WC Qualifiers - 2022

It was originally just UEFA, but then Concacaf was brought into the mix so I updated the title.

I don't remember where your posts are...would you send me a link to the forum?
Oh. Then this is the same thread, then! They're the ones right above you. I didn't scroll up to notice that

European qualifiers were drawn today.
1637947132097.png

One of portugal and italy will not make the world cup.

Also CONCACAF plays OFC
1637947154366.png

...Also this happened, more than once (though I didn't record the second time), and I am getting such a freakin' kick out of it and I hope you all love it as much as I do:

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH
View attachment 11584

Also CONCACAF plays OFC
View attachment 11585

...Also this happened, more than once (though I didn't record the second time), and I am getting such a freakin' kick out of it and I hope you all love it as much as I do:

hope italy wins out and qualifies. when they are on, they play a wonderful game that's based on the collective. portugal would have been out already had it not been for ronaldo saving them.

Reactions: Schwallacus
View attachment 11584

Also CONCACAF plays OFC
View attachment 11585

I honestly don’t understand the top graphic. It looks, for example, like Scotland plays Ukraine and they’re both home, while Wales plays Austria, both of them Away. Then the winners play each other but nobody knows where. Obviously that’s wrong but it’s what the graphic shows. What is actually happening?

Last edited:
Reactions: SoupInNYC
Scotland plays Ukraine, and the winner will be the away team against the winner of the Wales v Austria match.

Scotland plays Ukraine, and the winner will be the away team against the winner of the Wales v Austria match.
That was maybe my third level choice. Knowing this now, this is a graphic that was designed to be clever and reflect the live draw more than convey the results. Once they dropped the left=home convention and put H/A designations in the middle of the line connecting two teams everything became a guess. Thanks

Last edited:
I honestly don’t understand the top graphic. It looks, for example, like Scotland plays Ukraine and they’re both home, while Wales plays Austria, both of them Away. Then the winners play each other but nobody knows where. Obviously that’s wrong but it’s what the graphic shows. What is actually happening?
Yeah, took me awhile on that graphic as well to figure out what was happening.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Poland and Sweden have announced they will refuse to play Russia in the next set of games in March.

*I didn't read the article*

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The Kremlin obviously deserves plenty of flak, but do the Russian athletes, fans, and the entire soccer infrastructure deserve the heat for the Kremlin's actions? FIFA has always made it a priority to separate government, politics and the game from each other. Our government has surely done things I'm not proud of, id be furious if our national team took the punishment for that.

The article may have covered this, but I hope they (the players) at the least allow the matches to be played in a neutral site, perhaps with a method of directing revenues to humanitarian aid.

Last edited:
Poland and Sweden have announced they will refuse to play Russia in the next set of games in March.

what happens when Poland refuses to show up against Russia in the first game? Does Poland forfeit then and Russia gets the victory? That doesn’t seem right.

what happens when Poland refuses to show up against Russia in the first game? Does Poland forfeit then and Russia gets the victory? That doesn’t seem right.

as of right now, yes.

but it will depend on what FIFA does between now and then. They have banned countries in the past for less.

*I didn't read the article*

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The Kremlin obviously deserves plenty of flak, but do the Russian athletes, fans, and the entire soccer infrastructure deserve the heat for the Kremlin's actions? FIFA has always made it a priority to separate government, politics and the game from each other. Our government has surely done things I'm not proud of, id be furious if our national team took the punishment for that.

The article may have covered this, but I hope they (the players) at the least allow the matches to be played in a neutral site, perhaps with a method of directing revenues to humanitarian aid.

You should read the article before posting this.

They just don't want to play *in* Russia due to danger. Neutral site is the proposition.

You should read the article before posting this.

They just don't want to play *in* Russia due to danger. Neutral site is the proposition.

Did you read the article?

"Sweden's soccer federation later joined Poland's call, saying in a statement they will not play against Russia "regardless of where the match is played" "

Did you read the article?

"Sweden's soccer federation later joined Poland's call, saying in a statement they will not play against Russia "regardless of where the match is played" "
oh. That's a silly on me then.
I had read yesterday that they would play in a neutral venue.

Just looked it up and I found this:

Initially those teams released a statement that they would not travel to Russia for these matches leaving FIFA with a decision to make. Now they've taken their stance even further.

"In light of the escalation of the Russian Federation's aggression against Ukraine, the Polish national team is not going to play a match against the Russian Republic," federation president Cezary Kulesza said on Twitter.

Sorry 4 413Blue

FIFA says Russia can play; imposes cosmetic penalties. Poland, Sweden, Czech Republic and England say FU, FIFA, hope you enjoy playing chicken.