What will NYCFC do with its picks in the 2017 Superdraft

• Trade up

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Choose a keeper

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Pass

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
I'm of the opinion we should have. That was a sarcastic remark, as I'm known to make from time to time.

Exactly. Responding to Ulrich Ulrich 's comment that early picks grab the GAs.
I fully believe that if you don't have the #1 or #2 picks to get the guy that fits your system, you definitely take the best GA on the boards. If none are left, and nobody looks like a sure system fit, trade the pick and get something useful beit Garber $$ or picks for the following year. The draft should be all about Cap-friendly players.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Sean Johnson was apparently a GA that fell to the 4th Round?

Would NYCFC being the favorite team among combine players give us leverage in trade for picks/players?

Possibly if top players made it clear they aren't interested in certain teams. Happens in the NFL, but usually just top picks. Anybody else runs the risk of being labeled problematic and being blacklisted/dropping down the draft order which affects their contract. It's a big risk for a player looking for a job to stick their neck out.

Any time you poll 63 people and offer 22 choices, you can't really draw solid conclusions, but I find this interesting anyway. After NYCFC comes Philly, followed by a tie among Columbus, Toronto and Orlando. That's a real mix of city sizes and climates, but they are uniformly East teams. The next 5 are all western, and we don't get the rest of the list, but I wonder if the East/West preference at the top is random or if more prospects are from this side of the country, or what.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Here's my prediction for tomorrow:

NYCFC trade GAM and/or TAM and player to be named later to Atlanta for the 2nd pick and take Miles Robinson, CB from Syracuse (New York's college team, lol) and member of Generation Adidas.

That played to be named later is Josh Saunders (maybe).

Please...

I get the sense this will be us tomorrow.

fb_911723.jpg

Does anybody remember what we got in exchange for trading our 1st round pick to Seattle? I was curious but the MLS link didn't work.

Does anybody remember what we got in exchange for trading our 1st round pick to Seattle? I was curious but the MLS link didn't work.
Poku. They had his rights before we signed him. The pick was conditional, and only went to Seattle when we sold him for an amount over a certain threshold.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Claudio Reyna, take my energy and get us a higher draft pick... ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Reactions: NYCFCfan
UNDER AN HOUR AWAY.

Twitter reports say three teams are confirmed interested in trading for the number one pick while others are looking to trade up.

Who says the SuperDraft isn't exciting?

Reactions: Kjbert