Orlando Postmatch

Via r/MLS

There should be a one year ban for the first two and a lifetime ban for the last person

WSTyiQbl.jpg

Reactions: SayWhat44
Via r/MLS

There should be a one year ban for the first two and a lifetime ban for the last person

WSTyiQbl.jpg

with all the video/ info coming out there goes any plans i had to go to away games now in other cities. i suppose suspension will be pretty bad since this was all over their local news.

Rewatched the 75th minute stoppage and here's what happened.

That was actually a pass from Chanot to Villa and it was called back for Orlando offside. Ring pressured the Orlando CB who booted it forward to an offsides Orlando player. It was cut off by Chanot and landed to Villa who brought it down in their box.

Reactions: SayWhat44
Via r/MLS

WSTyiQbl.jpg
If the top charge against the last guy holds up then an MLS ban is the least of his worries. There's a decent chance they overcharged and really want to get him on the 3d Degree felony, which is bad enough but a huge drop from a top potential sentence from 30 years to five.
"Affrays" basically means fighting that bothers other people -- as a nuisance. Not to defend the top 2 but unless they were affraying with each other you wonder why no arrests to the purple clad folks they were likely fighting with. Still, subject to meaningful disclaimers that these are only allegations and charges, etc., realistically it is likely at best that someone else who should have been arrested was let off rather than this crowd was wrongly arrested.

If the top charge against the last guy holds up then an MLS ban is the least of his worries. There's a decent chance they overcharged and really want to get him on the 3d Degree felony, which is bad enough but a huge drop from a top potential sentence from 30 years to five.
"Affrays" basically means fighting that bothers other people -- as a nuisance. Not to defend the top 2 but unless they were affraying with each other you wonder why no arrests to the purple clad folks they were likely fighting with. Still, subject to meaningful disclaimers that these are only allegations and charges, etc., realistically it is likely at best that someone else who should have been arrested was let off rather than this crowd was wrongly arrested.
giphy.gif

Weird game. The pieces were there, but we never got into much of a rhythm other than feeding Jack and having him go head-on into defenders. I was BAFFLED at the amount of times we played the ball back when we had clear space ahead of us, with the main culprit being Maxi. I get that we want to possess and play through our distributor (Pirlo), but I think we wasted some chances at catching OCSC under-manned in the back by playing the possession game. Not too worried going forward. Florida's weird.
we were passing backwards with 30 seconds left in the game! If there was ever a time to hoof it into the box from anywhere that was it. Coaches must have really drilled it into their heads to possess the ball that they couldn't seem to do anything else.

we were passing backwards with 30 seconds left in the game! If there was ever a time to hoof it into the box from anywhere that was it. Coaches must have really drilled it into their heads to possess the ball that they couldn't seem to do anything else.

It was like we were protecting a lead. We went from a 4-3-3 to 3-5-2. Did it matter if we lost 2-0 or 1-0?! I wanted to see balls out trying to steal a point. Hard to be balls out when you sub Tommy & Shelton in though.

I am holding onto the fact that this is the first time we fielded our starting 11. We dominated, but showed some growing pains.

Reactions: Ulrich
I remember the same thing happened in an early season loss last year, and it might very well have been the 1-0 loss to Orlando.

It was like we were protecting a lead. We went from a 4-3-3 to 3-5-2. Did it matter if we lost 2-0 or 1-0?! I wanted to see balls out trying to steal a point. Hard to be balls out when you sub Tommy & Shelton in though.
On your last sentence here, I kind of agree with you, but....

I actually thought Tommy played decent. Orlando started bunkering back and he played some dangerous long balls that opened things up. I still don't think he should start, and I wasn't excited about him subbing in, but I thought he was alright when subbed in. The one long ball in particular should have led to a goal if Shelton crossed it to a wide open Maxi in front of an empty net.

On the Khiry sub...sigh. He was pitiful. The only problem is, what else do you do? I liked what I saw out of Wallace, but he was on a yellow and getting close to a second. He needed to come out, but who do you bring in? I suppose we could have brought in Okoli on for him earlier and that would have been better. But with JLew not available and Camargo not in the 18, we didn't have a ton of options to bring on. I think Khiry maybe should have been the last sub in to at least provide speed against tired legs.

I'm not really happy with the Khiry sub in total, but I guess I just get why it happened this game. Though that brings up the question as to what is going on with Camargo. If he was a healthy scratch, then I don't get it at all.

Those of you complaining about Pirlo, iirc Kaka got injured after contact from behind with Pirlo so he took out their best player to make it easier for the team and the team couldn't take it home.

Reactions: NickA
Though that brings up the question as to what is going on with Camargo. If he was a healthy scratch, then I don't get it at all.
Is it possible he just wasn't ready? I think he played in parts of 2 preseason games for a total of less than 90 minutes. Did anybody who suited up play less in the preseason?

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Does going 3-4-3 with the third CB being more of a stopper in Herrera with the midfield being the same as Orlando's lineup+ Mata out wide on the left to interchange with Wallace work better? I don't think I can handle anymore RJ

Anywhere where Mata doesn't have to defend works. The guy has been watching his highlight tapes, he's looking for 1-2 highlight plays (ooh, watch me zoom up the sideline! Dribble a guy from the back!) instead of defending.

Put him as a WB in 3-5-2 or outside mid in 3-4-3. Anywhere but on the back line.