2018 Season Ticket Thread

Why do I get the feeling that supporting the club from day 1 is going to become rather valuable as the years drag on?
Late response and all, but because it SHOULD be that way. Founding members will in all likelihood have supported the club for at least 7-8 seasons before a new stadium is built, and that should be rewarded significantly.

Late response and all, but because it SHOULD be that way. Founding members will in all likelihood have supported the club for at least 7-8 seasons before a new stadium is built, and that should be rewarded significantly.

Does that count the years before the team started playing?

Does that count the years before the team started playing?
Nah, that's just including the moment fans could put significant money into the team through season tickets, during the 1st season.

Sadly, I don't see the stadium as a possibility until season 7 for us, at the earliest.

Nah, that's just including the moment fans could put significant money into the team through season tickets, during the 1st season.

Sadly, I don't see the stadium as a possibility until season 7 for us, at the earliest.

Read the stadium thread. If they announce this year in season 3. It could be done by season 6 based on previous stadium construction times.

Read the stadium thread. If they announce this year in season 3. It could be done by season 6 based on previous stadium construction times.
Absolutely, but excuse me for being incredibly pessimistic about the stadium announcement possibility. :p

Founding members that have kept their allotment of tickets from the beginning should get their custom plaque/brick for free, one for each ticket held for the 7,8,9+ years until the ribbon cutting ceremony. The original notion we'd have to pay extra was repugnant then and will still be after unbroken support.

Last edited:
Founding members that have kept their allotment of tickets from the beginning should get their custom plaque/brick for free, one for each ticket held for the 7,8,9+ years until the ribbon cutting ceremony. The original notion we'd have to pay extra was repugnant then and will still be after unbroken support.
Absolutely, but it said we'd have the OPPORTUNITY to do so, which just SCREAMS that we'd have to pay for it. I hope that notion changes over time.

Would also be nice if the brick/plaque was within the stadium, versus just on the floor of the outside like Citi Field.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Expanded YS netting will be left up for NYCFC games, per relocation email.

Who's moving? Where?

Note: The New York Yankees announced this past Sunday that they will expand the protective netting surrounding home plate and the dugouts at Yankee Stadium. This change will take effect for the start of the 2018 MLB season. The netting will remain in place for NYCFC matches. If you feel this change will negatively impact your matchday experience, please signup to relocate your seats or contact your Membership Services Executive. Further information, such as exact locations of the netting expansion, will be made available when the Yankees finalize their installation plans. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Who's moving? Where?

Note: The New York Yankees announced this past Sunday that they will expand the protective netting surrounding home plate and the dugouts at Yankee Stadium. This change will take effect for the start of the 2018 MLB season. The netting will remain in place for NYCFC matches. If you feel this change will negatively impact your matchday experience, please signup to relocate your seats or contact your Membership Services Executive. Further information, such as exact locations of the netting expansion, will be made available when the Yankees finalize their installation plans. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Merged the 2018 Relocation with the 2018 STH thread because it felt appropriate.

I expect significant movement and drops in STHs. I sat behind the net for 10 minutes when they extended it to the outside of the dugouts during the 2016 season. I couldn't stand the view, I left my seats and moved Pitchside and never went back. The people that sat in those seats during the 2016 told me they hated it because it seriously impairs your quality viewing of the game.

And it's really shitty that you can't opt out since that deadline already passed. I can imagine there will be calls saying people want to cancel now and rather not move. I'm projecting under 20K attendance more regularly next season.

I am sure many of you got this e-mail. A link is below.

https://www.nycfc.com/seat-relocation-add-on

If you want to relocate or add seats, you need to sign up by Thursday.

There was also this tidbit toward the end.

Merged the 2018 Relocation with the 2018 STH thread because it felt appropriate.

I expect significant movement and drops in STHs. I sat behind the net for 10 minutes when they extended it to the outside of the dugouts during the 2016 season. I couldn't stand the view, I left my seats and moved Pitchside and never went back. The people that sat in those seats during the 2016 told me they hated it because it seriously impairs your quality viewing of the game.

are those nets going to extent to second level? i mean thats right in front of away section as well ( not that it matters) but the sections next to them will get this obstructed view....not to mention camera angles

Who's moving? Where?

FYI: YOU HAVE UNTIL THURSDAY AT NOON TO MAKE CHANGES

Just wanted to make sure people caught that since it's very little time in case you miss it or it goes to spam.

We will see. I suspect a lot of people won't mind it so much, but opinions will probably vary widely - kind of like sitting behind one of the foul poles. The view from over on that first base side is pretty bad to begin with. To me the bigger question is what happens to the seats behind the end line on the first base side. Depending upon how far up the line they go, that could impact a lot of seats right next to the pitch. Again, I don't think it would make a big difference to me, but your mileage may vary.

are those nets going to extent to second level? i mean thats right in front of away section as well ( not that it matters) but the sections next to them will get this obstructed view....not to mention camera angles

No, there is no danger from a sharply hit ball that high up - except maybe from Ring.

If the netting is like at other stadiums, it will extend down to the far end of the dugout and be lower than the netting behind home plate. For some stadiums it extends farther into the outfield, but those are the minority.

How lazy is the grounds crew to not take down the nets once every two weeks?
It's not as simple. I remember in another venue they would have to get fire and building safety inspections every time they put it back up. That makes it very inconvenient. Not sure what the NYC regulations are, but I doubt they are lax.
Also, a section of netting is very heavy and is a more intensive project than you think.
If they don't do the top netting and do something NFL style where it can be retracted in the new section, that would be sweet, but I'm not sure of their plans.