2016 Schedule!

I believe we'd just have to wait and see what the particular circumstances are at the moment when this stretch of games comes up on the schedule.

At face value, I'd blow off the Portland game, because they're in the other division and losing 3 points to them would be the less of several evils.

I would imagine (again just basing this on face value and 2015 results) we'd take the Toronto match the more serious of the three, because we'd be chasing them for a playoff spot and not the Red Bulls.
RB couldn't keep up their energy drink style of play all year, and teams seemed to figure out how to handle their press as the year went on, I wouldn't be surprised to see them fall back to the pack this year.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
RB couldn't keep up their energy drink style of play all year, and teams seemed to figure out how to handle their press as the year went on, I wouldn't be surprised to see them fall back to the pack this year.
Their high press is a tough tactic to use all season - I was surprised it was effective all of last year. And I agree with you that teams are going to figure it out. I fully expect PV to already have ideas on how to nullify it since he's seen it employed in Europe more than our domestic coaches have in MLS - and that's not being a homer, I really think the level of tactics in MLS is that of a bunch of Newbs whereas the real tactical nuances are developed in Europe.

Reactions: Ohenry
Their high press is a tough tactic to use all season - I was surprised it was effective all of last year. And I agree with you that teams are going to figure it out. I fully expect PV to already have ideas on how to nullify it since he's seen it employed in Europe more than our domestic coaches have in MLS - and that's not being a homer, I really think the level of tactics in MLS is that of a bunch of Newbs whereas the real tactical nuances are developed in Europe.
Man, I hope I am still alive when they start saying that about the USA.

Man, I hope I am still alive when they start saying that about the USA.

it doesnt help when i have read that USSF and NCSAA have two different ideologies. so each one is trying to do their own thing and then no true developments can truly happen

Reactions: Ulrich and Vallos

So true. Plus technical skills exist mostly with the international players. It would be nice if more Americans could develop better passing and dribbling skills along with increased football intelligence.

I think this may belong here as I could not find an opening day thread.
Official march 13 temps for NYC
year temp hi pecip
2015- 43
2012- 74
47 rain 3in record
2009-38
2006-63
2003-46 rain 0.15in

record high 1990 83 degrees
record low 1948 19 "

Asked this is a different thread, but since this one is more relevant, has anyone put the schedule in Excel yet? Team site's a pain.