Nycfc V Montreal Motm & Post-game

Falastur

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 20, 2014
Herts, UK
Another set of poor performances and questionable decisions both managerial and refereeing. A disappointing result, but at least we can finally put the will-Lampard-ever-play debate to bed. Surely one day we will finally play our strongest XI from the start and properly show the class this team must have tucked away somewhere?

All post-game chat in here, please.

[voopl=2015-08-01][/voopl]

Reactions: Mikeylito
In all seriousness Kreis cost us this game. He puts Grabavoy above everyone including this teams fate.

THERE IS NO FUCKING REASON MIX AND POKU ARE BENCHED. NONE. ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A STUPID SCHMUCK GO ROOT FOR THE REDBULLS.

Im very pissed now after watching this pitiful game. Grabavoy is like playing with 6 men who are missing limbs. Our backline is atrocious. Our corners and set pieces for the most part are shit.

KREIS YOU SCHMUCK STOP SMIRKING AT THE CAMERA WHEN YOUR TEAM IS DOWN 2 POINTS BECAUSE YOU SUCK AS LIFE.

Villa I know your frustrated but pass the ball sometimes will ya?

#kreisout

That penalty...ugh.

In truth, Saunders was wrong but I feel like it didn't effect the game so you don't call it.

What's worse, Saunders really didn't need to do it. He got the stop and Piatti was running on by.

Last edited:
I don't want to blame mena too much. it's obvious that he's going to be pretty good, he just still needs time to adjust. The thing I just can't comprehend is the decision to play grabavoy. I mean, basically, playing grabavoy takes pirlo out of the game completely and makes our whole midfield dysfunctional for 60 minutes.

also, it seems pretty obvious that lampard and pirlo haven't figured out how to play together yet. lots of times they were occupying the same space. Hopefully they can get it worked out soon.

I guess the big positive is that Kreis seems to give everyone one more chance than they deserve. I am reasonably confident in the proposition that, barring an injury/suspension crisis, we have seen the last of lord siriboe. Wingert has had a string of poor performances and injuries, and I suspect that kreis is realizing that a slow midfield means we need a speedy back line, so I'm hopeful we won't see much more of him. And grabavoy has now shat the bed two games in a row, and following trend, with any luck we won't see any more of him.

If Grabavoy makes the starting 11 over Poku mix or Lampard one more time I will dedicate my time on earth to ousting Kreis as manager. The team had absolutely no flow. Everything that touched him went backwards. All attack went through Angelino and villa. The midfield is at a standstill. Why you make a change when it looked so good last week in the second half blows my mind. And again this week. It looks great when you realize your dumb fucking decisions don't cut it.

Last edited:
I was right behind the benches. I laid into kreis. The security threatened to kick me out but I was not cursing it using abusive language. My neighbor, a Bronx asst. DA told the guard she would sign an affidavit if they kicked me out and the guard would be fucked.

I was yelling take out grabavoy for 60 fucking minutes.

Kreis' neighbor was sitting I front of us getting all pissed at me for yelling at his friend.

#firekreis.

Drunk rant over for now.

shit that, no? Disappointing loss, and worse off just a really really bad performance for like first hour of the match. Like maybe if i try really hard I can come up with some terrible reason for our line up, but not making any changes at the half? What?

Last edited:
I'm not as down on Kreis as many of you. That said, I do question leaving BOTH Mix and Poku on the bench to start the game. Also, in a must-win game, I'd have rather seen Facey start over Mena.

So, now, with the schedule being what it is, it's going to be a tough climb into the Top 6 in the East. There are really no gimmes remaining in the schedule.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
Buzzed, hot and tired...Im gonna gather my thoughts first...also, there's a couple punks on this site. I don't come here to go on the match chat to deal with little kids cursing at people, calling other members names and shit talking.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
I was right behind the benches. I laid into kreis. The security threatened to kick me out but I was not cursing it using abusive language. My neighbor, a Bronx asst. DA told the guard she would sign an affidavit if they kicked me out and the guard would be fucked.

I was yelling take out grabavoy for 60 fucking minutes.

Kreis' neighbor was sitting I front of us getting all pissed at me for yelling at his friend.

#firekreis.

Drunk rant over for now.

Get this man a medal asap

Shocking lineup and an embarrassing showing on the whole despite brief flashes of greatness. I thought the second goal was one of our best this year.

Villa was slow and lazy throughout the first half, but I will give him a pass for that given the All Star game. That doesn't explain the inexplicable amount of time he spends offside though. Still, he had several great dribbles and passes. Even when he is bad he is good. Pirlo sprayed many poor passes in the first half but looked considerably better in the second. Angelino is a joy to watch, shame no one thought to give him the ball until the second half. His interplay with Villa and McNamara is fantastic. I defended Grabavoy earlier in the year but he has been garbage since his injury. And I have no idea why we played such a slow defense against a team with such a strong counter. Maddening. My only consolation is that this is almost a totally different team from two months ago. If we can settle on a consistent starting 11 I still believe we can surprise people.