2015 Offseason Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted about Ozzie in the "Players Wanted" thread and said the same. I wouldn't trade Mix for him straight up, maybe Ozzie and Roldan for Mix? That seems like asking way to much though.
I agree, straight-up feels like a bad long-term move given the difference in age, though I think Ozzie is a better fit for us right now. I suppose it turns on whether you think Mix can step-up in 2017 once Lampard and Pirlo are either gone or at least fading.

Sign me up for Ozzie.

If you have Pirlo and Lamps in your midfield, Ozzie fits a much bigger need as a central CDM than a box-to-box like Mix. Salaries are comparable, could work out a trade with allocation $$ coming this way to buy down Ozzie.

Ozzie + $400K allocation for Mix straight up. Win-win.

just throwing this out there. Does anyone follow NASL? are there any other diamonds in the rough out there? maybe find another poku or a better defender?

I don't follow NASL but I do follow the USMNT so I know that Miguel Ibarra played for Minnesota United when he got called up to the USMNT and then shortly thereafter transferred to Léon in Liga MX. So, there are definitely some quality players in that league to be had (probably just a few to be honest but they are there).

Reactions: Christopher Jee
If you have Pirlo and Lamps in your midfield, Ozzie fits a much bigger need as a central CDM than a box-to-box like Mix. Salaries are comparable, could work out a trade with allocation $$ coming this way to buy down Ozzie.

Ozzie + $400K allocation for Mix straight up. Win-win.

A few weeks ago I specifically asked Mix what his preferred role in our midfield would be and he said a 6 (a role he has played well on a couple of occasions for the USMNT). He never got to play that position next to Pirlo this year though because of Kreis and his obsession with playing Jacobson (who is not a 6) there every fucking game.

Alonso is solid and CDM is a need, but I'm not sure why you trade Mix for him. Mix is 5 years younger, and while his position on the field is crowded now, it won't be after next season.

Alonso like Pirlo is a deep midfielder rather than a defensive one. He is great at passing the ball, but lacks pace and can't tackle like he used to. A defensive midfielder is someone who can break up play. Out of the players at the club, I would say Mix and Poku would be best suited to doing that job. However, their main strengths are going forward.

Reactions: Kjbert
No chance. I think Villa absolutely loves NY, by the way. He's taken full advantage of all the City has to offer, and in a refreshing way, too. We've been lucky to have guys that are only talked about as going to parks, shows, events, etc. moreso than bars, clubs and the like. Always bodes well.

I worked at a Turkish restaurant on the side for a few months and they were all Galatassaray fans. I wouldn't put too much credence to this rumor. I was told that they were getting Robben, Rooney, Ribery, and Yaya Toure in the summer transfer window and they were dead serious. Pretty sure they only ended up with Podolski who isn't even close to that level.

Alonso like Pirlo is a deep midfielder rather than a defensive one. He is great at passing the ball, but lacks pace and can't tackle like he used to. A defensive midfielder is someone who can break up play. Out of the players at the club, I would say Mix and Poku would be best suited to doing that job. However, their main strengths are going forward.
I actually always thought of Ozzie as a destroyer who had good athleticism and was a bit nasty in the tackle. Has his game changed that much (or am I that wrong)?

Status
Not open for further replies.