Special Event Nov 13th

Is anyone shut out of the event that WANTS to go? I was picked for the Twitter responders and have a funeral now to attend tomorrow. It is one spot available. I am happy to respond back to them with the name of one of our supporters here. That way, we all know at least that someone uses it.

So pumped about this. I'm leaving my job next Wednesday, and tomorrow is my birthday. I put a big block on my calendar for a "meeting" from 10:30-12:30. Even if I do miss anything at work, it really won't matter. What a great week this is going to be. Seeing David Villa live will be such an amazing thing - I mean, it's DAVID VILLA. Guy's a freaking living legend.

I really hope David Villa will be there. I don't see why not tho. Unless he definitely is and I missed something.

So I am now attending tomorrow. Doing the Wake instead.

I have my confirmation. And I am allowed to bring a guest they said.

Does anyone that wants to go that hasn't been confirmed want to join me?

I really hope David Villa will be there. I don't see why not tho. Unless he definitely is and I missed something.

Why wouldn't he be? Makes total sense for him to unveil the jersey. Plus, he was in the invite. I think NYCFC is telling us something.

NYCFC just tweeted this image and wrote "Squad shirts being prepared. #NYCFCRevealed".

What's interesting here is that the letters are dark, which means the shirt can't be navy blue. If these are indeed the letters for the jerseys, then it means we're getting a sky blue or white jersey. The mystery continues...

NYCFC_2014-Nov-12.jpg

Last edited:
NYCFC just tweeted this image and wrote "Squad shirts being prepared. #NYCFCRevealed".

What's interesting here is that the letters are dark, which means the shirt can't be navy blue. If these are indeed the letters for the jerseys, then it means we're getting a sky blue or white jersey. The mystery continues...

View attachment 726
Damn. We got played haha

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
I still think the sky blue home jersey is a mistake. Everyone knows we're part of the city group. Going with a navy blue and white(yankee colors) for home and white with sky blue stripes for the away was the best way to go. Especially reflecting the color distribution on the crest. They're not doing anything to dispel the farm team narrative and even Mel City is different enough.

Is anyone shut out of the event that WANTS to go? I was picked for the Twitter responders and have a funeral now to attend tomorrow. It is one spot available. I am happy to respond back to them with the name of one of our supporters here. That way, we all know at least that someone uses it.
I need a ticket bad!!!
My email is actschaefer@gmail.com, thnx

Reactions: Kjbert
I still think the sky blue home jersey is a mistake. Everyone knows we're part of the city group. Going with a navy blue and white(yankee colors) for home and white with sky blue stripes for the away was the best way to go. Especially reflecting the color distribution on the crest. They're not doing anything to dispel the farm team narrative and even Mel City is different enough.

Do they all, though? Sure, the hardcore MLS fans do, and anyone who puts the time in will, but when you consider that football is still an up-and-coming sport in the US and that a large number of the new fans of this club are likely to be people who either never paid MLS any attention before or at least never made anything more than a mild connection - especially the young kids NYCFC will want to reach out to - are they really all aware? I mean, I've seen plenty of people on social media ask rookie questions about NYCFC, such as not knowing about the Yankee Stadium deal. I periodically look at #nycfc and for months after the team's announcement I saw new tweets saying "wait, there's a new team in NYC now?" I know for sure that there are still a lot of MCFC fans over here who have never heard of NYCFC. I reckon that if you were to sample the NYCFC fanbase of 5 years' time, at least half of them wouldn't know of the CFG connection right now.

Of course, I'm not US-based, so I'm going off instinct and intuition, but I reckon I'm not far wrong. Also, don't mistake this post for me saying that I am arguing for a stronger link to CFG. Obviously I'd be happy for one but I'll accept it either way. I just think you're shooting wide of the mark by claiming that everyone knows there is a connection between MCFC and NYCFC.

Do they all, though? Sure, the hardcore MLS fans do, and anyone who puts the time in will, but when you consider that football is still an up-and-coming sport in the US and that a large number of the new fans of this club are likely to be people who either never paid MLS any attention before or at least never made anything more than a mild connection - especially the young kids NYCFC will want to reach out to - are they really all aware? I mean, I've seen plenty of people on social media ask rookie questions about NYCFC, such as not knowing about the Yankee Stadium deal. I periodically look at #nycfc and for months after the team's announcement I saw new tweets saying "wait, there's a new team in NYC now?" I know for sure that there are still a lot of MCFC fans over here who have never heard of NYCFC. I reckon that if you were to sample the NYCFC fanbase of 5 years' time, at least half of them wouldn't know of the CFG connection right now.

Of course, I'm not US-based, so I'm going off instinct and intuition, but I reckon I'm not far wrong. Also, don't mistake this post for me saying that I am arguing for a stronger link to CFG. Obviously I'd be happy for one but I'll accept it either way. I just think you're shooting wide of the mark by claiming that everyone knows there is a connection between MCFC and NYCFC.
Most soccer fans in NYC are fans of European clubs. A large number of those are epl fans. Man City fans are a minority of those. So the less Man City clone we look the better it will be for this club to be successful. Otherwise, it's not about NYCFC being a legit NYC club and more about Man City feeder team/ ffp cheat code. For the club to be embraced by the maximum number of people, it needs to be NYC. It's that simple.

Most soccer fans in NYC are fans of European clubs. A large number of those are epl fans. Man City fans are a minority of those. So the less Man City clone we look the better it will be for this club to be successful. Otherwise, it's not about NYCFC being a legit NYC club and more about Man City feeder team/ ffp cheat code. For the club to be embraced by the maximum number of people, it needs to be NYC. It's that simple.

Oh I don't doubt. Due to personal bias I've been somewhat more willing to overlook shirt colour, but I completely agree that the team needs its own identity. As I say, I'm not trying to suggest that NYCFC should look like an MCFC clone. I just am not sure I agree with the idea that everyone who comes across NYCFC is going to automatically be aware of the links with CFG. You may well be right that there are more down sides to sharing colours than up sides, but I can see why they might think it has justification.