2022 Concacaf Champions League

Yeah at 2-1 up and 5-2 up in the tie with 30 minutes to go, it's basically over and you're rotating guys. I have no issues with what he did. It blew up on him because the players played poorly. But it was the right thing to do in the moment.
Yup. Sometimes good moves work out poorly. Sometimes bad moves work out well.

It blew up on him because the players played poorly. But it was the right thing to do in the moment.
Comu definitely looked dangerous. But let's also remember that their last goal, the one that made everything sooooo tense for the final 10 minutes, was a 2% xG wonder strike.

Comu definitely looked dangerous. But let's also remember that their last goal, the one that made everything sooooo tense for the final 10 minutes, was a 2% xG wonder strike.
And the one before that was probably offside.

Was this deflected? In real time I thought it was deflected and wrong footed Johnson and I was too traumatized to watch the highlights lol. I don't think concacaf provides very good highlights either.

Was this deflected? In real time I thought it was deflected and wrong footed Johnson and I was too traumatized to watch the highlights lol. I don't think concacaf provides very good highlights either.
I don't think it was deflected, but I also don't think Sean could see it clearly the whole way through, so didn't quite have the time to react to such a hard shot.

Reactions: moogoo
Is it too Cynical to hope that we win CCL or hope Seattle loses in the final? I just don’t think I can bare listening to all the gushing of Seattle on Extra Time, MLSsoccerdotcom, or anywhere else on the internet.
If there ever was a team that deserved the gushing, and deserved the first CCL for MLS, it would be Seattle. I have respect for what they've been able to accomplish

we'd hear the end of it when we become the team MLS gushes over with our brand new stadium and many trophies.
I don’t know man, I feel like we will always be the Pariahs of MLS. I really can’t think of another fan base that would respect anything about this club and it’s really disappointing.

Reactions: moogoo
I don’t know man, I feel like we will always be the Pariahs of MLS. I really can’t think of another fan base that would respect anything about this club and it’s really disappointing.

They don't have to like us.. but if we keep winning stuff they have to respect us.

The “get a stadium, embarrassing pitch” narrative will be replaced by “oil money, man city lite” when NYCFC actually has a stadium. Will never be respected by the other fan bases at all.

Reactions: Victors87
I don't think it was deflected, but I also don't think Sean could see it clearly the whole way through, so didn't quite have the time to react to such a hard shot.
This. He was definitely screened. If he sees the ball before it's already in the 18, he saves it.

Yep. Com had two players offside as well. I was originally hoping one of them had screened Johnson so that we might get a VAR overturn, but it was almost certainly 1-2 of our guys.

Reactions: FootyLovin