Nycfc V Galaxy - Postgame & Player Ratings

Not sure, but some of the idiots (who for the record, I rarely see post on this board) kept spewing in the game chat how he is awful and a waste of money. It is seriously like some of these people only value players based on goals and assists.

He's not awful and has good potential. But genius Kreis doesn't know how to play him. He will never be at Marchisio or Vidal level...but that's where he belongs...he's a H/H CM. He can track back and help Pirlo and push up to assist the offense. He could probably be everything that AJ is supposed to be. AJ has disappeared. It's time for Mix to get a shot in that spot.

Warning drank my face off after this. Read all the comments and didn't see anything about this. I hope I dont get banned for this. fuck Frank lampard for being our first signing. Fuck all the Chelsea and Manchester city fans that come hear and lecture me about how much of a class talent and class act he is. Fuck every perfectly politically correct interview he gives that makes people love him. He talks like a dirty politician and says all the right things about being excited about coming here and building something (unless something better comes along). Fuck Frank for not telling man city, thanks but I told a whole city I was excited to build something and I'm a man of my word so I want to go now and follow through. Everyone bitches about cfg but no one blames Frank. Everyone questions villa but no one remembers that he signed second under the assumption Frank would be here from day one. Then when frank decided he was too good for us villa has stepped up in every possible way. What would have happened today if Frank had been here from day one, like he said he would be? Why does everyone blame cfg while never questioning why Frank didn't say no I would love to stay at mc but I'm excited about what they are building in NYC and I want to go because I told them I would be there from day one. I could care less about cfg I'm an arsenal fan. So why do people spend hours being mad at cfg and never we question Frank?

If your kid has been to 500 of the best birthday parties ever and then some new kid moves to town and you're kid tells everyone that the kid's b-day party is going to be great and he can't wait for it and Then a few weeks later a popular kid invites him to a party on the same day. Do you say that's okay son you should go to the cooler party even though you are too old for that party, have been to 100s of them and told everyone you were going to the other kid's party? Of course not you tell your kid to keep his word and do what he said he would do. So why do we spend 100000s of hours debating cfg and never question lampard? Why do people go on and on telling us we can't boo him because he did nothing wrong. I say fuck ff he could have come here whenever he wanted and he chose to go back on his word and come mid season.

Maybe I'm just pissed we are going to miss the playoffs but I truly believe that if Frank wanted to be here from day one he could have been, all he had to do was say so. So fuck him for no keeping his world.
If he'd been here since day one I'm sure Kries would have either a.) gotten him injured in training or b.) started Grabavoy over him.

He's just been a waste of a large amount of money that could have gone towards improving the squad. $8 million is a lot of money in mls and right now we're wasting it on some guy who hasn't been match fit and missed half the season.

Hope you liked that one, and your ass heals up before Dallas and Vancouver do the same thing to us. But a tie in Columbus was fine, and resting guys for Montreal was the right move.

Wow. The only good thing about that game was that I did not have to stay up late to watch it. Men playing boys. Well guess that sets the level we need to get to. This year is a free pass next year that result could be a managers job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikeylito
In my opinion, as I've said many times, the *other* thing killing us is lack of discipline in positioning and poor use of the pitch.

Can't stress this enough. I'd just like to add on by showing the heat map for the game against Columbus:

nyvsclb.jpg

BIG DIFFERENCE! This is why Kreis takes so much heat. This is about coaching. Understand your players and get them to understand your objectives. Then you get results. I'm not saying we could have or should have won this game but we certainly are capable of performing better. Especially with this lineup.

Reactions: Keith Putnam
After this loss, how would everyone feel about letting the "kids" play?

Play the diamond. Let Villa and Mullins play up top. Let Poku roam underneath them. Let Mena play with Facey and see if they can develop a partnership. None of us are sold on Saunders. Let Johannsen play. Pirlo plays at the base because he has to. Diskerud and McNamara wide.
I'd love to see Johansen or Meara get a shot at goal. Saunders has made good saves yes, but he's also made a good amount of mistakes this year.

Let Johansen have a go. Let Mullins play more! Give us some hope George John is still alive. Let Mena form a partnership.

God at this point throw Nemec in, I'd rather see him come in than Grabavoy or Alvarez.

A few thoughts after taking a day to calm down.

It was a horrible afternoon, but sometimes results like that happen. A team goes down a couple and then gets routed as it throws numbers forward trying to salvage a point. If we score in the first 20 minutes or so or if McNamara had kept his shot on frame that could have tied it in the 37', things could have been different. Remember that LA got blown out 4-0 by Orlando in May and got waxed by Houston, 3-0 a few weeks back.

I think people continue to underestimate how hard it is to win as an expansion franchise, particularly in a league that has a strict salary cap. For all the attention on the famous DPs, where we were really outclassed were at all the other positions. Guys like Zardes, Lletget, Rogers, Juninho, Husidic, de la Garza, etc. Those guys are just better than our comparable group of non-DPs. Heck, LA has a forward that gets caps for the national team and comes off the bench. That kind of depth takes time to build - but I am confident we will get there.

To some extent, we played our game, holding the possession advantage 55.5% to 44.5%. Passing was basically even. Our usual problems resurfaced - lack of finishing and vulnerability on the counterattack.

Villa's frustration has shown for a couple of weeks now. While his comment that he "can't do it alone" is somewhat true, he's also trying to do more by himself than he should. He needs to keep being ready to lay off when defenses surround him. He also needs to keep his temper in check. His failure to guard against a quick restart led to LA's first goal.

The big question is whether we pair someone else with him up front. With Lampard coming back, we need someone to sit. That's probably Jacobsen. We either move Diskerud back to pair with Pirlo, or we go to a diamond with Poku up top with Villa. In the later case, we will need Diskerud and McNamara to be disciplined on the wing and to track back when necessary to provide support on defense since Pirlo will be alone.

It was a horrible afternoon, but sometimes results like that happen.
Nope. A terrible afternoon is a tripletta, a manita means a nightmare.

A
...or we go to a diamond...
Nope once again: this new team needs a simple, execrable, paleolithic 4-4-2. Old, but easy to learn and affordable. Later there will be diamond, trees, fairies and gnomes.

For the rest I quote every single word.

Having watched most of new yorks games this result was no surprise. The defence is just a total mess, keeper is poor, not really sure what Jacobson does and very little width.

Was never going to easy though to sign 30 odd players and hope they gel right away however it must be frustrating to see the same mistakes time and again and there is a lot of quality in that team. Reckon kreis will be given another season as the people in charge of the season have history of giving a manager an extra season (pellegrini, mancini, hughes etc).

Last edited:
Soon as Mix was subbed off we conceded what 3 goals? Fucking ridiculous. What is Kreis trying to prove? He needs to pick on someone. Used to be Poku then Poku/Mix and now just Mix. Guy is a fucking child.
Seriously. I tried to give Kreis the benefit of the doubt and say that he had given up at 2-0 and subbed off Mix and TMac to save their legs for Columbus at home. I can't think of any other reason why you would take them off for Grabavoy and Seba with that much time left when one goal gets you back in the game. Mix and TMac are both tireless workers who do so many little things off of the ball even when they are not having their best offensive day. No one else consistently tracks back the way they do and it showed when things went south after they got subbed off. They are also way more of a threat to score or create a goal than any midfielder who was available on the bench yesterday. Different story if you subbed one of those guys off for a healthy Shelton.

Last edited:
Is this one I'd want to watch a replay off? I haven't even come close to watching the highlights, or rather the lowlights.