2016 Official Injury Speculations and WAGs

Anyone have any info on Iraola? It's interesting he wasn't on the injury list - can't see why we'd pay White over him if he's healthy. There's also the new guy Shannon Gomez, but I think he's probably just not ready yet. Funny how we sign so much fullback depth and then end up playing a CB there instead.
When Gomez signed it said pending international clearance and that was only a few days before Chicago

Haha, now if we ever do end up signing Demichelis or Terry, then we'd have something to talk about....
Martin+Demichelis+Wife+Evangelina+Anderson+2012_8.jpg

Connor Brandt is an interesting case having a Core injury. That makes me think he has a sports hernia (I've had one), and it was either initially misdiagnosed or they botched the surgery (Connor's, not mine). With me, it took forever for the doctors to admit it was a hernia, and even then they were reluctant to perform surgery, however once they did and placed the mesh, I was back to training 6 weeks later. It's really a simple procedure and the recovery is fast, so since he has been out so long, I'm just not sure what else he could have done to warrant such a long layoff.... unless they're grouping a labral tear in with the category Core, and if that's the case, he may/may not come back from it - labral tears are tears of the cartilage at the hip joint. That can have surgery, but it's not fully effective - one must really rest and hope the cartilage regenerates enough to function again. My wife had this years ago as a running injury, and while she's recovered (no surgery) and nearly back to normal, she's not 100% and periodically has issues. Still, if it was a labral tear, I'd think NYCFC would label it as a hip injury and not core. I'm sticking with a sports hernia.
From a July '15 article:

Connor Brandt Undergoes Successful Surgery
July 28, 20159:39 AM EDT

New York City FC defender Connor Brandt underwent successful surgery to repair a sports hernia last week in Los Angeles, the Club announced.

Brandt is slated to be out approximately six weeks.

“He went out to California to have his injury diagnosed,” head coach Jason Kreis said. “He had the surgery and it went quite well. We’ll be headed in a much clearer direction than we have been – it feels like he’s been out of service for two months. We’ve had a lot of questions about what it is, so we all feel good we have it officially addressed and are moving in a positive direction.”

Connor's initial surgery for the sports hernia injury did not correct the problem and he had to undergo a 2nd surgery. That's why he's been out this long. This info is straight from the man himself -- I spoke with him about it late last season.

Connor's initial surgery for the sports hernia injury did not correct the problem and he had to undergo a 2nd surgery. That's why he's been out this long. This info is straight from the man himself -- I spoke with him about it late last season.
That's it..... I'm quitting my job and NYCFC better hire me as the defacto Team injury guru. Who the fck did Kreis have as his training staff last year that got carried over to this year???

lol im sure kreis was responsible for connor's sports hernia surgery >_<

NYCFC doesn't really treat the media very well either. They're just as clueless as the fans are. I don't know if that's a European sports vs American sports thing where we have beat writers that are basically part of the team, but when the single-entity MLS writer for your club can't get good info... You know they keep it all uber close to the best. Lampard hasn't been made available in forever to the media.

I can't tell if "Wild Ass Guess" is Footy being facetious or not.

As for our guys not have great WAGs... when two of your most eligible bachelors are with each other 24/7 singing to each other in the car... I don't think there's much time for WAGging.

For the record, I just asked my wife if she knew what the acronym WAG might stand for. She guessed With A Girl or White And Gay.

So let's just all agree that there's no consensus on what WAG really means.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
So I now understand. And feeling appropriately old.

It's not an age thing. You just have not as the opportunity to pick up old copies of the Globe left by previous tube riders, always with more info on WAGs then any real sports events, or world events for that matter.

PS, I couldn't figure why the hell the 2 were combined, but it was funny as hell that it's even being brought up. Please leave it as is, it's now a breaking news and tabloid thread! The forum's TMZ :)