Playoffs Or #kreisout? You Decide.

Which of the following would you choose?

• Total voters
Kreis says don't give me DPs midseason they don't work.

What did CFG do in response? Lampard. Pirlo.

Kreis says don't give me an old DP with our 3rd DP.

CFG gives him Pirlo.

Noticing a trend?

He was winning in Salt Lake, where ownership respected his demands, and now he comes to NYCFC, where NYCFC is operating like Red Bull used to operate and now NYCFC is losing like Red Bull used to lose.

....and you idiots want to blame Kreis? :D:D:D:D:D:D

We almost deserve to lose Kreis and nothing will get better and you all will be like "I can't figure out what's wrong?!?!"
The season was over before the DPs arrived, while Poku sat the bench for Grabavoy. They let Kreis pick his players and we ended up with Nemec and Mendoza.

Please don't call people idiots on here

The season was over before the DPs arrived, while Poku sat the bench for Grabavoy. They let Kreis pick his players and we ended up with Nemec and Mendoza.

Please don't call people idiots on here
...except for that winning streak when the team showed signs of gelling but then...

We got a bunch of new players and it all went away again. Surprise, surprise.

Tank for first pick in MLS draft?

To go off what I said, it really might not be a bad idea. Is Jordan Morris subject to the draft or is he automatically going to Sounders? If not, he is #1 pick. After that is Joshua Yaro who is a outside defender that would have been a top 5 pick this past year too probably. Both those positions I would classify as needs for us in the offseason.

Obviously I would rather make the playoffs, but if it isn't gonna happen why not get the top pick in the draft?

If we end up with a top 3 pick in the SuperDraft we should definitely look at the Generation Adidas players that sign with the MLS prior to the draft. Not having to pay for their salary would help us out a little

Holy crap. I went away for a couple of days and came back to name calling about xenophobia and what constitutes a real fan.

Ease up everyone.

For clarity, I believe pretty much everyone here is a real fan of NYCFC. If you aren't and you're still here, what a sad existence that must be. I posted the poll as a philosophical question. It's really a question about delayed gratification.

Of course I root for the club to win every game. I would never want the team to tank anything. If we are 10 points out of the playoffs on October 25 I will still be at YS screaming for a win against NE.

But do I think that playoffs this year mean years of underperformance with a poor coach? Do I think missing the playoffs this year and replacing that coach will yield us better performance in the next couple of years?

If yes, then why wouldn't I vote to miss the playoffs?

I'll make it even easier. Would you trade playoffs this year and mid-table results and zero trophies over the next 5 years for no playoffs this year and a deep playoff run in years 3, 4 and 5 with at least 1 trophy.

I'd chose the trophy route. I don't think that makes me not a real fan.

Reactions: Gavin23
Hes 61 years old. Hes not even at the traditional retirement age in most countries....
People retire at such old ages in most countries because they can't afford to retire. With him being such a highly-rated coach, he has quite a high paycheck. He's going to retire soon.

People retire at such old ages in most countries because they can't afford to retire. With him being such a highly-rated coach, he has quite a high paycheck. He's going to retire soon.
Well that's a load of crap, if you'll pardon my French. Maybe he's still coaching because that's what he loves to do, and can't imagine ever stopping if he doesn't have to. And there's no reason he can't keep coaching for 20 more years if he feels like it, especially if he keeps on winning.

Reactions: Gavin23
Tank for first pick in MLS draft?

What kind of picks do we even have left? Didn't we blow a shitload of our 2016 picks on guys like Brovsky and Siriboe? I believe we got Poku through a 2017 pick, so they weren't all bad, but what do we actually have left for 2016?

Reactions: BxLio91
I'd really like to know how much Kreis is getting per year on his contract. I'm sure he's the highest paid first year coach in MLS.

There must be better suited coaches out there.
In my opinion, being a new club means we really have to catch the imagination - either by being entertainers, or eye catching performances (at least show intention of improvement)
How many of these will Kreis achieve ?

I'd really like to know how much Kreis is getting per year on his contract. I'm sure he's the highest paid first year coach in MLS.

He bought his house in this area for $3mn, so I would guess he makes more than Mix.

There must be better suited coaches out there.
In my opinion, being a new club means we really have to catch the imagination - either by being entertainers, or eye catching performances (at least show intention of improvement)
How many of these will Kreis achieve ?
His chances of achieving any of them seem similar to the chances of the dude in your avatar being capable of walking in a straight line at the time the pic was taken.

His chances of achieving any of them seem similar to the chances of the dude in your avatar being capable of walking in a straight line at the time the pic was taken.

Man alive! :p:p
That was me sober!

Back to Jk, his coaching success came early on In his managerial career, how's he done since.

Reactions: BxLio91