12 October)
Average home league attendance

How am I way off? As for who shows up or doesn't... when has that mattered? Knicks, Nets and Yankees always "sell out" and how many empty seats do they have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_New_York_Cosmos_season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_New_York_Cosmos_season