2015 Offseason Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean that we are changing which goal we shoot on in the first and second half? I hope not because I picked my seats based on that.

I think it's pretty assumed that teams want to attack the infield first half and defend it second

Reactions: Kjbert
It will be interesting to see those numbers updated for the whole season.

I think it was updated, the changes to the crossed out portions and graphs go through September. The only home games missing are the Sept Quakes game and Oct Revs game

Maybe I was just a statistically anomaly because all 5 games I went to this year, they attacked the infield in the second half.
Yeah that was an anomaly. I didn't keep records but it ended up about 50-50. It was clear that all teams wanted the same thing. As LeeNYCFC LeeNYCFC noted, over the season it became clear that it was easier to score on the outfield side than the infield side. The small mystery is why everyone wanted the same thing before that became apparent. Either everyone just figured it was better to attack away from the infield or maybe we just started out wanting to attack on the supporter's end in the second half. Then maybe opposing teams would just be contary when they won the toss.

it's funny how this stuff is completely ignored as part of the pre-game ritual. In the NFL or college football, the coin toss and decisions are often shown, and if there is any excuse for making it an issue, the announcers will talk about it ad nauseum. In soccer it's barely mentioned.

And I guess this confirms that the City Beats will continue to be a fixture as they made it onto the seating map :eek:
At least they put city beats right by the away section.

Let them deal with it.

Reactions: JayH
Cleaning house to hire Kreis
Hope they don't forget to ax enough players to be able to restock with:
(1) aging CM that is neither fast, nor tall, and has a propensity for lateral & back passes while brushing aside hair & falling down; status unknown.
(1) aging LB that is neither fast, nor tall, but is a cornerstone to build around; currently available via trade.

Reactions: Kjbert
There's also a video of Lamps saying he's playing too. But Puerto Rico only wants to see Josh Saunders.
lol, they can Keep Saunders. Saunders only back-up quality. we need someone at least Guzan level or hopefully Tim Howard level (FIFA 15/16 80 rating or higher :)

Status
Not open for further replies.