NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

This is probably about right, except for the fact that Mascherano is a positional genius and an absolute leader.

I would rather get a more attacking player or at least younger player, I think. That said, I could totally see CFG wanting Mascherano to become part of "the family" like they did with Vieira. He's a guy who has that kind of heart and guts and mind.
Hmm, I hadn't taken the leadership aspect into account because I've mostly seen him for Barca, but nothing says leadership like tearing your asshole open in a gamesaving tackle on Arjen Robben.

I wonder if Herrera could become more of a goalscoring threat if he didn't have to do so much defensive work (i.e. he was backed by Masche and Ring).

Actually, I think Mascherano would be amazing stepping out of a 3-man backline with Callens and Chanot. Maybe we already discussed his utility there and I missed it, but I could totally justify using a DP slot to play him as a libero.

Reactions: adam
Hmm, I hadn't taken the leadership aspect into account because I've mostly seen him for Barca, but nothing says leadership like tearing your asshole open in a gamesaving tackle on Arjen Robben.

I wonder if Herrera could become more of a goalscoring threat if he didn't have to do so much defensive work (i.e. he was backed by Masche and Ring).

Actually, I think Mascherano would be amazing stepping out of a 3-man backline with Callens and Chanot. Maybe we already discussed his utility there and I missed it, but I could totally justify using a DP slot to play him as a libero.

Mascherano is an amazing player. Last month, playing for his NT, he was by far the best along with Messi in their frustrating tie against Peru in Buenos Aires. (Frustrating for them, I was very happy) All the other players shied away from any major role, seeing how they couldn't break through a well bunkered inferior team. Masche was the only one who asked for the ball and pushed forward. His vision distributing from CB or DM is unparalleled and his leadership is second to none. He deserves the near mythical status he has in Argentina.

Macnelly Torres is arguably the best player on the reigning Copa Libertadores champions. I don't care if you have to sell Maxi if you have a chance to bring a guy like this in on a reasonable contract you bring him in. End of discussion.

The correct answer is a goal scorer in the starting XI. Doesn't matter where.

But I heard yesterday Khedira is talking to MLS for Summer 2018.

Does anyone know if he is expected to make the German squad for Russia?
Barring injury I'd expect Khedira to make the German squad for what I'd say is his last major tournament. Even with the crazy depth the Germans have, Jogi Löw will want some experience in the squad for Russia.

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
I'm not sure that MLS will take much of a break for the world cup next year, so any national team player like Torres could miss 4-5 games at least. Should be a consideration...

I'm not sure that MLS will take much of a break for the world cup next year, so any national team player like Torres could miss 4-5 games at least. Should be a consideration...

Didn’t even think about that. Why would MLS break now? Good thing our internationals don’t have nations that made it either.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I would love to see another Barca man at NYCFC before Villa retires. Masche would be a great replacement for Herrera; it's clear that Herrera has lost interest in playing here in the states.

Didn’t even think about that. Why would MLS break now? Good thing our internationals don’t have nations that made it either.
Matarrita, Wallace, Villa (?), Callens. Their national teams all made it and they have played for them recently.

Reactions: Kjbert
Anyone want to find a player on Xolos they would like? They haven't paid their players in 2 months
Really? I wouldn't have guessed that...

Is Joe Benny and Fizcal still there? Joe Benny would add good midfield depth. Fiscal would be an above average Center or right back, but only needed if a better value than current options

Reactions: Kjbert
Maxi doesn't fit this team.

He's our 3rd best DP. We're a better team with 2016 Lampard slotting into Maxi's position.

That's a terrible job by Reyna in hindsight. They got the wrong guy. Maybe they thought they could cobble together Lampard's production but they couldn't. There's a reason Leon gave him away for free. It was a salary dump by then. They need to move on from him. He's not a DP worthy player in this keague

Macnelly Torres is arguably the best player on the reigning Copa Libertadores champions. I don't care if you have to sell Maxi if you have a chance to bring a guy like this in on a reasonable contract you bring him in. End of discussion.
Torres started talking it down this week. Not sure if there's a real reason or if it's just his team trying to get him to focus on the current year but that's the latest update.

Also... http://cadenaser.com/programa/2017/11/01/el_larguero/1509574220_920159.html

Ferando Torres allegedly has offers from the United States