NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Going through some of the players recently released what are some of the names you would think about bringing in? I don't necessarily mean as a starter. A few below that I would consider are listed below:
  • Tyrone Mears
  • Alan Gordon (imagine if we had him to bring off the bench instead of Okoli or Shelton this last year)
  • Hernan Grana (though it appears he is returning to Argentina on an expiring loan)
  • Mohammed Saied (depth midfield signing)
  • Atiba Harris
  • Fabian Herbers
  • Amobi Okugo
Also, I'm realizing more that this MLS list is so damn frustrating at the lack of information (surprise, surprise). Some players are listed as their loans expiring, and others are listed as option not exercised, but after reviewing transfermarkt, appears they were on loan (Grana). Additionally, some info is conflicting as the roster move page lists Garza as returning to Tijuana from his loan but the ATL website still lists him on their current roster (they've removed other players whose options were not exercised).

Furthermore, MLS has already stripped the teams from the players whose options were not exercised, which is fine and makes sense, but they've also removed any other designations, so you can't tell which foreign players have green cards and wouldn't take up an int'l spot.

Reactions: Kjbert
I haven't, any analysis?

He's an offensive RB. Mind you, these were all highlight videos - but he plays way up the pitch. If you wanted an overlapping fullback, he would be one

I don't think I saw him cross the ball once for a header - which is a good because we don't have a target man.

He's quick. He played at a really good level at Malmo.

He's an offensive RB. Mind you, these were all highlight videos - but he plays way up the pitch. If you wanted an overlapping fullback, he would be one

I don't think I saw him cross the ball once for a header - which is a good because we don't have a target man.

In before F freshfog replies that his jersey is available on SPAM for only $8.

NYCFCfan NYCFCfan ive watched about an hour of Anton Tinnerholm highlights. At this point, I am emotionally invested in him as our RB the next 4 years.

Following up to say I've also watched about 45 minutes of Sour Shoes videos on YouTube

ok,i got it

EJ showed nothing for me. He was indecisive and slow. And he gave up 12 goals in 5 games he played (that mattered).

EJ is the classic case of someone playing the wrong sport for their body type. The guy would make it to the NBA bench if he had played any basketball, he's just that tall.

Reactions: LionNYC and Kjbert
EJ is the classic case of someone playing the wrong sport for their body type. The guy would make it to the NBA bench if he had played any basketball, he's just that tall.
Well, not really. 6'7" is tall, sure. But its not sure-fire make it to the NBA tall. There are a ton more guys not in the NBA that are 6'7" than there are guys in the NBA.

Well, not really. 6'7" is tall, sure. But its not sure-fire make it to the NBA tall. There are a ton more guys not in the NBA that are 6'7" than there are guys in the NBA.

I could have sworn the team sheet said 6'11.

Abramowitz on Soccer in the City said there was a crazy rumor about Carlitos Tevez, that Boca wanted him back but couldn’t buy out his contract ($6m) due to lack of $ and that NYCFC was interested in maybe doing the same.

Would have been great to get him 5 years ago. Now, not so much. A healthy, motivated Tevez would be lethal with Villa up top.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam