2 Trialists At Training This Week?

NotAlexis

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 30, 2014
Manhattan
www.youtube.com
Does anyone know who they were? The one dude was a slender darker black dude with a wide faux hawk kind of a haircut (think Zardes without the bleaching). I asked Kreis about them but he said one was a trialist and the other was a UVA mens soccer player who was training with the club. The guy I'm talking about looked young so I assume it's him. I looked through UVA's roster and one dude name Opoku is from NY but I can't tell from the photo's if that was him.

Whoever that dude was he was incredible. Great touch, great spacing, great vision. Anyone have any idea who he was?

Does anyone know who they were? The one dude was a slender darker black dude with a wide faux hawk kind of a haircut (think Zardes without the bleaching). I asked Kreis about them but he said one was a trialist and the other was a UVA mens soccer player who was training with the club. The guy I'm talking about looked young so I assume it's him. I looked through UVA's roster and one dude name Opoku is from NY but I can't tell from the photo's if that was him.

Whoever that dude was he was incredible. Great touch, great spacing, great vision. Anyone have any idea who he was?

I'm pretty sure they've brought in a few guys all year long just for training purposes, like some college guys.

The fact that there was a trialist on the field is interesting though. I think Kreis said in an interview after Pirlo that they were looking at one other guy, but thinks they have already done enough in this window. Maybe it's a depth guy they are still looking at.

Reactions: Kjbert

edward.jpg

Here's a pic of Opoku I found from his high school days is this him? If so he'll be a freshman this year at Virginia

Kwad-wo, Kwad-wo, Kwad-w0, Kwad-wo, Kwad-wo, Kwad-wo, Kwad-wo POKU!
Ed-ward, Ed-ward, Ed-ward, Ed-ward, Ed-ward, Ed-ward, Ed-ward OPOKU!

We may be eyeing him as a draft pick down the line. Those parents are going to make him stay in school until he graduates. MLS doesn't pay the big bucks, Edward!

Reactions: JayH
edward.jpg

Here's a pic of Opoku I found from his high school days is this him? If so he'll be a freshman this year at Virginia
I saw this and it doesn't strike me like it's the guy I saw but that was HS

Also, I asked Poku how to pronounce his first name and he said "Kwa-dju" Just an FYI for the Kolo song if w ever do it for him, which we absolutely should

No pics?

I wish I had taken a better picture of him. His back was to us most of the time since he played the line. This was the best one I had.

Attachments

• 20150729_103456.jpg
    20150729_103456.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: NYCFC_Dan