Patrick Vieira Appointed As NYCFC Coach

kreis wasn't the man. They accepted this and made a move they are fully entitled to make. Put the Kreis lotion & napkin down & walk away. It's done. He's gone. Accept it.
Just want to make it clear to the pro-CFG crowd how full of shit and double standards they really are.

Carry on.

one of the shortcuts is to basically keep banging at the edge of the rules, push them as far as they go, maintain good relations with the league officials, and work with the league to make things right. That's what LAG does and I think CFG has noted that.
It's debatable if CFG has noted that, but it’s being observed.

A little MLS history lesson

At the and of the 2012 season Chivas USA fired Robin Fraser. After a couple of interim coaches they then brought in Jose Luis Real. Who was the coach of their mother ship in Mexico.

He was fired later that year after finishing dead last.

According to the EOS article, Rob Vartughian will lead them in December camps and PR trip. My question is can Vartughian really expect the respect of the mighty DPs?
IF they travel. I'm wondering what the squad will end up being for that trip.

At the and of the 2012 season Chivas USA fired Robin Fraser. After a couple of interim coaches they then brought in Jose Luis Real. Who was the coach of their mother ship in Mexico.

Lots of people obviously never watched MLS before this year.

You might as well be speaking Latin. lol

They don't know Chivas USA or why you don't want to be like them.

Last edited:
Late to the party. So here are my thoughts as expressed by others:

Maybe Viera is a genuine talent, maybe he isn't. None of us can say until we see the season play out.
I don't give a shit about what fans of another team who already don't like us have to say
his job running an academy means he has an interest in developping players
I don't get the fuss about people not liking him
not sure 3 yr contract means 3 years stay
just checked with colleagues in France and they all say this is a great coach potential and they have been hoping he would be the future national team coach for them
Hopefully this means that Facey and Angelino stay
2016 is getting more exciting
I welcome him and I am excited for the future!

And then comments that I agree with in a positive way:

This is a big gamble
Gamble = good. Fuck the safe choice.
reinforcing the NYCFC 'farm team'

And why does anyone give a shit about the "farm team" issue. Talent is talent. If we get it from Man City or Juventus or the Russian national team, who cares? If it's easiest to get from Man City, take it!

And finally, one last reminder that any quotes like the one below should be prefaced with, "I fully believe that the team is still 100% behind Kreis and that is my main reason I think he shouldn't have been fired." After all, any reasoning to keep a coach whose team had roundly rejected him would be sheer craziness. Right?
This just makes me even further believe that Kreis was mainly canned so CFG could bring in their shill instead

It's debatable if CFG has noted that, but it’s being observed.
I agree it's not certain. But I think their SOP is to push the rules anyway. Plus I think there have been reports at least that they have pushed for speciall allowances on internation slots. I think they are working the refs, so to speak. What I'm less sure of is whether they have the guy with MLS connections/credibility/relationships to grease the wheels.

Huge difference between MLS-Liga MX and MLS-Premiership. This situation is straight up not going to happen like that. You honestly think CFG would put a coach who was only successful in MLS at the head of MCFC? This very well may be a stepping stone for him, but I fail to see the similarities in the situations other than there being "a mothership".

Reactions: Kjbert
Found a pic of our next coach (see attached pic) after Vieira gets called back mid-season

Attachments

• IMG_4924.jpg
    IMG_4924.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 27
Huge difference between MLS-Liga MX and MLS-Premiership. This situation is straight up not going to happen like that. You honestly think CFG would put a coach who was only successful in MLS at the head of MCFC? This very well may be a stepping stone for him, but I fail to see the similarities in the situations other than their being "a mothership".
Amazing analytics there as to how it's completely different.

If anything, Chivas had it easier. They could get their youth/reserves to LA easier than CFG will get their players under our salary cap.

Gamble = good. Fuck the safe choice.
There is never a safe choice in this sport. But there is a huge difference between gambling on someone like Capello who has a world class pedigree as a coach in Europe. And gambling on someone with zero coaching experience with Patrick Viera.