2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great for the league that Jordan is staying. As a mentioned earlier, the mindset of our youth players are changing. As more and more youth players decide to stay in MLS to polish their game rather than immediately making the jump to Europe because they consider it as their only and best option, this league will grow. Jordan's decision is a big step in the right direction for MLS (and the Sounders).

Reactions: Vallos
How much can we sell Poku for in 2-3 years (I hope we can keep him here longer though)? Who gets the money: MLS or NYCFC or what's the split? Where does the money go: TAM, GAM, secret Abu Dhabi holdings?
I believe the team gets a portion of the transfer fee as allocation money. However, given the combination of complexity and general opaqueness of MLS rules, this may be wrong...or it may be right, but change tomorrow.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
There are rules on transfers that have bee detailed in other threads. I think club gets 60% as GAM up to first $1 million of transfer fee, but could be off on those numbers.

Rather keep Poku here as a DP or using TAM.

How much can we sell Poku for in 2-3 years (I hope we can keep him here longer though)? Who gets the money: MLS or NYCFC or what's the split? Where does the money go: TAM, GAM, secret Abu Dhabi holdings?
After a player is sold, the transfer fee is divided up by:
1) Sell on clause or other contractual money paid to a previous club.
2) MLS recoops any money it spent to bring the player in the league.
3) MLS takes a 1/3 of the remaining money (25% if the transfer is a HG player)
4) Team gets 2/3 of the remaining money (75% if the transfer is a HG player). However, only up to 650k can be used as allocation money. Anything over 650k has to be spent on team operations.

This means from a competitive standpoint any transfer fee over a million does not really help us improve the roster.

After a player is sold, the transfer fee is divided up by:
1) Sell on clause or other contractual money paid to a previous club.
2) MLS recoops any money it spent to bring the player in the league.
3) MLS takes a 1/3 of the remaining money (25% if the transfer is a HG player)
4) Team gets 2/3 of the remaining money (75% if the transfer is a HG player). However, only up to 650k can be used as allocation money. Anything over 650k has to be spent on team operations.

This means from a competitive standpoint any transfer fee over a million does not really help us improve the roster.

That last point is terrible. I don't even know what to write about it but it upsets me.

That last point is terrible. I don't even know what to write about it but it upsets me.
Team operations would include academy and youth development I believe. It's another way of MLS trying to keep wages manageable. I would expect as time goes by (perhaps by the time we sell Pele*) those rules will be changed pretty aggressively allowing more money to go towards the roster.

*Sorry I mistyped, I meant Poku. It's easy to get confused!

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Team operations would include academy and youth development I believe. It's another way of MLS trying to keep wages manageable. I would expect as time goes by (perhaps by the time we sell Pele*) those rules will be changed pretty aggressively allowing more money to go towards the roster.

*Sorry I mistyped, I meant Poku. It's easy to get confused!

Secret Cosmos fan. BAN!

Morris coming back sucks for MNT. He could have been learning to play against top defenders, now he will be coasting against shitty MLS defenders. Second this is great for the rest of the league since seattle wasnt great in defense or midfield last year, now they will be even more top heavy. I see them sucking if they try to play all those guys at once.

LA signed one of the other SL defenders, Jelle Van Damme. He played LB at SL but Arena is making him a CB. SL is just leaking defenders right now, lol. He's 32, so I still think Teix was the proper target for us. Let LA become the next MLS retirement home. Still pissed about the Teix deal.

Morris coming back sucks for MNT. He could have been learning to play against top defenders, now he will be coasting against shitty MLS defenders. Second this is great for the rest of the league since seattle wasnt great in defense or midfield last year, now they will be even more top heavy. I see them sucking if they try to play all those guys at once.

Disagree. Better to start for a pro team in MLS than get no PT or get loaned to a 3rd division in Europe. He can spend a couple of years getting better and then see where that leads him. Europe will always be there.

Disagree. Better to start for a pro team in MLS than get no PT or get loaned to a 3rd division in Europe. He can spend a couple of years getting better and then see where that leads him. Europe will always be there.
I think you are underselling him. He has the talent to be better than 3rd division or a bench player. Just seems to lack motivation, ala staying in college and now playing in a league he is better than.

Tim Howard to Colorado Rapids this summer... Our July 30th home tickets just got a lot more valuable.... Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.