Official Nycfc Forums Fantasy League

Pedro morales got a freaking red card and screwed me over... thanks Porales

Seriously, what the fuck? And that weak yellow on Oba when he was clearly being pulled. I had such a bad week I can't even... I think I'll have to use my wild card to rebuild for next week.

I share your pain gentlemen. An even worse result is when you totally out think yourself when making your line up, as I did this weekend.

I'm in 1st Place in my Head-to-Head League and tweaked my line up to get some Whitecaps players starting, because they had 2 games this round. When I saw I was going against the 19th place player, I took the -4 point hit to add another Vancouver player, figuring I'd beat this guy easily anyhow and I could grab some extra points to boot.

Nope. Didn't happen. Ended up losing by 6 points, because the guys I added didn't pan out. If I kept my original line up, I would have blown the other guy out and remained undefeated through 6 rounds.

Also thought I was going to be smarter than anyone else by making Ousted my Captain instead of Rivero. oy

Seriously, what the fuck? And that weak yellow on Oba when he was clearly being pulled. I had such a bad week I can't even... I think I'll have to use my wild card to rebuild for next week.
Don't man. Unless you are going to have to take a -12 hit or more to change your team then it's not worth it. that wildcard will be much more valuable around the Gold Cup time of the season

Had Morales and made him my captain. Or so I thought. After his first game, I checked and realized I completely messed up and somehow designated Atiba Harris of Dallas as my captain. ?!?! Morales had 8 points in the bag with another game to play! WTF Mark, how'd I/you mess that up? But hey, Harris is a defender on the best team in the league playing the offensively incompetent Rapids. He might not beat the 8+ Morales will get but he should score big, plus I have another Dallas defender on my lineup so I'm still in good shape despite giving away a sure-to-be-mega-captain-double.. Fate laughs at me: 0-4, big fat goose eggs for both Dallas defenders. When Morales red carded, I couldn't decide whether to consider that as a mixed blessing, in that while I lost 2 points, I also took less of a hit on the wrong captain designation.
Also the second week in a row I had nobody playing Sunday. Not substantively meaningful, but psychologically it's tough to see my team performance compared to league average just drop on the last day.

Don't man. Unless you are going to have to take a -12 hit or more to change your team then it's not worth it. that wildcard will be much more valuable around the Gold Cup time of the season

Probably a good point, I'll see if I can sneak by with a small points hit.

Had Ousted (captain).
Same here. I knew that was sort of rolling the dice a bit, but given the circumstances I really thought he had a good shot at back to back shut outs and I could've collected a sweet 36 points. SMH, shoulda given Rivero the C. :D

Same here. I knew that was sort of rolling the dice a bit, but given the circumstances I really thought he had a good shot at back to back shut outs and I could've collected a sweet 36 points. SMH, shoulda given Rivero the C. :D

Yep. Thought Vancouver was getting probably two shutouts, plus Rivero was rumored to have some injury issues. I also figured Columbus and San Jose would sit back and minimize the scoring opportunities.

Well, I got part of the second thing right. But mostly, I was hilarious wrong lol

I want to win but i want to win with nycfc style. Used my wildcard to get 4 nycfc players for the home home double game week. Hopefully Villa and Hernandez will be back Sunday for both reality and fantasy

I want to win but i want to win with nycfc style. Used my wildcard to get 4 nycfc players for the home home double game week. Hopefully Villa and Hernandez will be back Sunday for both reality and fantasy

Yep. Captained Villa, brought in Hernandez. I also had Saunders, and was gutted on both a real and fantasy level to lose that clean sheet. Le sigh.

After getting burned last week with Vancouver, I kind of shied away from bringing in any NY/Philly players this round.

With Opara getting hurt I had to shuffle my back line, so I did bring in Hernandez. But I stayed away from Villa, because I didn't think he was going to play 2 games and we knew Mix was missing at least one. I also think we're going to see a lot of changes for Sunday night's match with Portland. I wouldn't be the least surprised if Meara gets the start.

If Meara was in our plans why would wevsign the Norwegian kid as a 4th goalie? Saunders was player of the mohth for nycfc and wont miss a game unless he us hurt or its the Open Cup

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
I have a question for someone who is more familiar with the Fantasy League's than I am. In my Head-to-Head League my opponent is getting points for both his GK's (Clark and Seitz). Anyone know how that is possible? Am I missing something? TIA!

I have a question for someone who is more familiar with the Fantasy League's than I am. In my Head-to-Head League my opponent is getting points for both his GK's (Clark and Seitz). Anyone know how that is possible? Am I missing something? TIA!
I think you can't see who he actually choose until after the round. So he got the points of one or the other, you just don't know who yet.

In other news, fantasy isn't that fun when your team sucks 3 weeks in a row. Half my midfield players didn't even play this week and if Villa and Hernandez are both out tonight I'm really fucked

Reactions: adam and Gene
Oh, I see what you're saying. I never noticed it before, but 7 rounds into the season my opponent just might be the 1st guy I played that has two starting 'keepers on his roster, rather than 1 top notch guy and a $4.0 million back up who never gets off the bench. So I guess it's safe to say whoever is checking out my team will see I received points for Seitz and Ousted.

I'm trailing this guy by nine points at the moment and I have 4 starters with 0 points. ugh.