• Total voters

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
It's MLS SuperDraft week. Rounds one and two of the will be held in Los Angeles on Friday, January 13. Watch live on mlssoccer.com. Rounds three and four of the SuperDraft will be held at 2:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 17 via a conference call.

Draft Tracker: http://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2017/tracker

NYCFC has the following picks:

Round 2, Pick 16 (38th Overall)
Round 3, Pick 10 (54th Overall)
Round 3, Pick 16 (60th Overall)

Currently, the combine is taking place now and you can watch here:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2017/combine/chaos-control-jan-8

We should trade all our picks for an international spot or at least for a top 10 pick (idk if the other three are even worth that)

Reactions: adam
Watching the Copa vs. Tango combine match, Andrew Wiebe said he was on the flight to LA with an NYCFC assistant coach who spent the entire flight going over scouting reports for these college players.

So while we don't have a first round pick, we're still interested in what's going on this week.

Reactions: adam
Watching the Copa vs. Tango combine match, Andrew Wiebe said he was on the flight to LA with an NYCFC assistant coach who spent the entire flight going over scouting reports for these college players.

So while we don't have a first round pick, we're still interested in what's going on this week.

3 cheap, young, most likely American players. As much as I dislike it, given the roster rules it makes sense.

I want us to try and get the 3rd pick from chicago, apparently they have a lot of homegrowns and don't need the draft as much and if we can snag one of the top CB's it could be really useful for us.

Reactions: SayWhat44
I want us to try and get the 3rd pick from chicago, apparently they have a lot of homegrowns and don't need the draft as much and if we can snag one of the top CB's it could be really useful for us.

Listenting to the commentary from the Extra Time Radio while the combine games were playing. Minnesota will likely take Jeremy Ebobisse at number one as he's not partaking in the combine (Larin and Harrison, both prior number one picks did not partake). However, they will use him as trade bait.

They also said Chicago may look to trade their pick and acquire GAM and TAM as they enjoy stockpiling it.

this is irrelevant to me (unless we trade for a 1st rd pick, which i hope we dont give up too much) .....the only player we still got for post first round picks is rawls.

Reactions: Kjbert
this is irrelevant to me (unless we trade for a 1st rd pick, which i hope we dont give up too much) .....the only player we still got for post first round picks is rawls.

And Connor Brandt. Who's actually played more minutes than Andre Rawls.

Not if you keep drinking and posting at work.
giphy.gif

I have a feeling that this thread is going to be a real dud.

If there's someone that NYCFC really wants, I could see us trading for the 8th (Atlanta), 3rd (Chicago), or even 1st (Minnesota) pick.

I don't think NYCFC will trade for the first pick as it will be Jeremy Ebobisse, the consensus number one pick, and we're already packed in the striker/forward positions.

Third may be an interesting deal as we've had a good result of trading for draft picks with Chicago.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH
If there's someone that NYCFC really wants, I could see us trading for the 8th (Atlanta), 3rd (Chicago), or even 1st (Minnesota) pick.

I don't think NYCFC will trade for the first pick as it will be Jeremy Ebobisse, the consensus number one pick, and we're already packed in the striker/forward positions.

Third may be an interesting deal as we've had a good result of trading for draft picks with Chicago.
Seeing rumors that ATL is open to trading their second overall pick...

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
As someone relatively new to MLS, is there a reason for NYCFC to try and get a pick in the first round? What are the chances of finding an impact player in the top 10 or top 5?

As someone relatively new to MLS, is there a reason for NYCFC to try and get a pick in the first round? What are the chances of finding an impact player in the top 10 or top 5?
Almost no chance after the 1st round (not impossible though). Early picks grab the GA players that don't count against the Cap

Almost no chance after the 1st round (not impossible though). Early picks grab the GA players that don't count against the Cap

Unless their name is Christian Roldan :/

Unless their name is Christian Roldan :/

Roldan was the consensus #2, instead NYCFC picks Shelton (most likely becuase they thought "we've got Mix and Lampard, we're fine in midfield". Looking back that was a poor move.

Yes, Roldan fell all the way to 16, but in hindsight wouldn't you like to have him now considering the issues NYCFC has in their midfield?

Roldan was the consensus #2, instead NYCFC picks Shelton (most likely becuase they thought "we've got Mix and Lampard, we're fine in midfield". Looking back that was a poor move.

Yes, Roldan fell all the way to 16, but in hindsight wouldn't you like to have him now considering the issues NYCFC has in their midfield?

I'm of the opinion we should have. That was a sarcastic remark, as I'm known to make from time to time.

He was still a first round pick, even though 15 teams skipped him...

Exactly. Responding to Ulrich Ulrich 's comment that early picks grab the GAs.