2021 Schedule Thread

Of the 17 MLS Regular Season matches in 2021, how many will be played at Yankee Stadium?

• Total voters
One thought I had for the Forums that I would like people's thoughts on, including NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan:

Rather than the closing the original match thread and then opening a postgame thread, just using the one single original match thread. No more postgame thread. The original thread would be open while the chat box is open too. Just to simplify things and so people could quote post from pregame easier.

One thought I had for the Forums that I would like people's thoughts on, including NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan:

Rather than the closing the original match thread and then opening a postgame thread, just using the one single original match thread. No more postgame thread. The original thread would be open while the chat box is open too. Just to simplify things and so people could quote post from pregame easier.

i think this is a good idea. less clutter.

Could be fine, I'm just imagining for someone who wants to read only post-mtch reactions, having to find out where that happens in the match thread... Especially for example on a saturday game where I don't care about what happened in the pre-match thread and skip straight to the postmatch thread

Could be fine, I'm just imagining for someone who wants to read only post-mtch reactions, having to find out where that happens in the match thread... Especially for example on a saturday game where I don't care about what happened in the pre-match thread and skip straight to the postmatch thread
Perhaps an edit to the op with a direct link to the first post match post?

I think that's outweighed by the benefit of continuity. Right now you cannot quote something said in the pre-match thread without going through an extremely clunky work aroiund that effectively stops any look back at what people said before the game.

Reactions: moogoo and Shwafta
That could work, just need to make sure that whoever opens the match thread (i.e. LionNYC LionNYC ) makes that change

For matches where I'm watching from home, it could be easier to do since I'm at my computer. If I'm at a home (and I really want to be), I'd have to wait until I get home and could put something in the original post to a link to the first post after the match concluded. We'll see how it works.

For matches where I'm watching from home, it could be easier to do since I'm at my computer. If I'm at a home (and I really want to be), I'd have to wait until I get home and could put something in the original post to a link to the first post after the match concluded. We'll see how it works.

really don't think it's that critical. just a nice to have at some point after the game is over. you get to it when you get to it.

perhaps there is a way to make a scheduled edit to the original post that will automatically link to the first post made after the time of the final whistle? haven't played with forum apps in awhile so I am out of touch with what types of plug-ins are available these days. could also be a script outside the forum software to run and edit the first post upon determining the first post made after the final whistle.

As possible verification of the solicitations that Shwafta Shwafta has been getting about flex plan ticket voucher deals, I have been targeted with the same pitch this week, by a rep I know, and pretty aggressively. I just emailed him to say I'm unlikely to do anything until I see a schedule with locations, after he fed me the same line in a call earlier this week about most/all games being at YS.
I also said I need to know why the club thinks it can sell flex plans when 10% capacity is probably not enough to handle STHs, and that I'd also like to find out about any Covid testing protocol including whether vaccinated people will be exempt.
BTW, and perhaps burying the lead, I'm being targeted for this offer because I dropped my STHs months ago and have a credit that needs to get used at some point. Just never wanted to go into the why but there's also no reason to make it a secret.

Last edited:
As possible verification of the solicitations that Shwafta Shwafta has been getting about flex plan ticket voucher deals, I have been targeted with the same pitch this week, by a rep I know, and pretty aggressively. I just emailed him to say I'm unlikely to do anything until I see a schedule with locations, after he fed me the same line in a call earlier this week about most/all games being at YS.
I also said I need to know why the club thinks it can sell flex plans when 10% capacity is probably not enough to handle STHs, and that I'd also like to find out about any Covid testing protocol including whether vaccinated people will be exempt.
BTW, and perhaps burying the lead, I'm being targeted for this offer because I dropped my STHs months ago and have a credit that needs to get used at some point. Just never wanted to go into the why but there's also no reason to make it a secret.
There’s no reason to think the limit would be 10% for an outdoor event when it is going to 50% for indoor dining.

There’s no reason to think the limit would be 10% for an outdoor event when it is going to 50% for indoor dining.
There's no reason to think the limit at Madison Square Garden should be 10% when restaurants are at 25%.
There's no reason to think restaurants should be at 25% indoors, but 100% with tables placed right next to each other in a fully enclosed wooden tiny structure built curbside.
There's no reason to think NYC restaurants should be closed for months while they were open in Long Island and Westchester while those counties had higher case rates than NYC.
There's no reason to think NYC restaurants should be at 25% today while Long Island and Westchester are at 50% while they still have higher case rates than NYC.
And there's no reason to think that next week NYC restaurants should be at 50% next week while those same counties go to 75% while the case proportions remain the same.
There was no reason for movie theatres to be closed for months while other places were open given that people at the movies sit still, all face the same direction, don't sing, don't chant and have no need to remove their masks.

To be clear, I'm not arguing over closures and limits generally, but none of the specifics make sense. Right now, big professional sporting events are at 10%, including Yankee Stadium. Until it's announced that that changes, I can't rely on logic to assume it must suddenly start making sense.

Last edited:
Great news. And if we open the entire stadium for NYCFC, we could have close to 10,000 fans at our games -- or nearly 50% of our average attendance in 2019.

Wishful thinking. It'll probably be 20% of the 28,743. It'll still be nice to see almost 5,600 fans at the stadium. And I'm glad they got rid of the ridiculous need to get COVID tested if you've been vaccinated.

Wishful thinking. It'll probably be 20% of the 28,743. It'll still be nice to see almost 5,600 fans at the stadium. And I'm glad they got rid of the ridiculous need to get COVID tested if you've been vaccinated.

After a full season without fans, I would think the team will want to get as many paid customers as they can. They need to start making money again after such an awful year financially.

Cuomo announcing 20% capacity for outdoor games and saying that a vaccine card means you don't need to get a negative test.
Another change, according to the Yankees Twitter, antigen tests will also be acceptable. I wonder if they will set up some type of on-site rapid testing location.

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
After a full season without fans, I would think the team will want to get as many paid customers as they can. They need to start making money again after such an awful year financially.
While I agree they will want to get as many paying customers through the threshold, we have to think about the over head of opening up the top sections too. Think, concessions employees and maintenance/housekeeping, and maybe even ushers ( but honestly probably not in the upper levels), electricity, and water. I'm sure they will figure out a way to dewinterize everything in the top deck for Yankees games so that cost probably wouldn't need to be added. I'm curious if the revenue would out weigh the cost of opening the upper deck especially when you can't fill it to capacity.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
While I agree they will want to get as many paying customers through the threshold, we have to think about the over head of opening up the top sections too. Think, concessions employees and maintenance/housekeeping, and maybe even ushers ( but honestly probably not in the upper levels), electricity, and water. I'm sure they will figure out a way to dewinterize everything in the top deck for Yankees games so that cost probably wouldn't need to be added. I'm curious if the revenue would out weigh the cost of opening the upper deck especially when you can't fill it to capacity.

they could simply open up the upper decks but only have concessions on the lower and mid. just need to have people to clean up the upper decks after the game, which shouldn't be too bad of a job.

Good question whether they will open the upper decks for NYCFC.

On the one hand, they can’t put any more people there for baseball than they can for soccer, and both should sell out.

On the other hand, they can probably charge a lot more for baseball tickets up there than for soccer.

Reactions: Kjbert and 413Blue