2018 Season Ticket Thread

I already am only paying like 20 dollars per game for my ticket. As are many others. If they discounted me 10 percent id save what 2 dollars? It will in no way effect how much I’m spending on food and beverages. As it is I pay more for parking than I do for my actual ticket to get into the stadium.
No no no. That 2 dollars saved means you will spend at least another 50$ on improving your game day experience with concessions and merchandise because economics.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much on that thing. I used it once early this week, and then again taking the subway home from Brooklyn Wednesday night. Had it plugged in, charging my phone and for some reason, every 30 seconds or so it would stop charging my phone, and then restart charging. So every damn 30 seconds my phone was vibrating due to it now being charged. It was so annoying. And I am certain that it was not the cord as I used that same cord later and it was fine.

Could be because of this.... Look familiar?

28279077_2007805412801583_1666369962815166154_n.jpg

I concede, but you are wrong that every extra ticket is pure profit since additional tickets/sections require additional staffing which eats into costs.
It's a step-function (like the MTA having to add an extra car to a train on a holiday travel day) and that is why I said "essentially". The cost of 1-2 extra staff members is de minimis relative to selling a good portion of another section.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
It's a step-function (like the MTA having to add an extra car to a train on a holiday travel day) and that is why I said "essentially". The cost of 1-2 extra staff members is de minimis relative to selling a good portion of another section.
Haha, the MTA isn’t adding extra cars during holiday season, or any season (save for the G Train), because they’ve already coordinated the length of trains to the length of the platforms. A longer train means a longer platform. But if they did, they’re not adding more employees for a single car, so the costs aren’t similar.

Reactions: Nelson Jay
Haha, the MTA isn’t adding extra cars during holiday season, or any season (save for the G Train), because they’ve already coordinated the length of trains to the length of the platforms. A longer train means a longer platform. But if they did, they’re not adding more employees for a single car, so the costs aren’t similar.
You are in some kind of mood today. The MTA is not just subways -- it't LIRR and Metro North, both of which add longer trains for the commute home on big holidays. Sheesh!

Just sold my tickets through SH. Got double face (almost). They gave me an email of the buyer and it was easy to transfer to him on account manager. Then I had to go back into SH (on a desktop) and enter the email again to confirm I sent the tickets. Now I wait to get paid....

Anyone know how I get my 5% back from the club? Who’s tracking that shit? Do I have to submit an invoice?

Just sold my tickets through SH. Got double face (almost). They gave me an email of the buyer and it was easy to transfer to him on account manager. Then I had to go back into SH (on a desktop) and enter the email again to confirm I sent the tickets. Now I wait to get paid....
Anyone know how I get my 5% back from the club? Who’s tracking that shit? Do I have to submit an invoice?
It is very simple. The club and SH created this explanatory video for STH’s.
giphy.gif

Where are your tickets that you got double face? I can't even get half of double face for mine in the first row of 227B!

Reactions: NYCFC_JD
For those who have already sold or listed tickets on StubHub... Should I be choosing "I can transfer now" or "I'll transfer later" for the mobile tickets? When we got PDFs, I knew I could upload them right there and then (once we got PDFs, two weeks before the game). But how do mobile tickets work? Could I go to my NYCFC Account Manager today and transfer tickets to, say, the last game of the season already? Or only games coming up soon? Thanks for any advice!

For those who have already sold or listed tickets on StubHub... Should I be choosing "I can transfer now" or "I'll transfer later" for the mobile tickets? When we got PDFs, I knew I could upload them right there and then (once we got PDFs, two weeks before the game). But how do mobile tickets work? Could I go to my NYCFC Account Manager today and transfer tickets to, say, the last game of the season already? Or only games coming up soon? Thanks for any advice!

This is the BS we’re all complaining about. You can’t make PDFs anymore. So you can’t just drop the PDF on stubhub or seatgeek or whatever and have it listed.

You HAVE to choose transfer later. Pick that it’s avaialabke to transfer today. Then, if it sells, you’ll get the name and email of the buyer. You then go into account manager and transfer to him/her. Then you still have to go back into Stubhub (and it doesn’t work on your phone!!! So GL right before a match) and enter the buyer’s email again to prove you transferred the tickets. Then Stubhub releases the funds.

Here lyes the rub. SH charges 10%. We were told NYCFC would refund us half (5%) of the fee. When you go into account manager to transfer NYCFC doesn’t see what the tickets sold for. So, how do they know what they owe you? Why I asked if I now need a 4th step (1. List, 2. Transfer, 3. Confirm transfer, 4. Invoice) of invoicing the club with proof of sale to recieve my refund?

I’m like one of the only ones here who make any money on this match and I’m still extremely annoyed and frustrated.

PS looks like next match vs Orlando is a Shabbos, so I can’t go again. And based on stubhub pricing and fee vs my founders price, I’m going to lose money on that one. I’m going to just try to give them to a client and then show the IRS the 3/11 sale as a base to value the write off.

You HAVE to choose transfer later. Pick that it’s avaialabke to transfer today....

Adam - Thanks and completely agree. The above spot is where I get lost a bit. You said HAVE to choose transfer later and then said to pick transfer today... which am I supposed to pick? Haha.

Agreed that this is a massive, massive pain. And it's yet to be seen whether anyone will want to buy tickets that aren't immediately available for download. I know that when I buy on StubHub, I only buy immediately available tickets. If I can't resell a chunk of my tickets at a reasonable price, I won't be able to financially justify keeping my seasons tickets.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
Adam - Thanks and completely agree. The above spot is where I get lost a bit. You said HAVE to choose transfer later and then said to pick transfer today... which am I supposed to pick? Haha.

Agreed that this is a massive, massive pain. And it's yet to be seen whether anyone will want to buy tickets that aren't immediately available for download. I know that when I buy on StubHub, I only buy immediately available tickets. If I can't resell a chunk of my tickets at a reasonable price, I won't be able to financially justify keeping my seasons tickets.
This should be a talking point anybody/everybody brings up when invited to the Patricof fireside chats ( mgarbowski mgarbowski ). The ability for NYcFC and Stubhub to remedy the situation has to be possible midseason.

This should be a talking point anybody/everybody brings up when invited to the Patricof fireside chats ( mgarbowski mgarbowski ). The ability for NYcFC and Stubhub to remedy the situation has to be possible midseason.
At the off-season group meet I attended, the NYCFC folks said that they were working on new initiatives to prop up the price of resale tickets. This was before the StubHub announcement, and I presume that's what they were hinting at. They probably figure StubHub is a bigger platform for resale. Couldn't say how much thought they gave to the mechanics.
I'm happy to bring it up whenever I might have a chance, but there's no telling when/if that will happen. Anyone affected should email their rep directly instead of waiting for that.

PS looks like next match vs Orlando is a Shabbos, so I can’t go again. And based on stubhub pricing and fee vs my founders price, I’m going to lose money on that one. I’m going to just try to give them to a client and then show the IRS the 3/11 sale as a base to value the write off.

These entertainment expenses are no longer deductible under the new tax law

At the off-season group meet I attended, the NYCFC folks said that they were working on new initiatives to prop up the price of resale tickets. This was before the StubHub announcement, and I presume that's what they were hinting at. They probably figure StubHub is a bigger platform for resale. Couldn't say how much thought they gave to the mechanics.
I'm happy to bring it up whenever I might have a chance, but there's no telling when/if that will happen. Anyone affected should email their rep directly instead of waiting for that.
As tickets were easily sellable on Stubhub before and now they have removed what was, for me at least, a lower-cost/higher-efficiency market (Ticketmaster), if they think this helps us they're not quite right in the head.

Reactions: Taurus

You pick immediately deliverable, as you can deliver them (via e-mail through the Ticketmaster account) as soon as they are sold.

"Transfer later" is for when you don't actually have (or have access to) the tickets yet -- for example, sometimes Ticketmaster doesn't release PDFs for a couple of weeks after the sales in order to try and bump people who exceeded limits.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD