Status
Not open for further replies.
Two new faces at training:

This GK:

12219504_518652701641524_5091671074536403593_n.jpg

This defender:

11988415_518652768308184_6084412001102485440_n.jpg

12234874_518652838308177_3315305222524459462_n.jpg

The GK is Rawls. Think he cut his hair shorter.

Good catch. As soon as I googled him I saw that he played with Wilmington, but I had to dig a little to figure out how he was selected in the SuperDraft by NYCFC (news to me). Apparently I never caught the third and fourth rounds -- they were held a week later than the first two, via teleconference. We selected Rawls and a forward, Markus Naglestad

They frequent here. If they want to come out and take claim they can. I trust the Facey and I trust that Vieira wants the other two but they might not come to fruition. I can see City wanting first team minutes for Barker if they do hold him in such high regard. He'd definitely get it here as we lack a pacey winger. We saw what Angelino was able to do here to opposing defenses. Just had no one in the box.

Last edited:
They frequent here. If they want to come out and take claim they can. I trust the Facey and I trust that Vieira wants the other two but they might not come to fruition. I can see City wanting first team minutes for Barker if they do hold him in such high regard. He'd definitely get it here as we lack a packet winger. We saw what Facey was able to do here to opposing defenses. Just had no one in the box.
You mean Angelino right?

Would be a great pickup. We need guys who play more naturally out wide, and the thought of him behind Villa... thickening...

How do you play them at the same time, assuming they're both left side players?

You could do a 4-3-3, with Barker-Villa-Shelton up top. Mix covers Lampard and Pirlo in the midfield. Poku rotates into Lampard and Pirlo's spots when needed.

You could also do a 4-4-2, with Villa-Poku up top and Barker and Shelton as the wide mids. But then you can only play one of Lampard and Pirlo at the same time, because Mix needs to be on the field for defensive midfield purposes.

I don't love either. It's going to be very interesting to see what Vieira does. It seems like if we have enough talent that it spills over onto the bench, it really opens the playbook because we aren't required to force a certain set of players on the pitch.

How do you play them at the same time, assuming they're both left side players?

You could do a 4-3-3, with Barker-Villa-Shelton up top. Mix covers Lampard and Pirlo in the midfield. Poku rotates into Lampard and Pirlo's spots when needed.

You could also do a 4-4-2, with Villa-Poku up top and Barker and Shelton as the wide mids. But then you can only play one of Lampard and Pirlo at the same time, because Mix needs to be on the field for defensive midfield purposes.

I don't love either. It's going to be very interesting to see what Vieira does. It seems like if we have enough talent that it spills over onto the bench, it really opens the playbook because we aren't required to force a certain set of players on the pitch.
Judging by how much we overpaid for some of the guys we picked up last year in expansion draft and mistakes with Calle/Nemec to name a few we should be able to sign good talent to replace them if we do our homework. I think those of us new to the league learned quick that teams with pace thrive in this league as most did against us. Controlling possessions means little if you can't get anyone in behind the defense.
Also couldn't he just fit in for Macnamara/Grabavoy?

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.