Orlando Postmatch

That goal was a sweet cross and a sweet finish, you guys always want to find the blame on every goal. That was just quality.

I don't particularly like the long ball style of play we always do with pirlo. But I thought he was fine. Wallace linked up really nicely with matarrita on the wing.

Lots of good, bad luck finishing. If you don't like that, you are watching the wrong sport. It happens more in soccer than any other sport.

I don't have any problems with the subs Patrick made. Those are the guys you put on the pitch to try and grab that last goal to get a result. Tommy played well, and was a starter for us all last season - he distributes well in tight spaces and can hit a long goal if left open. Khiry did not play as well, but he's the guy who came off the bench and was the difference in getting a result 3 times at the end of last season. It makes total sense to put him in there. Okoli provided a big threat, as we all saw.

I don't get why people were asking for a defensive player (Herrera) or a guy not in the 18 and with zero track record (Camargo).

Via r/MLS

There should be a one year ban for the first two and a lifetime ban for the last person

WSTyiQbl.jpg

Hate to be *that guy* but can we at least wait for them to be convicted before we get the outrage machine all fired up? I didn't see what happened, but the video that's out there is inconclusive at best as to what went down. And while I would never condone any of the crimes listed above, I don't think the shambolic situation outside the stadium caused by the police and OCSC staff should be overlooked when we talk about how we prevent this kind of thing.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
That goal was a sweet cross and a sweet finish, you guys always want to find the blame on every goal. That was just quality.

I don't particularly like the long ball style of play we always do with pirlo. But I thought he was fine. Wallace linked up really nicely with matarrita on the wing.

Lots of good, bad luck finishing. If you don't like that, you are watching the wrong sport. It happens more in soccer than any other sport.
Well, RJ completely botched a tackle when the ball was right there for the taking. So he could have easily cut it out.

And losing the man at the back post does happen all the time, but damn was it awful how bad it was there.

He was ball watching like a champ.

Last edited:
On your last sentence here, I kind of agree with you, but....

I actually thought Tommy played decent. Orlando started bunkering back and he played some dangerous long balls that opened things up. I still don't think he should start, and I wasn't excited about him subbing in, but I thought he was alright when subbed in. The one long ball in particular should have led to a goal if Shelton crossed it to a wide open Maxi in front of an empty net.

On the Khiry sub...sigh. He was pitiful. The only problem is, what else do you do? I liked what I saw out of Wallace, but he was on a yellow and getting close to a second. He needed to come out, but who do you bring in? I suppose we could have brought in Okoli on for him earlier and that would have been better. But with JLew not available and Camargo not in the 18, we didn't have a ton of options to bring on. I think Khiry maybe should have been the last sub in to at least provide speed against tired legs.

I'm not really happy with the Khiry sub in total, but I guess I just get why it happened this game. Though that brings up the question as to what is going on with Camargo. If he was a healthy scratch, then I don't get it at all.

I was kind of thinking the opposite today. Maybe the team was better off having Tommy start and bringing Wallace in at the 60 minute mark.

I thought the chant was great. Luda is a big deal in down south. People complain that American supporters are just English wannabes, but will also complain when they come up with a great locally inspired chant?

Well, RJ completely botched a tackle when the ball was right there for the taking. So he could have easily cut it out.

And losing the man at the back post does happen all the time, but damn was it awful how bad it was there.

He was ball watching like a champ.
FOUND GLENN CROOKS

Maybe this means they'll have a rivalry with ATL now since that's Luda is ATL's.

I hope so. I was listing to Sirius pregame driving home and everyone from Orlando kept saying we were their rival. Just stop already, we don't give a F. NJ is our rival. Your 2000 miles away, almost half the league is closer than we are. Leave us alone. It's like getting on a bus at the same stop as someone and they are now your best friend. It's getting awkward real quick.

The affraying was with the cop. The other guy took the cops back and put him in a rear naked choke. That explains the raised charges for him.

The Orlando fans didn't get locked up because they sprinted out of there. In and out, bing bang boom.

If you didn't put your hand on any cops or have cops spray you or back you up with their batons... you didn't get arrested.

Couple photos floating around of dude who got a couple whacks on his back. Not sure why he isn't celebrating the fact that he escaped without a charge.

I thought the chant was great. Luda is a big deal in down south. People complain that American supporters are just English wannabes, but will also complain when they come up with a great locally inspired chant?

Yeah, does it make me a bad person to be amused by that chant? Are people that stuck up about a swear word? What would they prefer?

*It's ok, I know it hurts*
*We've all been there*
*Staff please help that man*
*So the game can continue*
*Go! Team!*

I didn't mind this chant at all. Kinda clever.

I don't mind swearing in chants unless its uncreative such as "F*ck the Red Bulls" clap, clap, clap clap clap and such.

Reactions: NickA