2016 Adidas Gear & New Away Kit

Steven

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 30, 2014
Check out photos from NYCisBlue of the 2016 Adidas catalog:
http://www.nycisblue.com/2015/06/is-adidas-catalog-teasing-navy-blue.html

Hint dropped that we're getting a navy blue secondary kit and losing our beloved black..
MLS-S16-6_close.png

MLS-S16-11.png

MLS-S16-39.png

MLS-S16-24.png

2016_AnthemJacket.png

Would explain why the YES announcers refer to the kit as dark blue. It wouldn't bother me too much, as long as it's still unique I personally don't care if its black or navy. That said there are definitely some supporters that will object to this because they've really identified with the black kit.

I also noticed from the catalog pages in the article that the Fire kits don't have sponsors on them. Are they looking for a new sponsor next year? I thought they just renewed their deal with Quaker.

damn leaks already coming out for next year? well black jersey i bought, dont worry im sticking with you forever.

Reactions: leilanikali420
Black kit looks good on me, not so good on them. That Navy kit looks too much like skc for me

Aston Villa and Burnley had almost matching kits this year. Didn't matter too much. Navy blue and sky blue is a classic kit color arrangement. The black and orange looks silly to me.

And the sky blue seems to have grown on most of us.

Reactions: danger
Hint dropped that we're getting a navy blue secondary kit and losing our beloved black..

Honestly, I really like the black kit (full disclosure: I also love the sky blue primary kit), but I expected a navy secondary kit THIS season. The black secondary kit really surprised me for the inaugural season because... well, black isn't in the crest at all. It just seemed like a strange departure, especially considering it was our first year. Don't get me wrong, I like the black kit a lot; it's very unique and striking. I'll be pleased as long as this new navy kit isn't crazy looking like the designer is trying too hard.

Reactions: Goodfella
They need to stop with the orange. Makes you think of the Mets.

On the other hand, a navy secondary would be nice.

Reactions: Kjbert and danger
Interesting hmmm. Does look a little Mets like though :/

Hey man, it's New York. We *always* wear black.

If by "always" you're referring to the new Brooklyn Nets, then yes. The Knicks and Mets have also worn black a few times over the years, but nearly every NY team wears some shade of blue... thus, NY is Blue. I can't think of any other NY teams that have worn black.

Reactions: Kjbert