Orlando Postmatch

Of course I was. But you are allowed to ocasionally kick the ball long from your goal kicks to the midfield/forwards. Do you really love conceding a throw in six yards out from your own goal kick?
We actually played more long balls today then any other game this year

And it was stupid. Spector and Redding draped themselves all over Villa and won every single one of those balls

i aint read anything else so here is hot take time: PV takes freaking forever to make subs....and Pirlo and Tmac cant be starters anymore....super subs. We looked so much better in last 20 mins....i know tired legs etc....but this energy can be used from the start.

i hope PV sees its time to bench our 21.

camargo and herrera to come in to starting XI

I thought the error was in playing a 433 with the wrong type of player in left wing. Tmac is a good cam, and played the way. As vieira said, he cut inside and played between the lines, like a cam does. That means we were like a lopsided 442. Pick a fucking formation, put the right guys in the positions and we can beat anyone.

Without a left wing, there was no overlap with the full back and Villa was all alone, and Harrison can get triple teamed.

Pirlo looks like an old man out there, he's not even trying this year. At least he cranked it up last year after he was criticized. His set pieces are the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. It's not even close. Oh well, just like fat Frank, people will come to see him play, who cares if we lose.

I thought the error was in playing a 433 with the wrong type of player in left wing.

This. Our strength has been our attack. We lose Matarrita to injury and instead of adjusting at the back, you pull a key component of our attack to play LB!? Ridiculous. I figured we'd lose going into his game and I knew it when I saw Wallace at LB.

I strongly believe that RJ should have played at LB and Wallace should have stayed in his place here.

Reactions: Kjbert
This has nothing to do with the play on the field, but watching the game on tv, I was so frustrated by how often the cameras would pan to a player or one of the coaches, and just stayed zoomed in on them while play resumed. And they would stay on that player or coach for a good minute or two. All the while, we are missing the live action going on.

Rivalry Record (Orlando and Red Bulls, 3 times played each in '15 & '16, 2 Orlando in '17): 2W 2D 10L

Reactions: BossNYC
Rivalry Record (Orlando and Red Bulls, 3 times played each in '15 & '16, 2 Orlando in '17): 2W 2D 10L

I was thinking about this earlier today. This team is so clearly better than last season, but it still feels like a fragile position. The sense stalks me that we're always set somehow to lose big or "narrative" games. It'll take a couple winning seasons, I think, where we aren't playing with one or two obvious weak links in the XI, before I can shake that feeling.

Just watched the full game on my DVR ...........OKAY Here are my thoughts ........When Andrea plays it's all about Thought and less action . He's the team Father on the pitch trying his best to put out what's going on in that very complex head of his . It's not easy to do this to a bunch of kids who don't get it !

This Is The Problem in a New York Nutshell !! .....The action pace and risk taking goes up a thousand % when he's off the pitch . Patrick and the Big Boy's at the Office want Both . This is why he play's . The problem is how one balances these 2 schools that are completely opposite work for the Teams Good ! I Beg This Jury to think on that when your kicking My Andrea like a dog with flees . Thank You !

David Batman Villa continues to amaze even if the effort didn't have a winning purpose. He was most certainly a marked man by an incompetent Ref staff .....I found it very funny the split second The Boy Toy John Stertzer took to the pitch for his first Yankee Stadium appearance we got the Goal .

Andrea and Tommy looked so dejected when they came off to sit on the bench . Poor Baby's like being told they can't have desert until they eat there dinner first . Well this is it folks .

Just watched the full game on my DVR ...........OKAY Here are my thoughts ........When Andrea plays it's all about Thought and less action . He's the team Father on the pitch trying his best to put out what's going on in that very complex head of his . It's not easy to do this to a bunch of kids who don't get it !

This Is The Problem in a New York Nutshell !! .....The action pace and risk taking goes up a thousand % when he's off the pitch . Patrick and the Big Boy's at the Office want Both . This is why he play's . The problem is how one balances these 2 schools that are completely opposite work for the Teams Good ! I Beg This Jury to think on that when your kicking My Andrea like a dog with flees . Thank You !

David Batman Villa continues to amaze even if the effort didn't have a winning purpose. He was most certainly a marked man by an incompetent Ref staff .....I found it very funny the split second The Boy Toy John Stertzer took to the pitch for his first Yankee Stadium appearance we got the Goal .

Andrea and Tommy looked so dejected when they came off to sit on the bench . Poor Baby's like being told they can't have desert until they eat there dinner first . Well this is it folks .

There is well reasoned analysis under that writing. Good job.

I'll take phrases I thought I'd never say for 200 Alex.

Such a strange game to analyze. I thought we were flat as a pancake for the first hour or so, and yet two incredible saves from Bendik are all that came between us and three points. So how do you evaluate?

I thought we looked really bad the entire first half. It seemed like the link-up play wasn't there, like the ball wasn't getting from the backline to the frontline. I also thought the spacing between Wallace and the midfielders was totally out of whack. There were a number of times when Wallace would play a ball and either Maxi or Tommy were right on top of him. This didn't used to happen when Matarrita was back there. I think I'd rather give Allen a chance back there next game -- we were fine with him on the field last year, and I think he'd be a much better option. Allow Wallace to play his stronger position up front.

As for Harrison -- this kid is awesome to watch. There's a buzz in the Stadium every time the ball finds his feet. But I wish he'd take guys on more often. So frequently he just dribbles to the end-line and sends in a cross. Once today he tried cutting inside, and he got off a wicked shot that was about two feet from being the equalizer. I want to see him try that more. It worked a few times last year, and he's so good when he's going for goal.

Crowd seemed much bigger than 22,000, not sure what that's about. But it was a very quiet crowd. The team didn't give us a lot to cheer for over the first hour or so, but even after we made it 2-1, it was still mostly pretty quiet. Even the supporters' section seemed quieter than normal.

It's actually worse than that if you add the second division Cosmos.

PV also owns other dubious records like the NY Red Wedding (7-0) last season and the biggest loss margin in Playoff history (also 7 goals against TFC)

An enigmatic existence PV has at NYCFC. Very high and low.

I don't think the team works hard enough off the field.

You get a sense of it when they warm up for games. You see it today. They're joking around, going at half speed, not focusing, and going through the motions.

Not sharp in warm ups, not sharp in training, and this is what you get.

After the first goal from Villa they seemed to get up to speed but it was too late.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
This. Our strength has been our attack. We lose Matarrita to injury and instead of adjusting at the back, you pull a key component of our attack to play LB!? Ridiculous. I figured we'd lose going into his game and I knew it when I saw Wallace at LB.

I strongly believe that RJ should have played at LB and Wallace should have stayed in his place here.
You realize you just agreed with pretty much exactly what I said. Tommy has no place in our team as it exists.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ok. He SHOULD have a place. He either replaces Pirlo or we develop and incorporate him into a Plan B.
He can only play in a free role a la Lampard last year. There's no place for that in making our best 11 under PV's ideas. He's a complete liability otherwise. Did you not see him in midfield for the past 2.5 years? He can't, and I literally mean CANT, play there.