NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

IMO he plays CB because his distribution isn't midfield-standard at Barca. He's a very Ring-like player IMO. He wins balls, he is intelligent and dogged, but he is not going to surprise you with his decision-making on the ball. I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade over Ring, if at all at his age, so I would be bummed if we used a DP slot on him.

IMO he plays CB because his distribution isn't midfield-standard at Barca. He's a very Ring-like player IMO. He wins balls, he is intelligent and dogged, but he is not going to surprise you with his decision-making on the ball. I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade over Ring, if at all at his age, so I would be bummed if we used a DP slot on him.

Does he also kick field goals while trying to shoot on goal?

Doesn’t he currently play CB? At Liverpool he was a DMid but I thought once he moved to Barça, or maybe only recently, he’s been a CB. I admit I don’t follow them closely so I don’t know his game to game positioning, and maybe he’s still playing as a midfielder, but I don’t know.

Even if he’s made the switch to CB, in MLS, he should be able to play MF no problem at all (or so I’m guessing).
As noted, he still mostly plays midfield for Argentina.

You should say because his distribution isn’t Busquets standard. When Busquets has been injured, he’s often deputized.

Pep turned him into a much better passer. If Yangel leaves after the season I wouldn't mind signing Mascherano to replace him. It would allow Ring to get forward more.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
The correct answer is a goal scorer in the starting XI. Doesn't matter where.

But I heard yesterday Khedira is talking to MLS for Summer 2018.

Does anyone know if he is expected to make the German squad for Russia?
giphy.gif

Phil Foden. Man City's best academy product, 2 goal scorer in the U17 World Cup. I don't think he'll break into the Man City first team, and while a loan to a Championship team is more likely, I think he can be a great asset to NYCFC/CFG. Vieira will play youth.

The correct answer is a goal scorer in the starting XI. Doesn't matter where.

But I heard yesterday Khedira is talking to MLS for Summer 2018.

Does anyone know if he is expected to make the German squad for Russia?
I think he might because he's playing well at Juve (I hear). But it's definitely not nailed on.

Just really hard to predict given how much quality they have in the German pool.

Phil Foden. Man City's best academy product, 2 goal scorer in the U17 World Cup. I don't think he'll break into the Man City first team, and while a loan to a Championship team is more likely, I think he can be a great asset to NYCFC/CFG. Vieira will play youth.
Spoilers, dude. That game was this morning and is still on my to do list for today.

This is probably about right, except for the fact that Mascherano is a positional genius and an absolute leader.

I would rather get a more attacking player or at least younger player, I think. That said, I could totally see CFG wanting Mascherano to become part of "the family" like they did with Vieira. He's a guy who has that kind of heart and guts and mind.

I thought the game was tomorrow and have no clue about the result. I know he scored in group play and hit his penalty versus the US, so 2ish goals.
Okay. So you didn't spoil anything. Cool. I just assumed you meant today. And it was today per my DVR.

Reactions: Kjbert
Jon Lewis would like a word with you.