2021 Schedule Thread

Of the 17 MLS Regular Season matches in 2021, how many will be played at Yankee Stadium?

• Total voters
My girlfriend was studying for the LSAT and this response definitely gives you away as a lawyer.
I plead guilty, so to speak, but honestly when I saw the post I had to read it 3 times before I could grok the difference between only 70% effective but stops death and hospitalizations 100%. It makes sense, but I had to figure out why.

More positive news regarding timelines. Pfizer expects to deliver 200m doses by end of May, one month earlier than previous timeline.

More positive news regarding timelines. Pfizer expects to deliver 200m doses by end of May, one month earlier than previous timeline.

Now we just have to get those doses to the states and the states have to get them into arms...

and hopefully we aren't throwing them away here in NY cause of cuomo's ridiculously strict eligibility requirements

Did anyone else just get this or a similar email?

Hope all has been well through this tough year. I am reaching out from the front office of New York City FC because the MLS just announced our season will begin on April 6th.

I am writing to ask if you would be interested in attending any matches this year as we may have limited attendance and I wanted to see if you would like to be included.

Please let me know either way so I can mark you off my list.

Much appreciated,

Wondering if it's just to all former and current STH

Nothing yet. Was the email from your rep specifically, someone higher up (Matt Goodman), a general NYCFC email address?

Now we just have to get those doses to the states and the states have to get them into arms...

and hopefully we aren't throwing them away here in NY cause of cuomo's ridiculously strict eligibility requirements
I'm pleased we're keeping up with the supply so far, and that appears to be true for most of the country. I'm concerned that as (1) supplies increase, especially with another vaccine coming on line (we hope) and (2) as the pool of eligible people is increased, that the system will collapse or seize up. There are a lot of reports, from NY and elsewhere, that the process for getting verified, finding a location and making an appointment is ridiculously complex for reasons completely unrelated to the amount of supply. When there is a more bountiful supply and 2x or 3x as many people are eligible, I'm worried the system won't be able to handle it.

• Sad
Reactions: danger
Nothing yet. Was the email from your rep specifically, someone higher up (Matt Goodman), a general NYCFC email address?
i think generic nycfc.com email address - I don't have a rep and this is the first time this one's emailed me, though I just now found out that he's been calling me for like a week now. Probably just recruitment team.

did not get this email. just the goodman email.

On the other hand.

yea - it's scary how unprepared states are to perform this distribution. it's like they didn't have months and months to prepare for the reality of having to distribute a vaccine en masse... oh wait. they did.

He replied back and now I know this:

We actually just came out with our flexible smaller packages this week. [...]

..........except there's no info anywhere online or anything, so this must be an internal thing he's referring to? Also sounds to me like they must know the dates already if they have a "flex pack" as he calls it later in the email.

--edit--

I replied back asking if we're looking at Citi, YS, or RB.

He replied back and now I know this:

..........except there's no info anywhere online or anything, so this must be an internal thing he's referring to? Also sounds to me like they must know the dates already if they have a "flex pack" as he calls it later in the email.

--edit--

I replied back asking if we're looking at Citi, YS, or RB.

lol. wtf? this seems extremely unorthodox to me. i'd just ignore him til there's official club announcements..

lol. wtf? this seems extremely unorthodox to me. i'd just ignore him til there's official club announcements..
I doubt it - since they're doing limited attendance, they're probably not targeting the whole universe if that's the case. No idea why they emailed me specifically, though... but I'm going to speak with him tomorrow and see what's up, maybe see if i can pry out any other info since I have the opportunity

I've received a couple calls and emails over the last month from a "premium sales rep" just looking to check in with me. I haven't responded yet.

Reactions: Shwafta
did not get this email. just the goodman email.

yea - it's scary how unprepared states are to perform this distribution. it's like they didn't have months and months to prepare for the reality of having to distribute a vaccine en masse... oh wait. they did.
CVS has been phenomenal with testing sites. They should be running this nationwide!

Reactions: moogoo
I've received a couple calls and emails over the last month from a "premium sales rep" just looking to check in with me. I haven't responded yet.

this sounds like the calls i get to renew my non-existent auto insurance or be arrested by the FBI. lol.

this sounds like the calls i get to renew my non-existent auto insurance or be arrested by the FBI. lol.
Yep, sure sounds like it.

This is the latest email, starting to get skeptical.
Yes the team is playing at Yankee Stadium! These new flex plans actually just came out today and can only be bought through one of the NYCFC reps, which is me!!

Yep, sure sounds like it.

This is the latest email, starting to get skeptical.

with the tone of that email, the next one will say you can get all your matches for FREE if you just wire him a small “administrative” fee right now and this deal is only through him!!!

Reactions: moogoo

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert