Playoffs Or #kreisout? You Decide.

Which of the following would you choose?

• Total voters

FootyLovin

No better obsession
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Feb 15, 2015
Sea Cliff NY
When reading a post about us still having a chance to make the playoffs, it got me really wondering about this question. DPs can have a big effect, but ultimately, no one player can save or sink a team. A coach on the other hand ...

So if we could choose the future, what would we choose? Do we want playoffs so much that another year of Kreis, even for the Kreis haters is worth it? Do we think Kreis is so damaging to players, fans and team that we'd willingly sacrifice our inaugural post-season, just to be rid of him?

When reading a post about us still having a chance to make the playoffs, it got me really wondering about this question. DPs can have a big effect, but ultimately, no one player can save or sink a team. A coach on the other hand ...

So if we could choose the future, what would we choose? Do we want playoffs so much that another year of Kreis, even for the Kreis haters is worth it? Do we think Kreis is so damaging to players, fans and team that we'd willingly sacrifice our inaugural post-season, just to be rid of him?
This needs a third option though: miss the playoff and Kreis stays on. I'm pretty much Kreis-neutral as it's the team's first season. The playoffs seemed like a cool thing we might be able to do but to me were never an expectation or a demand. I'd wait until the 3rd season before I'd say we could truly judge the coach's performance. At least give him one off-season to get some new players, rewatch the tapes a few dozen times, evaluate training practices, etc.

We're a new team, and at times we've played like one. Not going to lose my mind over that. It's just our first season.

I want us to miss the playoffs, and it's an easy decision. We're in the strange position of having enough talent, resources and infrastructure to become a legitimate contender, but at the same time having two or three fundamental problems that prevent us from being anywhere near that. Limping into the playoffs so we can extend our season by one week and get turned over by a team that actually earned it is not worth papering over the horrible cracks that stand in the way of long-term success. I want a fucking inquest at the end of this season, and I want heads to roll, including Kreis'.

I want us to miss the playoffs, and it's an easy decision. We're in the strange position of having enough talent, resources and infrastructure to become a legitimate contender, but at the same time having two or three fundamental problems that prevent us from being anywhere near that. Limping into the playoffs so we can extend our season by one week and get turned over by a team that actually earned it is not worth papering over the horrible cracks that stand in the way of long-term success. I want a fucking inquest at the end of this season, and I want heads to roll, including Kreis'.
An inquisition might be a bit much at this point. Now, I'm no fan of Kries', but he's in his first season with a team that seriously lacks continuity and has had very little time to gel. If he can't pull it together after next season I think his head should be rolling.

An inquisition might be a bit much at this point. Now, I'm no fan of Kries', but he's in his first season with a team that seriously lacks continuity and has had very little time to gel. If he can't pull it together after next season I think his head should be rolling.

In an ideal world I would agree with you, but I feel like the players (specifically some of the senior players in the squad) have no confidence in his abilities, and I fear once that happens the situation can only deteriorate over time.

Firing Kreis won't get us into the playoffs. There's no one available right now that is any good except Petke. But I'm pretty sure he'd rather retire completely than come here.

I'm pretty #KreisOut, but I will never cheer against my team. That's some "Let's Tank the Season so We Can Get Picks/LeBron" Knick fan insanity mentality right there.

Even if we get knocked out in the first round at least it is something to build on for next year. Ending the season 0-9 in order to get Kreis out of here would suck even if I agree with the end result.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
This guy and Gavin23 Gavin23 are really anti-NYCFC.

It's pretty disgusting they way they pull for NY to lose every week to settle some bizarre vendetta against Kreis.

***MELTDOWN ALERT***

Sorry man, can't speak for Gavin (who I don't know, and hasn't posted at all in this thread), but I want us to win every week. Unfortunately, I don't think we're magically going to win it all if we limp into the playoffs this year. So in the context of this magical, impossible, hypothetical scenario, I would rather Kreis get fired and have a comprehensive rebuild, than have us lurch into an unlikely playoff run that would almost certainly end with a comprehensive defeat at a very early stage. But your conspiracy theory is a cute one.

***MELTDOWN ALERT***

Sorry man, can't speak for Gavin (who I don't know, and hasn't posted at all in this thread), but I want us to win every week. Unfortunately, I don't think we're magically going to win it all if we limp into the playoffs this year. So in the context of this magical, impossible, hypothetical scenario, I would rather Kreis get fired and have a comprehensive rebuild, than have us lurch into an unlikely playoff run that would almost certainly end with a comprehensive defeat at a very early stage. But your conspiracy theory is a cute one.
Hey, I'm not the one accusing someone of being both "xenophobic" and "not against foreigners" at the same time.

You're clearly having a tough day. Best just to log off the internet and try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnusPax
There's no one available right now that is any good except Petke. But I'm pretty sure he'd rather retire completely than come here.

Genuine question - is there an MLS rule against foreign managers? Because there must be tons available who could surely be "persuaded" (hint: $$$$$$) to manage us. Seems like there's a dearth of American managerial talent available to us, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest that foreign managers can give a team an upper hand too.

Hey, I'm not the one accusing someone of being both xenophobic and not against foreigners at the same time.

You're clearly having a tough day. Best just to log off the internet and try again tomorrow.

If it's any consolation, I'm leaning more towards the idea that you're a xenophobic moron after all, but we can take that to the other thread, we've already moved on in here.

Genuine question - is there an MLS rule against foreign managers? Because there must be tons available who could surely be "persuaded" (hint: $$$$$$) to manage us. Seems like there's a dearth of American managerial talent available to us, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest that foreign managers can give a team an upper hand too.

Genuine answer -- if that's a genuine question, maybe you should get educated on MLS before you start spewing your opinions about how things should be operated with this team because you're pretty ignorant it seems.

Genuine answer -- if that's a genuine question, maybe you should get educated on MLS before you start spewing your opinions about how things should be operated with this team because you're pretty ignorant it seems.

Haha, well, that's kind of why I asked the question...

***MELTDOWN ALERT***

I didnt post in this thread your right. Nycfcfan is just an idiot. You should ignore him he is a vocal minority.