2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess that's why teams like Colorado are, well, like teams like Colorado.

Make the deal with Howard and send Clint Irwin our way.

Reactions: Ulrich
Wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were regarding LA's rumored agreements with Cole, Van Damme, and De Jong. Honestly, I thought NYC would be having a similar offseason as LA. I'm just glad NYC has had a different approach this offseason, going after youth and putting a focus on development so far.

However, I do think what the Galaxy are trying to do will usher in a new era of solid European players coming in on a non-DP contract. However, they are also risking the development of their young players as they're potentially being put on the back burner while a more veteran team takes its place.

I believe these moves will elevate the status of the league...I'm just glad it's not NYC that's leading it. Bring me more Mattarita's to the team

Cole feels a bit like old school MLS signing in that he was a huge name, but seems pretty washed up at this point. Without having ever seen Mattarita, I like him so much more on concept.

I like the idea of de Jong and Van Damme (haven't seen either of them much recently) in that they are a bit younger and there isn't the "big name" appeal and therefore they are presumably being signed for their quality. That feels good for the league. Assuming de Jong still has something left, I would love him on NYCFC. The next video going up on our new YouTube channel (The View from 226) is about our defensive midfield situation and will be posted tomorrow or Tuesday.

My first thought was Reyna should have gone after him, but then I looked at what TFC gave up and that may turn out to be too steep a price to pay.

Wow giving up TAM, this years 3rd round pick and next years 1st round pick is a hefty price. Colorado did well in that deal. They still have a starter in Zac McMath and may add Howard

Wow giving up TAM, this years 3rd round pick and next years 1st round pick is a hefty price. Colorado did well in that deal. They still have a starter in Zac McMath and may add Howard

With all the moves that Toronto is making, that first round pick is likely to be between 15-20.

Reactions: Viewfrom226
Morris' decision will be an important one not only for the Sounders but also for the league. Do young players nowadays view MLS as a suitable place to develop their skills? Or does the lure of Europe trump everything else? The MLS has improved so much in the last decade that if Morris had this decision 10 years ago, it would've been no brainer to go to Bremen.

We'll see which way Morris goes. If Morris ultimately decides on the Sounders, the mindset of our youth players are changing about the league.

It would be pretty disappointing to lose him to Werder, but I cannot blame him. Most of our young players would be comparing the choice between MLS and a second-tier league in Europe (e.g., the Dutch league or one of the Scandanavian leagues) or perhaps a lower league team in one of the major countries (e.g., Zardes to Reading).

Here, Morris appears to have a chance to go to a Bundesliga team. Hard to pass up an opportunity to go straight to one of the top four leagues in the world. Also, by European standards, he isn't that young, so I'm sure he feels the clock ticking.

Morris apparently sees his future in the US. This is great for the league.

http://www.sounderatheart.com/2016/1/19/10789702/jordan-morris-turns-down-werder-bremen

Wow. Really didn't think the league was to the point where guys like Morris would start staying home. Part of me thinks he still should have went to Europe, but I'm also glad a US star wants to stay and grow MLS. Maybe Morris is taking the torch from Donovan as the leader of both MLS and the USMNT.

Reactions: leilanikali420
Wow. Really didn't think the league was to the point where guys like Morris would start staying home. Part of me thinks he still should have went to Europe, but I'm also glad a US star wants to stay and grow MLS. Maybe Morris is taking the torch from Donovan as the leader of both MLS and the USMNT.
fight for your spot in Germany or be treated like royalty immediately in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.