2016 Schedule!

10552390_529585797214881_4762013341938674470_n.jpg

Or part of it anyway. :D

Kind of surprised they're having us open at home with Toronto. I'd imagine Giovinco and Co. will be a huge crowd no matter when they came to Yankee Stadium.

This is on the same pace as last year, which had the first game on March 8 at Orlando and the home opener on March 15. But - boy - talk about a cold opener to the season!

Should be a terrific game against Toronto. Can't wait.

10552390_529585797214881_4762013341938674470_n.jpg

This is on the same pace as last year, which had the first game on March 8 at Orlando and the home opener on March 15. But - boy - talk about a cold opener to the season!

Should be a terrific game against Toronto. Can't wait.

1. Update the app I want my countdown!!!
  2. I foresee another parallel to last year; Sunday evening/night games in March, and Saturday afternoon ganes in July/August.
  3. If you want to see Toronto live, go to this game.* We hosted them twice last year so this will be their only visit in 2016.
  4. Either the report that Orlando asked to host us in their home opener again was unfounded, or the request was denied.
* Or, you know, travel to Toronto.

Reactions: Gene
That's why I was somewhat surprised our home opener is against Toronto. You know game #1 is going to bring in 40K+ no matter who we're playing, so why not bring in a Colorado, RSL or any team that's not going to be a primo draw during the summer?

And if anyone is interested, Orlando's home opener will be against RSL and the NJRB will open against Toronto too. Kind of weird that Toronto opens in Harrison on the 6th and then has to fly back the following week to play us. I think they're getting screwed again because of stadium renovations like the start of last seasons.

Here's some more info for anyone who may be interested: http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/...-6-league-announces-home-openers-all-20-clubs

Agree, we should have played Chicago or Colorado and saved Toronto for later in the year ...

Reactions: Gene