2015 Concacaf Gold Cup Thread

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Gold Cup action kicks off next week with USA vs. Honduras and Panama vs. Haiti on July 7th. Breaking news from today's friendly between Mexico and Honduras, Chicharito has a broken collarbone and will miss the tournament.

I will be going to the Cuba vs. Trinidad and Tabago and Mexico vs. Guatemala game in Phoenix, Arizona on July 12th!

I had no idea that one ticket got you into 2 games when I decided to buy my ticket. It should be an awesome day!

I have tickets for the Quarter games on July 19th. Definitely going to be a long beer filled day. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Z4CH3B99
USA have a friendly tomorrow vs. Guatemala at 7pm. Michael Bradley has been given the captain's armband for that game and the tournament.

Why isn't Tim Howard even on the provisional roster the Gold Cup? He's only 35.

Why isn't Tim Howard even on the provisional roster the Gold Cup? He's only 35.
He is temporarily retired from the USMNT. I think the deal was no action through this summer and then reevaluate. This guarantees first team minutes during actual tournament time for another GK.

Which team do you guys think will reach the final? Who do you think will win it all and by what score?

I'm gonna bet Honduras makes a run deep into the tournament

He is temporarily retired from the USMNT. I think the deal was no action through this summer and then reevaluate. This guarantees first team minutes during actual tournament time for another GK.

i wonder if his auto biography will have a negative effect on him being called up any more. I didnt read the book but i heard that he kinda criticized Jurgen's management style?

Reactions: FootyLovin
A couple of free agents at the gold cup, wonder if we can send some scouts to see if we can recruit more talent.

This includes someone who I talk about alot on here, rodolph austin. But sadly, looks like he will be signing for another championship team. maybe we can have pirlo, villa, and lampard talk to him and change his mind ; )

Wasn't able to catch anything but the last 2 minutes and stoppage time of the game.

The highlight reel made it look like the USMNT were lucky to squeak by with the 2-1 win.

Did mix play?

Lucky is an overstatement but we were certainly not dominant. Honduras had a lot of good chances and put many of them off-target. Altidore looked like he caught Alex Morgan's I-can-make-my-own-chances-but-not-finish flu.