NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Let me dream. I'm sure CFG and Vieira would like a talented young, marketable French player playing for the club in the biggest city in the world.

This. Have PV visit him with a blank check. Have David Villa show him around NY. Let me dream too.

(Yeah I know, no chance in hell but man, Griezmann and Villa up top? Yowza.)

That a down payment? Cuz I know you ain’t for real with that po’ shit. We ain’t talking about an Everton level player here. We talking real professional striker.

My understanding is that he's having a poor season. And now he has Costa in front of him. He certainly doesn't fetch more today than he would have over the summer

He's still got a good 2 or 3 years at top level play / money before coming here. But I wouldn't mind him crossing the pond sooner rather than later...
He would absolutely destroy MLS, especially with a partner like Villa. Jersey sales alone would pay for his contract, and he'd be the perfect guy to take the place of team leader (from Villa) when he retires.

He would absolutely destroy MLS, especially with a partner like Villa. Jersey sales alone would pay for his contract, and he'd be the perfect guy to take the place of team leader (from Villa) when he retires.

From some potential Villa replacement chatter we had before. I would love him with all my heart. He’s so good. Even waiting until after the WC would be fine.
Serious best hope, if you forced me to pick a name: Sergio Aguero

But I don't know if even he has Villa's heart.

ETA - maybe Suarez? But a large part of his reason for going to Barca was to be near his wife's family, so that might be a total non-starter.

Good news is that WCF is next summer, so I'd say look for playmaking forwards around 30ish right now.

Atiba Hutchinson is on the free I believe in June . Going to be 35. I haven’t seen him play in a while . Not DP worthy sure but would be an interesting snag.

What happened to the James Rodriguez talk? He is not coming here? How about Gotze, doing well in Bundesliga too? Well, what do you think of brining Bobby Wood as Villla’s partner? He has been struggling ever since the USMNT loss

What happened to the James Rodriguez talk? He is not coming here? How about Gotze, doing well in Bundesliga too? Well, what do you think of brining Bobby Wood as Villla’s partner? He has been struggling ever since the USMNT loss
Those are all people that won't and shouldn't come to MLS

ETA: Wood was struggling before the USMNT loss, but he should still stay in Europe

NYCFC interested in Joey Pelupessy: https//www.tubantia.nl/heracles/amerikaanse

He's a 24-year-old defensive midfielder who captains his Eredivisie squad. Would be a clear contender for major minutes and likely push Herrera down to a rotating backup role.

Says we want him right away, but that would cost a transfer fee. Current team doesn't want him to leave, but his contract expires in four months. If they won't sell or we can't fit it under our cap, maybe he's an option in the summer.

Last edited:
NYCFC interested in Joey "Hercules" Pelupessey: https//www.tubantia.nl/heracles/amerikaanse

He's a 24-year-old defensive midfielder who captains his Eredivisie squad. Would be a clear contender for major minutes and likely push Herrera down to a rotating backup role.

Says we want him right away, but that would cost a transfer fee. Current team doesn't want him to leave, but his contract expires in four months. If they won't sell or we can't fit it under our cap, maybe he's an option in the summer.
Not a fan of this signing. I'm sure he's a great player but right now we need goals and Pelupessey doesn't provide that.

Not a fan of this signing. I'm sure he's a great player but right now we need goals and Pelupessey doesn't provide that.

I disagree. We have zero acceptable backups at the 8 and 6. What happens if Ring or Herrera suffer an extended injury? After Medina, midfield now becomes priority. A backup for Villa is also on the list.

Plus, always like to see the "team captain" label. I don't actually know much about this guy, but I have visions of a Dax-type CM presence. I don't know why, but as great as Ring was he didn't feel like a centerpiece, just an awesome piece of the puzzle.

I disagree. We have zero acceptable backups at the 8 and 6. What happens if Ring or Herrera suffer an extended injury? After Medina, midfield now becomes priority. A backup for Villa is also on the list.

Plus, always like to see the "team captain" label. I don't actually know much about this guy, but I have visions of a Dax-type CM presence. I don't know why, but as great as Ring was he didn't feel like a centerpiece, just an awesome piece of the puzzle.
I agree that we need a midfielder but I want a midfielder who can put the ball in the damn net. If we didn't already have Ring I'd like the signing a lot though.