2016 Schedule!

I'm happy with the top heavy schedule. My wife will be giving me, and all of you, a future NYCFC Mens or Women's superstar later in the season. Once she is super pregnant and after 413Pele or 413MiaHamm is born, it will be nearly impossible for me to make many games late summer. Good thing I kept front-row aisle seats so I can sell easily!

I'm happy with the top heavy schedule. My wife will be giving me, and all of you, a future NYCFC Mens or Women's superstar later in the season. Once she is super pregnant and after 413Pele or 413MiaHamm is born, it will be nearly impossible for HER to make many games late summer. Good thing I kept front-row aisle seats so I can sell easily HER SEAT!
Fixed. (And congrats!)

Look at any sport, and any team, and you will see wide variances year to year in the schedule. I'm not sure there is ever really a trend in sports scheduling, and even if there was two years, two different patterns is no trend at all.
More sept home games than last year, ending the season at home again, I think this is fine. It's a weird year with the break for the COPA anyway.
Yeah I probably sounded more like I was blaming the Yankees and sharing the stadium than I intended. My real point was to show that sharing the stadium doesn't necessitate schedules like this because last year was so different. I lean to the assumption that this year is the fruit of multiple factors, sharing YS, the COPA, and the scheduling quirks of everyone else in the league.
In fact, last year I thought the extreme regularity of our schedule was partly a result of sharing YS. Sharing a baseball stadium lends itself to home games every other week due to the rhythm of the baseball schedule. I'm surprised they were able to string together 4 straight home dates in May-June this year.

Reactions: Vallos
They made a mistake on the website:

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/01/07/new-york-city-fc-2016-mls-schedule-revealed

Five MLS teams will make their first trip to Yankee Stadium in 2016: Vancouver on April 30, Real Salt Lake on June 1, Sporting Kansas City on July 10 (Fox Sports 1), LA Galaxy on Aug 20 (ESPN) and FC Dallas on Sept. 17.

We played SKC at home last year and the 7/10/16 game is Away. Believe they meant to add the Home game against Colorado on Saturday 7/30.

After we play these 5 teams, then we'll have seen all 19 other teams at home - until the expansion teams join, that is.

Not exactly on topic, but Portland put up a 30 minute highlight video of their playoff run. It is the usual team produced "advertisement" with nothing terribly insightful, but, I've got to say, it made me want this team to be good so badly. If we are ever fortunate enough to win the league, I think I'd watch that video every morning before work and would be a happier person for it. Game on for 2016.

The matches without a broadcaster listed, doest that mean it's YES, TBD, or not being aired?

I'm happy with the top heavy schedule. My wife will be giving me, and all of you, a future NYCFC Mens or Women's superstar later in the season. Once she is super pregnant and after 413Pele or 413MiaHamm is born, it will be nearly impossible for me to make many games late summer. Good thing I kept front-row aisle seats so I can sell easily!
My wife delivered last April..... I missed one game because of that and one other game because we couldn't line up a grandparent to babysit. The first few games, your wife will want (make) you to go to the games to get you out of the house..... your wife will want to join you for the games later in the season because she's going to want a mental break and a chance for a beer. Just start lining up family member now to be the game-time sitters....

The matches without a broadcaster listed, doest that mean it's YES, TBD, or not being aired?

Mostly, that will be Yes. For the two October dates - those are "flexed" for the national broadcasters, which means they will pick which games to broadcast later in the year based on where teams stand in the table.

Reactions: Drainyoo
My NYCFC app is only showing the schedule through the first game in May. Then it just stops. I s anybody seeing something different?
It's a subtle hint that we're all spending too much time focusing on the schedule..... that or even the app thinks the schedule is crappy.....

Saw some cheap airfare to Bangkok this morning for spring break, but that early March home stretch pretty much nixed that. I'm already planning the layering that's going to be involved in those evening March games. But think on the bright side for the lack of home games during the dog days of summer -- we can enjoy them in the air-conditioned pleasure of our bar of choice!

Anybody know when individual tickets will go on sale? NYCFC website, app and ticketmaster only have the home opener on sale.

Anybody know when individual tickets will go on sale? NYCFC website, app and ticketmaster only have the home opener on sale.

I don't think even the home opener is available yet. I would expect a press release when single game tickets go on sale. Resale sites are the only option for now.

Reactions: Gene
Damn, I just soiled my armor again.

I checked Ticketmaster this morning and saw nothing regarding NYCFC ticket sales.

Just curious - for anyone who went to the NJ away game last year - was it a good experience? I'm thinking of going in July, but wanted to check in with you learned few to get an idea of how it was last year. What tolerance level of horseshit would be required to actually enjoy the game? Probably the only away game I could make it to, plus an actual soccer stadium would be nice to see for a change.

Reactions: Kjbert
Just curious - for anyone who went to the NJ away game last year - was it a good experience? I'm thinking of going in July, but wanted to check in with you learned few to get an idea of how it was last year. What tolerance level of horseshit would be required to actually enjoy the game? Probably the only away game I could make it to, plus an actual soccer stadium would be nice to see for a change.

The nicest soccer venue in the United States. Easy to get there by public transportation (drops you off a block away) but takes forever to travel there.

The nicest soccer venue in the United States. Easy to get there by public transportation (drops you off a block away) but takes forever to travel there.

How about the atmosphere? How much red smoke am I gonna have to inhale / shit thrown at me and my wife while we support the blue guys?