Nycfc Revealed Pictures Videos And Discussion

I'm happy with it. I don't think there's anything wrong with supporters being unhappy.
People love this city and what it represents and if at the end of the day they don't want their city to represent another city I think that's understandable.
At this point we need to accept it and continue to support NYCFC But it's also important that if you do feel that way to express it because if you don't then it won't fix anything.
Being in this large of a market I think NYCFC WILL develop its own identity with our help.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
Alright today wasn't a win for the club but holy crap there is a mob mentality going on right now. Chill the "F" out!!! We all knew exactly what was coming. Yes they could have just released it on twitter or via stream but they wanted to make it a spectical. It was a miss I agree. Not exactly like they announced red bull as the kit sponsor. I am a little confused as to why so much hate on this forum. I get the mlssoccer.com, nbc and bleacher report giving the jabs but not everyone here.

It's our team not Man City's they just write checks for our entertainment.

Reactions: franchise646
You can tell the Yankees are involved with brainless moves like this. At least the t shirt I bought when Villa was signed looks like the kit.

Alright today wasn't a win for the club but holy crap there is a mob mentality going on right now. Chill the "F" out!!! We all knew exactly what was coming. Yes they could have just released it on twitter or via stream but they wanted to make it a spectical. It was a miss I agree. Not exactly like they announced red bull as the kit sponsor. I am a little confused as to why so much hate on this forum. I get the mlssoccer.com, nbc and bleacher report giving the jabs but not everyone here.

It's our team not Man City's they just write checks for our entertainment.
I think most of us have a vision of the club we want to support, and when the reality fits or conflicts with that vision, we want to voice our feelings to hopefully create change in those areas.

We aren't playing in any games, so it makes sense that we discuss this most newsworthy item surrounding the club.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
I was there just to show support for my club. I honestly couldn't possibly care less about what the kits look like - all that matters is how well they play and that they have legit fans behind them rain or shine/sky blue and white or navy and orange. Please don't misinterpret this as me saying that anyone here is not a legit fan. I just personally don't think what they wear matters - they will build their identity on each pitch they play on.

Now if David Villa says that it is impossible for him to score goals because the Eithad Blue Kit makes him sad - then I guess I'll have some concerns.

I'm happy with it. I don't think there's anything wrong with supporters being unhappy.
People love this city and what it represents and if at the end of the day they don't want their city to represent another city I think that's understandable.
At this point we need to accept it and continue to support NYCFC But it's also important that if you do feel that way to express it because if you don't then it won't fix anything.
Being in this large of a market I think NYCFC WILL develop its own identity with our help.

I totally agree. What I can't seem to understand are the folks who are saying they won't buy the kit simply because it looks too much like an MC kit. It's there money, but being dedicated to this team, and wanted to support them as much as I can, my brain can't seem to make sense of this.

So, just to switch up the convo a bit, I really don't understand why NYCFC couldn't have jerseys for sale at the event. They gave one out to one winner, and being that they'll be available in almost two weeks, tells me that the shirts are ready. Why not have a bunch ready for the folks who attended? It's the least they could have done for making us travel to the middle of nowhere on the west side for a dull event.

And on another related but somewhat different point: I'm trying to understand the marketing/business rationale behind making the kit nearly identical, as opposed to something similar and "inspired by." Yes there is brand extension, but that can be done without hewing so exactly close.
And what would they be trying to achieve? Presumably they want NYCFC fans to become MCFC fans and vice-versa. But to what end? Crossover ticket sales will be minimal, and the BPL gets paid by NBC the same regardless of whether people are MC fans, or Arsenal or whatever. The real reason to get crossover fans would be to sell more gear, it seems to me. So yeah, if I'm an NYCFC fan and I'm inspired to become an MCFC fan, I might go check out the MCFC designs. But then it's the exact same thing with 3 different logos/patches: Nike/Adidas, MCFC/NYCFC, BPL/MLS. Otherwise it's the exact same shirt. Wouldn't we be more likely to buy the other shirts/gear/designs if they were related, but different?

And on another related but somewhat different point: I'm trying to understand the marketing/business rationale behind making the kit nearly identical, as opposed to something similar and "inspired by." Yes there is brand extension, but that can be done without hewing so exactly close.
And what would they be trying to achieve? Presumably they want NYCFC fans to become MCFC fans and vice-versa. But to what end? Crossover ticket sales will be minimal, and the BPL gets paid by NBC the same regardless of whether people are MC fans, or Arsenal or whatever. The real reason to get crossover fans would be to sell more gear, it seems to me. So yeah, if I'm an NYCFC fan and I'm inspired to become an MCFC fan, I might go check out the MCFC designs. But then it's the exact same thing with 3 different logos/patches: Nike/Adidas, MCFC/NYCFC, BPL/MLS. Otherwise it's the exact same shirt. Wouldn't we be more likely to buy the other shirts/gear/designs if they were related, but different?

I don't think it's to get NYCFC fans to be MC fans. That's a huge stretch if that's really their strategy. For example I would never become an MCFC fan. I follow teams that I have a personal connection to, so USA, Italy, NYCFC and Napoli are my teams for life. No amount of MCFC branding will change that. Maybe it might work for more casual fans in America who are new to MLS. Still a stretch.

In my opinion this is more about have a consistent aesthetic across the CFG network. I think they're trying to build a global presence.

Plus, with the same color and sponsor as MCFC, it would be hard for them to design a kit that people would consider to not be a clone. If the NYCFC sponsor was JetBlue, no one would be saying a thing about the current design. The fact that it's the same color, and sponsor, folks automatically jump to the conclusion that it's a direct copy. I posted in another thread 5 other clubs that have very similar kits. MCFC isn't the only team with a simple sky blue jersey.

I don't think it's to get NYCFC fans to be MC fans. That's a huge stretch if that's really their strategy. For example I would never become an MCFC fan. I follow teams that I have a personal connection to, so USA, Italy, NYCFC and Napoli are my teams for life. No amount of MCFC branding will change that. Maybe it might work for more casual fans in America who are new to MLS. Still a stretch.

In my opinion this is more about have a consistent aesthetic across the CFG network. I think they're trying to build a global presence.

Plus, with the same color and sponsor as MCFC, it would be hard for them to design a kit that people would consider to not be a clone. If the NYCFC sponsor was JetBlue, no one would be saying a thing about the current design. The fact that it's the same color, and sponsor, folks automatically jump to the conclusion that it's a direct copy. I posted in another thread 5 other clubs that have very similar kits. MCFC isn't the only team with a simple sky blue jersey.
I think my disappointment as an MCFC first and foremost, is that there is no differentiation. Why couldn't there have been some orange or navy blue, because when we (MCFC) go back to our traditional colours both kits will look identical.
But I don't think all the hate towards MCFC is justified. Realistically it should be CFG if you want to vent your anger, MCFC will have had nothing to do with all of this.