WC Qualifiers - 2022

Gudi starting for Iceland against Romania today. 0-0 at the half. ESPN+.

And no Mitrita, in case you were wondering.

lol. romania really obvious time wasting. it's so sad that such a beautiful sport has such bs tactics.

Just found out the game starts at fucking 10:05. Why the hell do these pricks think anyone on the east coast is watching the whole damn game? Asshats.

Reactions: Shwafta
Just found out the game starts at fucking 10:05. Why the hell do these pricks think anyone on the east coast is watching the whole damn game? Asshats.

The game is in El Salvador which is 2 hours behind, meaning the 10pm start time is 8pm start time in El Salvador. Which is fair on a thursday night game, maybe 7:30 earliest, 7 is pushing it. Tell me that if the game was in NY and it started any earlier than 7, and you'd be okay with that? No time for anyone to arrive at the stadium. If you look at the USA home games, they are all at more feasible times for the east coast. 8, 7:30, and 7. (which the 7:30 one is in Austin, meaning it's kicking off at 6:30. Crazy on a weeknight! Panama game is 9:05 which is 8:05 in Panama. Honduras is the same time zone as El Salvador.
1630624425835.png

I don't think it's fair to call El Salvador or CONCACAF "asshats" for making the kickoff time at a home game fan friendly time of 8pm. After all, this is an El Salvador home game, not a USMNT home game.

The game is in El Salvador which is 2 hours behind, meaning the 10pm start time is 8pm start time in El Salvador. Which is fair on a thursday night game, maybe 7:30 earliest, 7 is pushing it. Tell me that if the game was in NY and it started any earlier than 7, and you'd be okay with that? No time for anyone to arrive at the stadium. If you look at the USA home games, they are all at more feasible times for the east coast. 8, 7:30, and 7. (which the 7:30 one is in Austin, meaning it's kicking off at 6:30. Crazy on a weeknight! Panama game is 9:05 which is 8:05 in Panama. Honduras is the same time zone as El Salvador.
View attachment 11411

I don't think it's fair to call El Salvador or CONCACAF "asshats" for making the kickoff time at a home game fan friendly time of 8pm. After all, this is an El Salvador home game, not a USMNT home game.
Canada has 0 10pm Eastern games. Mexica has 1, and they don’t even have an eastern time zone.
This also happened repeatedly in the Nations League and Gold Cup which we hosted.
Fuck this shit and those asshats.

Canada has 0 10pm Eastern games. Mexica has 1, and they don’t even have an eastern time zone.
This also happened repeatedly in the Nations League and Gold Cup which we hosted.
Fuck this shit and those asshats.

*Yet. Of the games that already have times scheduled:
Canada: Two of their games are home games (so they can schedule for early times) and one in Mexico which starts at 9:40... which is almost 10. (though i will admit, 9:40 is a strange start time)
Mexico: All four weekday games are pretty late, 9 (this is the earliest one. I'll concede this one), 9:40, 10, and 10. The two early ones are on the weekend so it's possible to start early.

So with that I ask, what's your threshold for "late" ? 9? 9:30? 8:30?

I guarantee you when Canada / Mexico play their away games at those places on a weekday, those ones are also going to be 10 start time.
Canada plays honduras, costa rica, and el salvador away on weekdays. If those are not 9:30-10pm start times, feel free to come back to me and say I was wrong.

Nations League and Gold Cup I was annoyed too because it's also in the united states, but for the world cup qualifying I don't understand your complaints. It's pretty consistent across the teams.

A lot of this comes from how the games are licensed. The home team has licensing rights, which is why you end up with games on weird networks - and Honduras on no network. I think it contributes to time zone problems too - but who knows whether CBS/Paramount tried to push them in any particular direction regarding a start time.

Time zones are why people want to believe in a flat earth. Because if the earth were flat we wouldn't need them.

On the other hand, time zones kept me from watching that snoozer last night, so I guess they're not all bad.

Time zones are why people want to believe in a flat earth. Because if the earth were flat we wouldn't need them.

On the other hand, time zones kept me from watching that snoozer last night, so I guess they're not all bad.
Nah they believe that the sun like rotates counter clockwise or something and that's why we have time zones ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If Iceland loses to Armenia today, they would be eliminated from the World Cup. Wonder if that would impact roster call ups for future matches and whether or not Gudi would be called up.

Going to include CONCACAF in general in here.

I think this gif perfectly describes the Canada v Mexico game right now:

giphy.gif

Wow I didn't see this thread exists. Could you move my posts from the UEFA qualifiers to here? Ty!
It was originally just UEFA, but then Concacaf was brought into the mix so I updated the title.

I don't remember where your posts are...would you send me a link to the forum?

Reactions: Shwafta