2018 Jersey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 GK kit, from NYCFC's Instagram story. There's your orange.

336edMN.png

Perfect to go with my hat!

Not sure where this idea that every single Away jersey of every single club has to do with the city’s colors. That’s literally almost never the case. Why can’t they go off a little? Have some fun. Then next time go back to city colors. They don’t have the option for a third jersey so the Away kit is the best way to have fun. If we got navy blue/orange every time it would get boring. Sure it’s a “cookie cutter”. Have I missed something? Is every single jersey in the world unique?

Get over the sky blue and Man city connection. It’s been 4 years. How do you know the next home jersey won’t be a mix of dark blue orange and whatever else you want. It’s a one time jersey ffs. We aren’t wearing it forever. You don’t have to buy it. It’s a jersey.

I don't have to get over the sky blue or the man city connection. I can voice my opinion, thanks.

Reactions: Ulrich
Yeah, of course. Admittedly, I like simple, aka classic designs for jerseys regardless of the sport. I love that the Yankees haven’t changed the uniform design... ever. Or some college football teams. Where vintage becomes classic - that’s where you’ll find me.

But I am a rare breed.

No you're NOT my friend! :cool:

What can I say, some people have good taste and some people don't.

killer_pigeon_wearing_beret_by_spudart.jpg

That orange kit would be hideous. He looks like a swollen tangerine

Good example of how Nike can be way more creative if we can get out of this damn Adidas contract.

I love the new Secondary Kit colorway, but could seriously do without the retro 90s graphics. The 90s should staying the 90s! We are just getting basically what other teams are going to be using for their Pre-match Shirt. I see they put a lot of thought into it, thanks Adidas.

The Adidas x Parley Juventus 2018-2019 pre-match shirt is black and white with 1990s-inspired :confused: Three Stripes graphic on the front. It is the same design used for the Adidas x Parley Real Madrid and Manchester United 18-19 pre-match shirts.

adidas-x-parley-jersey (2).jpg

Juventus 120th Anniversary Kit

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/10/juventus-120th-anniversary-kit.html

The limited edition Juventus 120th Anniversary Kit is way more my style - timeless with ghost logos, still there but not so garish. Not digging the high collar though, otherwise super cool! Hey look, Adidas can actually execute something of quality.

Why is everything that's really really super cool very crazy limited production runs to make fans have such a hard time in purchasing the product that's if there even ever able to get it, that always pisses me off :mad:!

93455C23-AA53-4E27-99AD-69FED5B01878.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the new Secondary Kit colorway, but could seriously do without the retro 90s graphics. The 90s should staying the 90s! We are just getting basically what other teams are going to be using for their Pre-match Shirt. I see they put a lot of thought into it, thanks Adidas.

The Adidas x Parley Juventus 2018-2019 pre-match shirt is black and white with an eye-catching 1990s-inspired :confused: Three Stripes graphic on the front. It is the same design used for the Adidas x Parley Real Madrid and Manchester United 18-19 pre-match shirts.

View attachment 8168

Its a world cup kit template. A lot of teams are mimicking World Cup templates this season. See the Columbia World Cup kit for more on this subject

Its a world cup kit template. A lot of teams are mimicking World Cup templates this season.

I'm somewhat fine with so-called kit templates, BUT not fond of crappy 90s graphics - been there, done that. But just getting a Pre-match Shirt template as an actual kit well it's just odd, and sheer laziness and also lacking any sort of creativity. At this point I prefer non-creativity, but simplicity. But on the other hand, I've seen worse 90s graphics and can live with this. I will be purchasing an Authentic Longsleeved version.

Reactions: GRAY KNIGHT
On another interesting topic - Official Socks

FCBEF783-1360-433A-888C-49215FDC3429.jpeg
B53C6223-E3DD-492F-B3AB-F2DD40329B42.jpeg

MLS are trialing new socks in their adidas uniforms

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/soccer/soccer/2018/02/01/mls-trialing-new-socks-adidas-uniforms

The 2018 adidas kits feature a new style of socks that we haven't seen in their World Cup releases so far, or anywhere else.

1B3D27E1-863C-42F3-9D86-5A4BAD926BB5.jpeg

With the wide use of TRUsox, something adidas and the other major brands have launched similar products for, players have a habit of cutting the feet off their socks. A similar thing happens in Japan, where toe socks are a huge trend with all of the major manufacturers producing their own versions.

To save equipment managers the hassle of cutting up socks (Something that elasticated rips more than it cuts), and keep a consistent look in teams' uniforms, adidas are now providing cutoff socks to MLS teams rather than conventional socks. Another small benefit is that players aren't changing socks between warmups and the game. They can simply slide them over along with the sleeves for their shin guards.

MLS equipment rules also saw Kei Kamara fined $1,250 for the dotted grip pattern on his TRUsox being visible last year. Kellyn Acosta is one FC Dallas player who often sports those, and this will likely lead to a forced change for MLS players to adopt the adidas version that will match their kit closely.

BCD98211-8331-4DCA-95E3-4253CB8B918C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: SFphoto
Go all in and go full kit wanker.

Prince Akeem: Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?
Cleo McDowell: No, I didn't.
Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.

coming_to_america_1024x696.jpg

Last edited:
Prince Akeem: Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?
Cleo McDowell: No, I didn't.
Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.

View attachment 8175
Dude, the amount and size of pictures is killing me. Especially when viewing on mobile....

Status
Not open for further replies.