New York City Fc Surpass 15,000 Season Tickets For Season; Open 400 Level At Yankee Stadium

It really makes me wonder why they want to put a second franchise there. The existing franchise is the best in the league, and they can't sell out consistently.
They will go on about the "Carson isn't LA" excuse all day. But it's bullshit. Because the teams in the heart of LA don't have good support unless they are winning. See current Lakers, Clippers and pre-2012 Kings. I should add that this is a rant from an EXTREMELY bitter San Jose Sharks fan...

It really makes me wonder why they want to put a second franchise there. The existing franchise is the best in the league, and they can't sell out consistently.

Because they are trying to fill the hole in the heart of angelenos with a Futbol team since they can't have a Football team.

Reactions: Kjbert
Pretty sure the LA game was near capacity by the end, it seems people got late to the game for whatever reason.

I think the second LA team can work. Winning helps of course, but I'd imagine many fans in LA are looking for something different to the Galaxy to support

Just in case anyone is interested.......

I've been checking Ticketmaster regularly since the announcement was made and they are now actually releasing tickets in the 400's. I just went through the motions of purchasing and they offered a pair in Section 432A.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
There aren't many tickets left on Stubhub either. I scored 7 seats together a few weeks ago for $40 all in. Now seats in the same area are twice that.

The site shows 629 tickets available for Sunday. This compares to 931 for the Sporting KC game two weeks later and over 1,000 for the other home games. And this is despite the fact that fans can still get tickets at face value on the team's website because they've opened up the stadium.

Reactions: Kjbert
So by this time last week, Orlando was saying #FillTheBowl and were at 60k.

What's Yankees looking like for this weekend? Capacity around 52k right?

Something you should know about MLS games on weekdays, much of the crowd aren't in their seats until about 20 to 30 minutes after kick-off. Rush-hour traffic, work, whatever the reason, no one knows but it happens like clockwork.

Reactions: LostAnvil
I just want a great atmosphere, rather have 20,000 fans who are truly into the game, making it noisy as possible something special then have a completely full stadium with dull uninterested people there. Look at 75,000 fans at Manchester United stadium but that place sounds like a library don't want that.
i mean look at us with the red bulls its the same situation haha

Reactions: Kjbert and Kubah
Since they released tickets in the 400's I believe it's safe to say the 300 section is close to being filled.

At this time, I don't think too many 400 seats have been sold. I've been checking Ticketmaster constantly and every time I go through the paces of purchasing tickets they keep offering seats in 432B.

Reactions: Drainyoo
I just checked Ticketmaster. I tried to buy two seats in the best possible location. It offered me Section 427, Row 4.

On StubHub, there are only 419 tickets for resale, which is down from over 600 a couple days ago. Nearly everything in the first two levels is over $100. The 300 seats have a few in the $60-75 range, mostly behind home plate. Tickets are available in the 400 level in sections 427-430 and 432A and B.

So, to summarize... Approximately 72 hours before game time, all seats through 300 level are sold out. The resale market is tight, with seats going well above face and supplies dwindling.

ManCity attendance record for their stadium is 47,726

That would be a nice # to beat... amirite?
Jesus Christ that's the capacity of the ground ffs.how can we get more in ?
As homer Simpson would say doh !!
There is currently over 10,000 on the season ticket waiting list
The new south stand with an extra 6200 seats and extra pitch side seats are due to be finished by august .taking capacity to around 53,000.
The north stand starts next another 6.200 seats
Then the east and west stands eventually ,the plan is it will be the biggest club ground in the UK around 75,000 ish from memory .
Please don't let your hatred of city getvin the way of facts .

Last edited:
I just checked Ticketmaster. I tried to buy two seats in the best possible location. It offered me Section 427, Row 4.

On StubHub, there are only 419 tickets for resale, which is down from over 600 a couple days ago. Nearly everything in the first two levels is over $100. The 300 seats have a few in the $60-75 range, mostly behind home plate. Tickets are available in the 400 level in sections 427-430 and 432A and B.

So, to summarize... Approximately 72 hours before game time, all seats through 300 level are sold out. The resale market is tight, with seats going well above face and supplies dwindling.

Wonder who this is lol

Terrace 319
Row 3| Qty2
Instant Download

$10,532.25

Can't blame them... id miss the first home opener for $21k too.